Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

5 hours ago, Mark H said:

Can anyone recall why they changed it from October to November last year and if it was intended to be a one off?

Liz Truss was single handedly tanking the economy and it was unclear how much the festival, and therefore tickets, would cost while the financial situation was so uncertain.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Liz Truss was single handedly tanking the economy and it was unclear how much the festival, and therefore tickets, would cost while the financial situation was so uncertain.

Oh wow. Observing from overseas I had no idea. It’s a good thing she was beaten by that lettuce or who knows what kind of damage she could have done. Fingers crossed the universe is healing and we will be back to an October sale 🤞 

11 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Reckon they’ll stick to the same system re: payments as they did with the 2023 resale, or return to the system used previously?

That's an unknown quantity at this stage.

There's an argument that it's fairer but it also loses the advantage that the most persistent got. I suspect even if they do go ahead with the new system that it won't be as quick as the resale but we await the news to find out.

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2023 at 4:51 AM, foolee said:

Didn’t get an email. Do I need to be concerned and is there anything I need to update and by when? Thanks for anyone’s help! 

If you registered any time from the start of 2020 onwards, then you don't need to do anything.

If your registration dates from before 2020, you need to just go into your details and confirm that you want to keep the registration (optionally updating your photo and/or personal details)

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup

No great panic - you've got until Monday 2nd Oct to do it

• Upvote 1

Interesting article here just re ticket seller fees and the potantial new system of selling Glasto tix.

Bloom organisers paid Ticketmaster almost €480,000 over four years

This is a flower show in Ireland. About 100k attendance. 

"This year Ticketmaster, part of global entertainment giant Live Nation, charged €88,517.13 for the sale of tickets to the show, Bord Bia confirmed"

Id say See charge similar. So any reduction there would be welcomed you'd imagine. Huge costs.

Took our kids to Camp Bestival yesterday, first festival for them.

It’s reaffirmed my thoughts on getting tickets in October. 

We’ll try, but if not successful we won’t bother in the resale. We’ll go to something  like Boomtown instead. 

Enjoyed the smaller festival yesterday. Was actually nice to be able to walk 10 mins between the stages. 

Absolutely love Glasto and will be in the mix for tickets for many years to come, but won’t be overly stressed if we’re unsuccessful. 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Interesting article here just re ticket seller fees and the potantial new system of selling Glasto tix.

Bloom organisers paid Ticketmaster almost €480,000 over four years

This is a flower show in Ireland. About 100k attendance. 

"This year Ticketmaster, part of global entertainment giant Live Nation, charged €88,517.13 for the sale of tickets to the show, Bord Bia confirmed"

Id say See charge similar. So any reduction there would be welcomed you'd imagine. Huge costs.

The new system is still run by seetickets no? If they continue to use it I can’t imagine it would bring a huge reduction in fees as they’re still handling the same amount of traffic + still taking payment themselves

17 hours ago, nikkic said:

We’ll try, but if not successful we won’t bother in the resale.

Yes, that's basically my position. April is way too close to the festival for me to arrange flights and pet care while I'm away, and the annual leave I'd need to take can't be arranged at such short notice, and I wouldn't book it on the hope I'm successful in the resale, so it's October or bust for me.

On 8/18/2023 at 11:56 AM, gigpusher said:

There's an argument that it's fairer but it also loses the advantage that the most persistent got. I suspect even if they do go ahead with the new system that it won't be as quick as the resale but we await the news to find out.

Just based on ticket numbers it won’t be as quick as the recent resale but if they do use the new system you would expect it would be the quickest main sale in history.

In, secure tickets, out.

No f**king about with payments.

9 hours ago, JB3 said:

Just based on ticket numbers it won’t be as quick as the recent resale but if they do use the new system you would expect it would be the quickest main sale in history.

In, secure tickets, out.

No f**king about with payments.

Yep it will definitely speed things up no doubt but I think a lot of people are imagining doomsday scenarios where if you are not in at 9am on the dot it means you won't get a ticket and I don't think it will be that extreme.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yep it will definitely speed things up no doubt but I think a lot of people are imagining doomsday scenarios where if you are not in at 9am on the dot it means you won't get a ticket and I don't think it will be that extreme.

I think you are right. Isn't it the case they've managed the process before so it's not a sell out instantly, I'd expect they'll do the same again.

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yep, for the resale there were verrrry few tickets available so See's system was able to process all the transactions simultaneously.  If you weren't in immediately it was pretty much game over.

For main sale there will be far more tickets available but even if everyone purchased 6 that would mean See being able to serve c25k sessions simultaneously.  It's not beyond the realms of technical possibility these days but it's unlikely to be the case.  That said I wouldn't mind betting it could all be over sub-15 minutes.

• Like 1

I had a notification on my phone from one of the Glastonbury fan groups on Facebook. I only noticed it as I hit the clear all notifications button but I'm pretty sure it said "Emily Eavis confirms no October sale this year...."

I've had a flick through some of the groups and can't find the post. Can anyone else confirm they saw this? Or perhaps it was a troll post and now been deleted.

41 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

I had a notification on my phone from one of the Glastonbury fan groups on Facebook. I only noticed it as I hit the clear all notifications button but I'm pretty sure it said "Emily Eavis confirms no October sale this year...."

I've had a flick through some of the groups and can't find the post. Can anyone else confirm they saw this? Or perhaps it was a troll post and now been deleted.

I can’t find anything. Plenty online stating probably November but I reckon that’s just lazily going on what happened last year. If it’s back to October we should hear soon.

30E8911A-C0B4-46CA-9205-56C3A005ACD6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lakey91 said:

Possibly a quote of the Thingy's tweet the other day saying it has been 3 years to the day since the October 2020 sale was cancelled.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I can’t find anything. Plenty online stating probably November but I reckon that’s just lazily going on what happened last year. If it’s back to October we should hear soon.

Normally if its an October sale when does it generally get announced? I'd assume early September

On 8/18/2023 at 11:56 AM, gigpusher said:

Sorry, could someone briefly explain the difference between the two systems?