Missing from the final line up

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

On a related note the lack of Sam Ryder is a shame. Would’ve pulled a very decent crowd lower down the bill. 

Yeah he would have been fun somewhere in the mix.

Edited by Beerqueen

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Paolo Nutini’s absence is baffling. Surely the Rabbit Hole gig last year won’t be his only appearance before he disappears into the mist again for another decade. 

Jessie Ware an absentee which makes more sense after a big slot last year but still disappointing. 

Paramore missing too although that was always an optimistic shout. 

Others pop people missing that spring to mind are Sam Smith, Jess Glynne and Ellie Goulding, although how much any of those will be missed is debatable. 

Did think Romy would get a spot on the Park - she’s doing two slots on tiny stages though so doesn’t technically count. 

Really surprised Paolo wasn’t  announced, normally par for the course after a secret set?

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare2 said:

Really surprised Paolo wasn’t  announced, normally par for the course after a secret set?

Yeah weird one considering he used to be a shoe in for a slot on the main stages prior to his extended break. Still technically got gaps in his diary on the Friday and Sunday but wouldn’t make much sense for him to be a TBC two years in a row. 

6 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Yeah weird one considering he used to be a shoe in for a slot on the main stages prior to his extended break. Still technically got gaps in his diary on the Friday and Sunday but wouldn’t make much sense for him to be a TBC two years in a row. 

No… shame as he is great live 

Said it a few times now but Denzel Curry. Playing Outbreak Sunday with Earl Sweatshirt who is at Glasto. Baffling omission along with a few other rappers at the same fest. 

Been off the cards a while now but Bon Iver skipping it is a bit weird too. His Euro tour support act is there but not him. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Bad Bunny, PHM, Frank Ocean, Gorillaz, Blink 182, Jai Paul, Blackpink, Rosalia, Boygenius,  Bjork, Labrinth. I sense a pattern here, wonder what it could be. 🤔

You repeating yourself doesn’t make a pattern. 

8 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Alvvays. Don’t see how they aren’t playing with that gap.

Alvvays are signed to Transgressive Records, who have a number of anonymous slots at the Rabbit Hole as part of a 'Transgressive Takeover'. That said, I suspect they're too big for that slot.

1 minute ago, FrankieX said:

Alvvays are signed to Transgressive Records, who have a number of anonymous slots at the Rabbit Hole as part of a 'Transgressive Takeover'. That said, I suspect they're too big for that slot.

Oooh. I'd really been hoping for them. They were ace in JPT a few years ago. 

Ben

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Bad Bunny, PHM, Frank Ocean, Gorillaz, Blink 182, Jai Paul, Blackpink, Rosalia, Boygenius,  Bjork, Labrinth. I sense a pattern here, wonder what it could be. 🤔

I haven't done a deep dive on all of these, but I did buy tickets for boygenius later in the year because I know they're playing in the US over glasto weekend so they wouldn't be there.

More for the wife's sake than mine but had been expecting at least some of Hozier, Paolo Nutini, Sam Ryder and Jack Johnson to be there. 

I haven't been keeping an eye on dates to know if any of these are likely but had personally been hoping for at least one of Big Thief, Oliver Sim, The Smile, Alvvays and Jai Paul.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Ocean Colour Scene 

I was convinced they would be there this year, its been a seriously long time since they have placed now and under Alan Mcgee' management they seem to have got some decent spots at other festivals. 

I was expecting to see Father John Misty on the lineup somewhere, when he didnt appear on the Park lineup and following his 'songs of Scott Walker' project with the BBC symphony orchestra, I thought he might even get a Pyramid slot.

I was expecting Death Grips on the Truth stage too.