A history of eFestivals

What I don’t understand is why some of the group that left the community feel the need to keep coming back and stir up sh*t all the time- get a life!

As to the accuracy of it it might be largely accurate but it is only a fraction of the “whole truth”. 

Judging from the way individuals keep coming back to cause trouble it probably was them that made these forums unusable due to constant trolling and spamming. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tarw said:

What I don’t understand is why some of the group that left the community feel the need to keep coming back and stir up sh*t all the time- get a life!

As to the accuracy of it it might be largely accurate but it is only a fraction of the “whole truth”. 

Judging from the way individuals keep coming back to cause trouble it probably was them that made these forums unusable due to constant trolling and spamming. 

So, not wanting to start a long discussion about this, but I am both on *THE OTHER PLACE* and here.  The general view in *THE OTHER PLACE* about this is that it's a bit of unneccesary pot-stirring and definitely not in the spirit of peaceful co-existence, which is the goal.  

33 minutes ago, tarw said:

There was a period around the same time when they had a group chat going on Messenger that they kept trying to add me to against my will, which at one point turned into them talking about my partner who isn’t on these forums. Just a bunch of sad bellends really and certainly not missed around these parts although the likes of dentalplan being caught in the crossfire is a shame. 

7 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

There was a period around the same time when they had a group chat going on Messenger that they kept trying to add me to against my will, which at one point turned into them talking about my partner who isn’t on these forums. Just a bunch of sad bellends really and certainly not missed around these parts although the likes of dentalplan being caught in the crossfire is a shame. 

that messenger chat was gold, never seen some people run as fast  as when i said i had transcripts.

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, tarw said:

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The author of this post has clearly stated they’ve been on Efests since 2014, 9 years before the Disco Rd existed. They are on Efests, the Disco Rd and Reddit, they’ve clearly stated they enjoying using all of them.

They are as much a member and representative of Efests as they are Reddit or Disco Rd, this is no more a reflection of the founding members of Disco Rd, or even your average member, or one who has signed up yesterday to discuss the lineup who hasn’t got a clue how it came about, than it is a reflection of either of you.

7 hours ago, yolo420blazedeeznuts said:

Enjoy. Happy to take any corrections on board. 

Neil's always been more than capable of fighting his battles, but I think firstly it's extraordinary for you to post it here, I'm surprised at the owner's generosity in letting it stay but particularly what is your extraordinary obsession with CF? 

He's spent a phenomenal amount of time and energy helping others do what he does - have a bloody great time at the festival and yet from where I sit you've performed a dodgy hatchet job which will clearly make him feel sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Harry3 said:

Pretty cheeky posting it here but I missed all of this and it was very informative, so thanks I guess

I too missed quite a bit of this, must have been too busy with the covid thread at the time, does help to explain a few things though, was wondering why the sudden use of transgender flags by some users, it is clearly a response to Neil's "transphobia", must admit I've not seen much evidence of it but then I'm not as sensitive as some on here. As for it being a history of efests, it really isn't, there have been dramas and fallings out several times over the years with regular posters going after a disagreement. Neil has an abrasive manner at times you either accept it or go elsewhere, ( I have certainly had arguments with him at times),  those who have chosen to leave do not need to come back and bitch about it, move on.

On 5/31/2023 at 2:00 PM, fraybentos1 said:

a sizeable chunk of it is true, what i don't get is who could be arsed writing it 

^^ this. 
I could have done without wasting 40 mins reading it and the comments on here and on Disco Road. 

Also wasn’t too sure what Workers Beer Co had to do with it all 😂😂

I guess that I'm fortunate on two counts.

(1) The first count is that I missed nearly all of the most recent furore - to the point of not being able to understand it, as it had taken place, and I wasn't in a position to go back and read everything to get clarity.

(2) The second is the most important count. At some point in 2011 I had seriously had enough of life and made quite a concerted effort to end it. I was found, dealt with by medics, and taken to the psychiatric unit at the QE Hospital in Birmingham. I eventually got over that period, but still felt lost. I had been single and living on my own for 6 years at that point. I was also drinking like a bastard every night on my own - my work allowed me to get away with this this. I was in a terrible, downward spiral.

And then in September (I think it was) 2011 a friend mentioned the efestivals site. I was bored one night, and so came onto it. It allowed me to say what I wanted, it gave me freedom, and in a way it gave me friendship.

I'd be dead now (for sure) if I hadn't found this site. You may think that an exaggeration. I don't. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

All you have to do is show support for a SNP candidate to trigger the transphobia mob 😛   doesn't take much more 😛 

it doesn't take anything at all as they trigger themselves by adding parts that aren't there to outrage themselves.

Ok so just a little clarity needed around the paragraph relating to me . At no point did I say I would camp outside the Eavis front door … and at no point was there a thread from me begging . However I did ask people for suggestions and ideas how to get to the festival of which one was a Christmas card which I wrote following failure in the October sale . The resale team was setup in Nov by myself and vintagelaureatte and was open to all members of efest right up untill a week or so before the eventual covid delayed sale . I had many offers of help and I really appreciated those , however any help that was offered In the weeks running up to the festival was put into a hat and drawn by myself . My name wasn’t in that hat … it was all the people on the spreadsheet . There was nothing to stop anyone joining us and we actively encouraged people . Through covid times we kept the topic as front and centre as we were able and this helped us generate the help that got us a huge success rate of 98% , through covid things were tough for me like many , I lived on my own in a 1 bed flat and so my active engagement was trying to be as positive as I was able through this very site . If anyone felt that it was all about me I apologise and the members of our spreadsheet would back me up on that , yep I was vocal and headed things . The article at no point contacted any of the people within it to ascertain it’s correctness or not . I’m not perfect and I like to think I help people . Sadly not the author but hopefully whoever it is made it to the festival and had a cracking time . Life’s way to short to be bitter , I’d like to hope they move on just like this site has under its new owner . 

edit .oh and i left the other site because I much prefer this format .... my discussion with an admin clinched that decision as im not about arguing with people , so thought it best I focus on this site .... oh also efests isn't on its last legs just saying  🙂 

thanks Alex 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

53 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ok so just a little clarity needed around the paragraph relating to me . At no point did I say I would camp outside the Eavis front door … and at no point was there a thread from me begging . However I did ask people for suggestions and ideas how to get to the festival of which one was a Christmas card which I wrote following failure in the October sale . The resale team was setup in Nov by myself and vintagelaureatte and was open to all members of efest right up untill a week or so before the eventual covid delayed sale . I had many offers of help and I really appreciated those , however any help that was offered In the weeks running up to the festival was put into a hat and drawn by myself . My name wasn’t in that hat … it was all the people on the spreadsheet . There was nothing to stop anyone joining us and we actively encouraged people . Through covid times we kept the topic as front and centre as we were able and this helped us generate the help that got us a huge success rate of 98% , through covid things were tough for me like many , I lived on my own in a 1 bed flat and so my active engagement was trying to be as positive as I was able through this very site . If anyone felt that it was all about me I apologise and the members of our spreadsheet would back me up on that , yep I was vocal and headed things . The article at no point contacted any of the people within it to ascertain it’s correctness or not . I’m not perfect and I like to think I help people . Sadly not the author but hopefully whoever it is made it to the festival and had a cracking time . Life’s way to short to be bitter , I’d like to hope they move on just like this site has under its new owner . 

thanks Alex 

A fine explanation. I have run out of upvotes. Keep on being you. 😊

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

First time I've clicked into this thread.

On 6/1/2023 at 12:11 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

What a load of old bollocks.

Having got the gist after a few posts was thinking of posting similar.

On 5/31/2023 at 4:26 PM, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

What kind of bellend doesn't use old.reddit for their links?

Yeah. f**k that bollocks as well. Very selective this new obscene language filter isn't it.

Edit: Definitely used a capital F in the word "f**k" there as well. It being the word starting the sentence and all that. I know that because this is the second edit.

Edited by MrZigster

On 6/19/2023 at 5:21 PM, Jackmypie said:

Coming back here gives me nostalgia. Used to frequent these boards, mainly Glastonbury from 2009-2017, haven’t visited much since then really. 

I remember you. 

On 6/19/2023 at 5:21 PM, Jackmypie said:

What’s happening? 

Dunno!

I hope that you are happy and well. 😊