Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

Sea Power are overdue to come back - 8 years since they were last on the Other, and it must be over 15 years since they almost got banned from the festival for your man climbing the stage in the tent

I remember being very entertained by them at other a very long time ago. 

They've been doing some dates in Feb, would be great if they were about, too many of their socials are overrun my little englander nobs who aren't even fans of the band, just like moaning. 

Don't know if this is of interest but just coming away from an Everything Everything album launch gig in Leeds and the sound engineer said they weren't playing but he was doing the sound for Bloc Party, didn't get chance to ask where though.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, craigyb31 said:

Don't know if this is of interest but just coming away from an Everything Everything album launch gig in Leeds and the sound engineer said they weren't playing but he was doing the sound for Bloc Party, didn't get chance to ask where though.

Appreciate it!

The guitarist told me they weren't playing a month back but that could easily have been a "please buy tickets to our Crystal Palace" show instead kind of response so hopefully this is more accurate!

7 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Did they mix up their setlists?

I saw them early hours of Sunday playing the rabbit hole tent. They pretty much gave up playing their songs and started taking requests! Cher, oasis, tenacious d definately 1 of my favourite random moments of last year

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, shep89 said:

I saw them early hours of Sunday playing the rabbit hole tent. They pretty much gave up playing their songs and started taking requests! Cher, oasis, tenacious d definately 1 of my favourite random moments of last year

Their lead singer also has tremendous patter, could easily be a comedian if he wanted to be one😊.  

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Their lead singer also has tremendous patter, could easily be a comedian if he wanted to be one😊.  

He's quality, he started doing a painting during one of there songs when I saw them as he had no vocals in it 😂

I know Twitter likes don’t officially count but I got a reply from Katie Puckrik earlier when I mentioned Glastonbury. Currently lead singer of this band playing Iggy Pop’s List for Life and also Blondie / Pistols covers etc. 

IMG_2178.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

On 3/3/2024 at 11:26 PM, shep89 said:

Gutted I missed this, I was in the area about an hour before as well

5 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Surely Skepta is bigger than D Block Europe who people have been touting for Other headline right?

He would have been Other headline level circa 2017-2018, but think he's dropped off a little nowadays.

10 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Person on Reddit claiming that Joe Talbot confirmed IDLES at their Antwerp gig last night. As ever take it with a nip of sodium. 

Nah they are already busy in europe over Glastonbury 

Joe Talbot also said they were not playing previously.

Edited by Ben7amin_

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Person on Reddit claiming that Joe Talbot confirmed IDLES at their Antwerp gig last night. As ever take it with a nip of sodium. 

That would be a turnaround. I’d heard the band weren’t satisfied with the stage/time offered. Hopefully there’s been some developments!

1 hour ago, UncleJunior said:

Free on Friday.

Yeah but if they are in Austria on Thursday and Italy Saturday. I can not see them playing Glastonbury on the Friday. 

Especially since Joe Talbot has already said they are not playing. 

While I would love them to play.

Time to let this go.

Edited by Ben7amin_