Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Surely there’s been enough notice of the registration thing that those committed to the festival are up to speed on the process, or is the problem with see tickets? Another fortnight to sit and wait.  
does this mean new registrations will be accepted or just old ones updated? 

It seems that there’s a number of people who done everything they should to confirm data and now no longer have any registrations associated with their email address.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

What’s an extra week going to achieve for people who weren’t organised enough to re-register in the first place? Guaranteed that in two weeks time exactly the same thing will happen. 

They did confirm they wanted to keep their registrations but now there’s no registrations associated with their email address.

2 minutes ago, autoinflate said:

fed up with all the publicity around ticket sales (and the festival in general) giving everyone a 'fair chance' to jam up the website on ticket day.

make it a zero-publicity sale with press embargo, post the sale date/time on the website and leave it at that - give people who really, really want to go and make the effort to get organised a better chance.

There's a TV show called Nathan For You where an episode revolves around giving away free petrol (or heavily discounted can't quite remember) but the catch is that people have to post a form in a particular postbox which they've put halfway up a mountain. So obviously most people don't bother putting a claim in.

Maybe we need something similar for Glastonbury - if you can't be bothered to row out into the English channel and leave your deposit in a safety deposit box tied to a buoy then you don't deserve to come.

• Upvote 4

Whatever their reasoning is for this (we’ll never know the full story), it does look like we were gearing up for an easy sale 😞 

Think they’ll either be concerned that it’s not going to sell out immediately and this will affect them financially - remember that the Eavii have always said it’s absolutely vital the festival sells every ticket - and open them up to a world of shite from the press. Or they might be worried about the demographic of the crowd being shifted too much. I have no idea really, but it’s a huge call. I’ll never talk bad about the festival but this is a huge call 

Edited by 09matthewsw

I don't think it's got anything to do with being worried about selling enough tickets.  It will always be oversubscribed now unless there is a massive change, like it not being televised on BBC or not having massive headliners. Even then I think it would continue to sell out on reputation alone. 

It looks like some genuine issues with registration for some people. 

Massively frustrating for those of us who haven't had issues and got sorted for today/ Sunday especially as it feels like we will be worse off (I.e. more people trying for tickets).

However, in the spirit of the festival I think it is the right thing to do. 

Glasto would get slated whatever they did in this scenario at least they are trying to let people access tickets who wouldn't be able to. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, mouserat said:

There's a TV show called Nathan For You where an episode revolves around giving away free petrol (or heavily discounted can't quite remember) but the catch is that people have to post a form in a particular postbox which they've put halfway up a mountain. So obviously most people don't bother putting a claim in.

But the ones who do… 😂 

Bloody love that show. Assume you’ve watched The Rehearsal? 

</tangent>

9 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That's a narrow perspective isn't it? 

People have lives with things happening and they've tried to plan them around the sale dates and times, so of course a proportion of those people will not be able to change plans at two weeks notice. 

Lots of others who weren't available this weekend will now be able to make it though, swings and roundabouts 

Agghh! Difficult isn't it? On the one hand it's pissed a lot of people (including myself) off when we have specifically organised our life around the sale and might have plans for the new dates. But on the other hand I do know someone who was convinced they had re-confirmed their reg, only to double check again this week and for the reg to now have disappeared. We thought they must be mistaken but now seems maybe that it's See that have messed up!

24 minutes ago, Oscr said:

There's surely been some kind of technical issue, madness that people had so long to confirm registration and didn't, and they extend for that reason alone. Should be on them as a lesson!

They deleted mine even though I confirmed my registration. Luckily I checked and noticed a couple of weeks ago so made a new one. Lots will not have checked. They have realised they deleted a load of peoples registrations by mistake and thus have delayed. 

I think people have had plenty of notice though and it should have gone ahead. But I guess its only fair. 

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

It seems a load of thickos didnt update as requested/deleted their reg and didnt create a new one, realised too late and started moaning.

Ahhh yes, people who followed the request but had their ref deleted anyway, as many on here stated, are all thickos

Funny how fast people on Heres love and compassion goes out the window when they're mildly inconvenienced

I'll now be trying from a US airport instead of home, but I have a laptop so not much difference

12 minutes ago, autoinflate said:

fed up with all the publicity around ticket sales (and the festival in general) giving everyone a 'fair chance' to jam up the website on ticket day.

make it a zero-publicity sale with press embargo, post the sale date/time on the website and leave it at that - give people who really, really want to go and make the effort to get organised a better chance.

You couldn't prevent anyone else from reporting it once it was in the public domain i.e the website