2024 Stage Predictions

6 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

nearly saw Ash in 2010 when they headlined JP stage against Stevie Wonder.  There was no one in the tent and so we left and saw Stevie instead.  One of my best Glasto Decisions (no shade at Ash.) 

Yeah I think there are lot's of 90's/00's indie guitar bands that probably only have a home earlyish on the Other Stage or Woodsies or maybe at Avalon and are often going to lose out to more current/relevant acts.

Yeah might come as a shock to some of them.  I saw the Charlatans on the other stage in one of the recent festivals there was hardly anyone there it was Avalon stage size crowd at best. 

I guess it's a real challenge to the guys that sort this where to put them as I could randomly be really popular or no one turns up 

57 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Yeah that's another good example. 

Given there are examples of the opposite Manics for example (acts who have played  big slots but come back in smaller slots) 

It makes me strongly feel that acts like Feeder probably are not on the booking teams radar due to a massive misalignment on what slot they should be in.  

I saw Feeder play ascot racecourse about 6 years ago trust me they don’t care about who/where they are playing I think they just are not really relevant anymore so don’t get booked. I’d happily watch them and Ash early on the other but I think the festival can just get more relevant names now and doesn’t need them 

18 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I saw Feeder play ascot racecourse about 6 years ago trust me they don’t care about who/where they are playing I think they just are not really relevant anymore so don’t get booked. I’d happily watch them and Ash early on the other but I think the festival can just get more relevant names now and doesn’t need them 

Saw Feeder at Manchester Ritz and believe me they were not happy in that venue.

I'd happily watch them on a smaller stage aswell.  The only trouble is some of there recent albums have been very poor and its diluting the catalogue of music they have

They could do with some self awareness of how poorly some of there new material has been received. 

I've seen them a lot and its obvious at there shows

Edited by Ben7amin_

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Oh aye that's why Lil Nas X, Lizzo, Royal Blood, Lorde and Sam Fender (originally Doja Cat) have all done it in the last two years.

As i said, i did check - and thats why I said I feel.

Newer acts have also done Other stage too - so even if its more likely statistically they will do other, i feel (key word feel) they would suit the pyramid sub slot more (as the main stage rock sub which seems common each year)

On 12/16/2023 at 5:29 PM, Sorcha17 said:

Friday
Pyramid - Dua Lipa, Kasabian, PJ Harvey, Snow Patrol, Arlo Parks, Gabrielle   
Other - Chase and Status, Idles, Avril Lavigne, Bombay Bicycle Club, Noname, Feeder(openers)
West Holts - Chaka Khan, Bakar, Tom Morello, Black Pumas, Jalen Ngonda
Woodsies - Underworld, Suede, TBA(LCD Soundsystem), Corinne Bailey Rae, The Mary Wallopers,
Park - Future Islands, Barry Can’t Swim, Jordan Rakei, Lankum, Snail Mail

Saturday
Pyramid - Coldplay, Pulp, The Killers(billed as The Flamingos), Deacon Blue, Keane, Sugababes
Other - Doja Cat, The Streets, Rema, Knucks, The Mysterines, Baby Queen
West Holts - Jungle, Michael Kiwanuka, Kool and the Gang, Yussef Dayes, Mdou Moctar
Woodsies - Justice, Mitski, TBA(Charli XCX), Ashnikko, Yazmin Lacey
Park -  Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Beth Gibbons, The Lottery Winners, Wunderhorse, Ty Segall

Sunday
Pyramid - Madonna, Dave, Paolo Nutini, Shania Twain, Cyndi Lauper, Sam Ryder
Other - The National, AJ Tracey, Turnstile, Olivia Dean, Yard Act
West Holts - Kano, Sampha, Baaba Maal, Genesis Owusu, Squid
Woodsies - Garbage, Troye Sivan, Tate McRae, Tom Odell, Say She She
Park - Orbital, The Breeders, Romy, The Last Dinner Party, Adult DVD

ujd8i01aoo6c1.jpeg

Excellent lineup and prediction. Looks incredibly realistic.

Can't imagine The Smile NOT being there though. They are playing august tests and the fact they are doing some in June too is probably because they'll want to do Glastonbury. It will be their final tour for long and I'm sure they will want to tick box the festival where their story has started (Live At Worthy Farm). 

24 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Excellent lineup and prediction. Looks incredibly realistic.

Can't imagine The Smile NOT being there though. They are playing august tests and the fact they are doing some in June too is probably because they'll want to do Glastonbury. It will be their final tour for long and I'm sure they will want to tick box the festival where their story has started (Live At Worthy Farm). 

The Prodigy is also lacking and I would say hopefully headlining the Other Stage Friday instead of chase n status.

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

The Prodigy is also lacking and I would say hopefully headlining the Other Stage Friday instead of chase n status.

They are playing a festival in France on the Friday so could only be Saturday or Sunday which is a shame as that would be a great Friday night 

6 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Saw Feeder at Manchester Ritz and believe me they were not happy in that venue.

I'd happily watch them on a smaller stage aswell.  The only trouble is some of there recent albums have been very poor and its diluting the catalogue of music they have

They could do with some self awareness of how poorly some of there new material has been received. 

I've seen them a lot and its obvious at there shows

The last two albums have been pretty well reviewed/received as far as I'm aware 

I have to leave before the headliner starts on Sunday to get back for work on Monday - stayed for Elton as a one off last year because I couldn’t miss it, and the drive back almost killed me! Not risking it again.

Is Madonna locked on for Sunday (if she’s playing) or is it just speculation that has stuck? I’d love to be able to see her.

On 12/16/2023 at 4:29 PM, Sorcha17 said:

Friday
Pyramid - Dua Lipa, Kasabian, PJ Harvey, Snow Patrol, Arlo Parks, Gabrielle   
Other - Chase and Status, Idles, Avril Lavigne, Bombay Bicycle Club, Noname, Feeder(openers)
West Holts - Chaka Khan, Bakar, Tom Morello, Black Pumas, Jalen Ngonda
Woodsies - Underworld, Suede, TBA(LCD Soundsystem), Corinne Bailey Rae, The Mary Wallopers,
Park - Future Islands, Barry Can’t Swim, Jordan Rakei, Lankum, Snail Mail

Saturday
Pyramid - Coldplay, Pulp, The Killers(billed as The Flamingos), Deacon Blue, Keane, Sugababes
Other - Doja Cat, The Streets, Rema, Knucks, The Mysterines, Baby Queen
West Holts - Jungle, Michael Kiwanuka, Kool and the Gang, Yussef Dayes, Mdou Moctar
Woodsies - Justice, Mitski, TBA(Charli XCX), Ashnikko, Yazmin Lacey
Park -  Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Beth Gibbons, The Lottery Winners, Wunderhorse, Ty Segall

Sunday
Pyramid - Madonna, Dave, Paolo Nutini, Shania Twain, Cyndi Lauper, Sam Ryder
Other - The National, AJ Tracey, Turnstile, Olivia Dean, Yard Act
West Holts - Kano, Sampha, Baaba Maal, Genesis Owusu, Squid
Woodsies - Garbage, Troye Sivan, Tate McRae, Tom Odell, Say She She
Park - Orbital, The Breeders, Romy, The Last Dinner Party, Adult DVD

ujd8i01aoo6c1.jpeg

Underworld are playing elsewhere on the 28th and 29th June so would need to play the Sunday if at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy new year! Here's an updated attempt at this, with help from the new smaller acts thread and the acts touring around Glasto thread. If anyone's ruled out, let me know!

Pyramid: Coldplay, Olivia Rodrigo, PJ Harvey, Keane, Troye Sivan, Lizzie McAlpine, Mika

Other: SZA, Deftones, Greta van Fleet, Beabadoobee, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Happy Mondays, Bombay Bicycle Club

West Holts: Chaka Khan, Sampha, Black Pumas, Sister Sledge, St Paul & The Broken Bones, Paris Texas, Black Uhuru, Jalen Ngonda

Woodsies: Jungle, Mogwai, Cian Ducrot, Bleachers, X (Catfish and the Bottlemen) Faye Webster, Sorry, Panic Shack

Park: Justice, Lord Huron, Ashnikko, Lapsley, Snail Mail, The Mysterines, Blondshell, Picture Parlour

Pyramid: Dua Lipa, Pulp, Sting, Garbage, Sigrid, Richard Hawley, James Blunt

Other: J Hus, Kim Petras, Ice Spice, Ren, Anne-Marie, Holly Humberstone, Ethel Cain, Hot Milk

West Holts: LCD Soundsystem, Brittany Howard, Thievery Corporation, Omar Apollo, Jordan Rakei, Nu Guena

Woodsies: Snow Patrol, Belle and Sebastian, GAYLE, Georgia, The Mary Wallopers, Somebody’s Child, New Dad

Park: Patti Smith, Denzel Curry, Alvvays, Bess Atwell, Nieve Ella, The Anchoress, Loose Articles, Divorce

Pyramid: Madonna, Doja Cat, Weezer, Shania Twain, Arlo Parks, Rita Ora, Local Band

Other: The National, Avril Lavigne, Mabel, Yard Act, Pinkpantheress, Tom Odell, The Last Dinner Party, Ty Segall, The Reytons

West Holts: Underworld, Gregory Porter, X (The Streets), Gabrielle, Bob Vylan, Olivia Dean, Badbadnotgood, Mdou Moctar

Woodsies: Robyn, Mimi Webb, The Japanese House, Rachel Chinouriri, Gilla Band, Meekz, Coach Party

Park: The Smile, Anna Calvi, The Blaze, CMAT, Biig Piig, Kevin Morby, Remi Wolf, Prima Queen

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Happy new year! Here's an updated attempt at this, with help from the new smaller acts thread and the acts touring around Glasto thread. If anyone's ruled out, let me know!

Pyramid: Coldplay, Olivia Rodrigo, PJ Harvey, Keane, Troye Sivan, Lizzie McAlpine, Mika

Other: SZA, Deftones, Greta van Fleet, Beabadoobee, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Happy Mondays, Bombay Bicycle Club

West Holts: Chaka Khan, Sampha, Black Pumas, Sister Sledge, St Paul & The Broken Bones, Paris Texas, Black Uhuru, Jalen Ngonda

Woodsies: Jungle, Mogwai, Cian Ducrot, Bleachers, X (Catfish and the Bottlemen) Faye Webster, Sorry, Panic Shack

Park: Justice, Lord Huron, Ashnikko, Lapsley, Snail Mail, The Mysterines, Blondshell, Picture Parlour

Pyramid: Dua Lipa, Pulp, Sting, Garbage, Sigrid, Richard Hawley, James Blunt

Other: J Hus, Kim Petras, Ice Spice, Ren, Anne-Marie, Holly Humberstone, Ethel Cain, Hot Milk

West Holts: LCD Soundsystem, Brittany Howard, Thievery Corporation, Omar Apollo, Jordan Rakei, Nu Guena

Woodsies: Snow Patrol, Belle and Sebastian, GAYLE, Georgia, The Mary Wallopers, Somebody’s Child, New Dad

Park: Patti Smith, Denzel Curry, Alvvays, Bess Atwell, Nieve Ella, The Anchoress, Loose Articles, Divorce

Pyramid: Madonna, Doja Cat, Weezer, Shania Twain, Arlo Parks, Rita Ora, Local Band

Other: The National, Avril Lavigne, Mabel, Yard Act, Pinkpantheress, Tom Odell, The Last Dinner Party, Ty Segall, The Reytons

West Holts: Underworld, Gregory Porter, X (The Streets), Gabrielle, Bob Vylan, Olivia Dean, Badbadnotgood, Mdou Moctar

Woodsies: Robyn, Mimi Webb, The Japanese House, Rachel Chinouriri, Gilla Band, Meekz, Coach Party

Park: The Smile, Anna Calvi, The Blaze, CMAT, Biig Piig, Kevin Morby, Remi Wolf, Prima Queen

No way are Justice on the Park.

LCD on WH is optimistic too i think

Friday
Pyramid - Dua Lipa, Mumford and Sons, Avril Lavigne, Sigrid, Deacon Blue, Gabrielle   
Other - Chase and Status, Idles, Ice Spice, The Last Dinner Party, Tyla, Razorlight(openers)
West Holts - Kano, Michael Kiwanuka, Bakar, Sister Sledge, Ayra Starr
Woodsies - Underworld, Suede, TBA(Kasabian), Kenya Grace, The Mary Wallopers,
Park - The Smile, Barry Can’t Swim, Jordan Rakei, Lankum, Snail Mail

Saturday
Pyramid - Coldplay, SZA, Wet Leg, Keane, Cyndi Lauper, Sam Ryder
Other - Doja Cat, The Streets, Rema, Knucks, The Lottery Winners, Baby Queen
West Holts - LCD Soundsystem, Dionne Warwick, Baaba Maal, Yussef Dayes, Mdou Moctar
Woodsies - Fontaines DC, Mitski, TBA(Biffy Clyro), Ashnikko, Yazmin Lacey
Park -  Bombay Bicycle Club, Bloc Party, The Breeders, Wunderhorse, Ty Segall

Sunday
Pyramid - Stevie Wonder, Pulp, Chaka Khan, Shania Twain, Sugababes, Gregory Porter
Other - The National, Jungle, Turnstile, Olivia Dean, Yard Act
West Holts - Justice, Sampha, Kool and the Gang, Genesis Owusu, Jalen Ngonda
Woodsies - Patti Smith, Troye Sivan, Tate McRae, Tom Odell, Caity Baser
Park - Orbital, Beth Gibbons, Romy, Elmiene, Say She She

kiZv792.jpg

10 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday
Pyramid - Dua Lipa, Mumford and Sons, Avril Lavigne, Sigrid, Deacon Blue, Gabrielle   
Other - Chase and Status, Idles, Ice Spice, The Last Dinner Party, Tyla, Razorlight(openers)

Saturday
West Holts - LCD Soundsystem, Dionne Warwick, Baaba Maal, Yussef Dayes, Mdou Moctar

Sunday
Pyramid - Stevie Wonder, Pulp, Chaka Khan, Shania Twain, Sugababes, Gregory Porter

kiZv792.jpg

This might be the best run The Pyramid has ever seen 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Has any one actually gone back and checked how close they got to the actual line up with their prediction? Next level geekery i know but 

I'm sure if anyone got it close they would be the first to tell everyone. I know I would.

19 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

kiZv792.jpg

Underworld are playing elsewhere Friday and Saturday so can only do Sunday if at all.

18 hours ago, golden egg said:

Would definitely take that! Is Stevie a possibility?

I don't think so... I don't think he's active at all.