The churnups

a6l6e6x

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Funny watching people definitely staying who it is and getting arsey with others when we don’t actually know who it is

Mad, isn’t it? I want it to be Pulp, but I’m not gonna state it as fact that it is cos this is something I really don’t want to be wrong about!

There’s enough supporting anecdotes either way for Foo Fighters and Pulp and the reports of Foos having a hotel booked in Bristol. If they end up in one of the Woodsies or Park TBAs they wouldn’t be the first stadium band to do either. Yes, this is their comeback after losing Taylor Hawkins but they’ve never really gone away, unlike Pulp who’ve also lost a member in Steve Mackey.

Out of Jarvis and Dave I’d say Jarvis has more of an affinity with Glastonbury, and a Pulp gig ought to be more of an occasion than a Foos one cos of the gaps, not sure that means owt though..

I went to my parents yesterday. My dad said "I saw there is a made up band on at Glastonbury. The Churnups? That's obviously a mix of people, you can tell by the name. They'd have called them the mix ups, but it's on a Dairy Farm so its a Farm Pun"

That's the view of someone who isnt really looking too deep into it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbf, I think @JoeyT is pretty confident in his Foos booked in nearby hotel info and perhaps has more solid info than that which is why there are a few people going all in on it being them. 

Not that that’s gonna stop all the speculation in the lead up and I’m sure more names will start getting thrown about in the meantime. 

Oh I’m not doubting some of the info, but I can the reliable info we have proves nothing. I know who I’d like it to be and I know who I think it is and in fact I’m probably just going to Chvrches but I’d only be speculating, not stating anything as cast iron fact.

My money is on some kind of supergroup lead by grohl that isnt foo fighters as such.

based on nothing but a hunch / the likely options

pulp should still be one of the woodsies tba’s, you’d think. Talk of amazons or DMA’s for those is ridiculous to me as if it was, they’d just be billed.

25 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I went to my parents yesterday. My dad said "I saw there is a made up band on at Glastonbury. The Churnups? That's obviously a mix of people, you can tell by the name. They'd have called them the mix ups, but it's on a Dairy Farm so its a Farm Pun"

Your dad sounds wise.  It's definitely a mix up of bands, a new supergroup... 

McBustedFighters?

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

My money is on some kind of supergroup lead by grohl that isnt foo fighters as such.

based on nothing but a hunch / the likely options

pulp should still be one of the woodsies tba’s, you’d think. Talk of amazons or DMA’s for those is ridiculous to me as if it was, they’d just be billed.

The Amazons are supposedly on BBC Introducing

52 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's all of the bands mentioned in this thread rolled into one.

55 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

But does he know who Stormzy is?