Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

A breakfast pie is exactly as it sounds - sausage, bacon, egg and beans, inside a pastry case. It was from just round the corner by the bus, and I’m 90% sure it was a Pieminister pie. Exemplary pie makers! 

And I remember the pie a lot more warmly than the little indie fella to be honest 😁  this was pre-quiff/ridiculous accent/up his own arseness, but they’ve never really been my kettle of fish to be honest anyways. At least he did budge a bit, he’s in my good books for that 👍

Seems they have indeed done a couple of breakfasty pies https://pieminister.co.uk/the-best-of-the-brunch/

As for the encounter 

On 1/27/2024 at 7:51 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Are we onto pies now? There's a pub near Wakefield called The Malt Shovel that does some sensational scran.

I’ll store this in my head for future use. I’m in Sussex but will travel many miles if it’s for great pie. 

On 1/27/2024 at 7:33 AM, Neverneverland said:

Bristolian here. They’re my favourite pies

I'm pretty partial to them too, not been there for a while, but very nice at the place at Stoke's Croft in Bristol with all the trimmings. 

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I’ll store this in my head for future use. I’m in Sussex but will travel many miles if it’s for great pie. 

Can heartily recommend. They used to do three dozen different pies, with your choice of pastry, mash or cobbler topping. Sadly, they've downscaled to two-dozen now. 

7 hours ago, balti-pie said:

If you're at the Chichester end of Sussex I can recommend a trip to Pie & Vinyl in Southsea (might be a bit more of a trek from the Hastings end).

Wait, what thread is this? I don't have any self confirm info unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

The pies at Shrewsbury Town FC are really good  - steak and ale and chicken balti, the pastry is fantastic. Usually the best bit of match day (with the pre match pint a close second).  There was also one time at Chelsea they had a phenomenal artisan pie on an independent stand.  Never saw it again.  Ditto the real ale (STFC have a real ale stand but most of the year it's too bloody cold to sink one at half time).  Least said about football for either team this season, the better.

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

The pies at Shrewsbury Town FC are really good  - steak and ale and chicken balti, the pastry is fantastic. Usually the best bit of match day (with the pre match pint a close second).  There was also one time at Chelsea they had a phenomenal artisan pie on an independent stand.  Never saw it again.  Ditto the real ale (STFC have a real ale stand but most of the year it's too bloody cold to sink one at half time).  Least said about football for either team this season, the better.

Piglets? In the West Stand for the best part of a season I believe… sadly missed (like so many goal scoring opportunities) 

13 hours ago, Simsy said:

If you're at the Chichester end of Sussex I can recommend a trip to Pie & Vinyl in Southsea (might be a bit more of a trek from the Hastings end).

Wait, what thread is this? I don't have any self confirm info unfortunately.

Its a bit of a trip, im in Eastbourne, but there's some decent boozers in Southsea as well- ive been over to Victorious a couple of times and back when hotels werent ridiculously expensive for the weekend, it was a good budget fest even ignoring half the lineup's indie landfill 😄 i remember a really good ale pub with a variety of different flavoured pickled eggs 

#snackchat

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Piglets? In the West Stand for the best part of a season I believe… sadly missed (like so many goal scoring opportunities) 

Piglets are from Worthing - they're a great pie arent they? the herby pastry really makes it. I occasionally get free tickets for Brighton home games and what gets me to commit is the pie. I'm a spurs fan, im not too fussed by the footy, but i am of course a real sucker for a good pie. As we all should be! 

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Maybe that's why I only saw it once - I'm usually in the Shed! But I swear it was there once!  And a real ale stand a few times.   Though my memory is hazy (due to pre match beer usually!)

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Its a bit of a trip, im in Eastbourne, but there's some decent boozers in Southsea as well- ive been over to Victorious a couple of times and back when hotels werent ridiculously expensive for the weekend, it was a good budget fest even ignoring half the lineup's indie landfill 😄 i remember a really good ale pub with a variety of different flavoured pickled eggs 

#snackchat

I’m curious about these pickled eggs…