Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

16 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

both him and the Spice girls would have me undecided .... not a fan but they would be sing alongs where id know the words to pretty much everything 

I saw Robbie in July just gone.

Say what you like about the bloke he puts on a really good show - storytelling is engaging and funny and of course lots of sing alongs.

Honestly I'd recommend him - and I've always called him a glorified pub singer.

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

Would love to see Robbie do it. He’d smash it out the park and fill the field. Got so many bangers as well. Would he accept it though? Just headlined IOW and could probably do Hyde Park… 

Hasn't he said on interviews he really wants to do it?

Feels like a no brainer booking at this point 

Just now, JonSnow said:

Hasn't he said on interviews he really wants to do it?

Feels like a no brainer booking at this point 

Ah I’m not sure. If that’s the case then they need to get him booked, would be incredible. Honestly think he’d go down a storm if he headlined. 

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

This is the thing with Williams, for me at least. His schtick / persona / character / personality or whatever has now got to the stage where he just makes my skin crawl and my teeth itch. And I can't get past that.

A lot would agree but hes released 12 albums, 11 of them number 1. Also had 2 number 1 greatest hits albums. More than qualified. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

A lot would agree but hes released 12 albums, 11 of them number 1. Also had 2 number 1 greatest hits albums. More than qualified. 

Oh don't get me wrong it's an entirely personal view, and I can see why he'd be a good fit for the slot. I'd just be very much elsewhere 

On 8/10/2023 at 7:34 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

both him and the Spice girls would have me undecided .... not a fan but they would be sing alongs where id know the words to pretty much everything 

I’d probably go to the Spice Girls for the 90s nostalgia.

I have two opinions on Williams. First, I think he’s a total dicksplash, can’t stand him or his music, and would be absolutely nowhere near. Second, I think he’s a perfect legend slot booking and would absolutely smash it to bits

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Robbie would be the bollox. All on board for that. So many tunes and stacks that people have forgotten about across his albums. Karma Killer, No Regrets, Feel, Supreme, Phoenix from the Flames. 

It’d be the biggest legend slot of all time. 

2 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Anyone who thinks having Tosspot Williams as the legend is a bigger deal than Diana Ross needs their head examined - even if her voice was a bit ropey.

‘Bigger deal’ is debatable, but considering he’s more recent and so therefor more kids and young adults are gonna be interested, he’d almost certainly pull a much bigger crowd, and his voice isn’t exactly in tip top shape there’s days - I believe he does a whole lot of holding the mic out to the crowd whenever it gets even remotely challenging. 

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

‘Bigger deal’ is debatable, but considering he’s more recent and so therefor more kids and young adults are gonna be interested, he’d almost certainly pull a much bigger crowd, and his voice isn’t exactly in tip top shape there’s days - I believe he does a whole lot of holding the mic out to the crowd whenever it gets even remotely challenging. 

In terms of musical history/legacy, I'd argue that the only bigger acts than DiRo to ever appear on the Pyramid are the Stones, Macca and Bowie (maybe Elton & Stevie Wonder at a push) - and they all headlined.

The idea that Williams is a bigger legend than Diana Ross is f**king insane!

• Upvote 1