The churnups

a6l6e6x

8 minutes ago, squareheadz said:

Pulp have two songs anyone under the age of 40 would know and they came out 25 years ago.

Haha, I quizzed my kids last night. They don't know any Pulp songs and even when given names, Common people and Disco 2000, they had no idea, just an mmm, maybe???

Both said, who's the biggest, Oasis or Blur. The answer is Pulp.

That's the extent of their knowledge and I'd like to think they're up on things (both have attended gfl since birth).

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I know you like to bash on Foos at any given opportunity, but as far as song count that the average punter would know, they’ve got Pulp beaten by a wide margin. Outside of Common People and Disco 2000, Pulp are lacking in songs that have become radio staples to the masses. 

Yes, I am just putting the boot into thr Foo Fighters for being incapable of writing anything even remotely memorable.

That said, I do seem to hear Babies by Pulp all the time.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know you like to bash on Foos at any given opportunity, but as far as song count that the average punter would know, they’ve got Pulp beaten by a wide margin. Outside of Common People and Disco 2000, Pulp are lacking in songs that have become radio staples to the masses. 

Pulp are far better, but foos are incomparably more popular

4 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

It’s the Foo Fighters. Fact.

For the record though, I'm not fussed either way.My prediction is based on who I think it will be. Lots are predicting either one because that's who they want it to be. Trying to support the argument with Spotify streams is largely irrelevant. 

I'll be there for the big reveal. Until Billy Banjo and the Boys walk out and launch into "I Will Wait". 

48 minutes ago, squareheadz said:

Pulp have two songs anyone under the age of 40 would know and they came out 25 years ago.

What absolute nonsense.  Anyone who listens to 6music, Absolute or Radio X, whether below the age of 40 or not, will know tons.  For the record, i'm below 40 and own 5 Pulp albums and easily class them as my favourite 90s band.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Pulp are far better, but foos are incomparably more popular

sorry mate gonna have to show you the door, no common sense allowed in this thread

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GrumpyRaver said:

What absolute nonsense.  Anyone who listens to 6music, Absolute or Radio X, whether below the age of 40 or not, will know tons.  For the record, i'm below 40 and own 5 Pulp albums and easily class them as my favourite 90s band.

I think he has a point, that if you go out of those radio stations and just to the mainstream commercial ones and Radio 2, it's just Common People and Disco 2000.

But what he's missing is that those same stations just don't ever play Foo Fighters at all.

Love how there’s a few different conversations on this thread just going round in circles: It’s definitely Pulp, it’s definitely foos, Pulp are better than blur or oasis, foos are better known than Pulp.

It’s all good fun but it’s a shame most are wasting their time because it’s 100% fact that it’s Pulp.

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

Utter poppycock

I am under the age of 40 and only know the names of 2 Pulp songs (Common People, Disco 2000) - I know others by sound and can't stand any of what I've heard. For some reason I've never gotten on with them. Don't understand why they're so popular.

But each to they're own. If they're the Churnups, at least I get to go and get off my tits in peace to the Comet is Coming whilst half the people are down at El Pointo.

47 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For the record though, I'm not fussed either way.My prediction is based on who I think it will be. Lots are predicting either one because that's who they want it to be. Trying to support the argument with Spotify streams is largely irrelevant. 

I'll be there for the big reveal. Until Billy Banjo and the Boys walk out and launch into "I Will Wait". 

IMG_0173.thumb.jpeg.1c41e93759287dbd827527d921f2e986.jpeg

on the pyramid, it’s a sign😉

2 hours ago, squareheadz said:

My niece is 15 and thought it was soooo cool that I had seen them and knew more than 2 Pulp songs and she has had a fairly sheltered upbringing with parents who didn't really know Pulp as evidenced by my brother saying I think I've heard of The Pulp.

The x artist has 2 songs anyone knows never ends in anything but a quarrel, because nobody ever resigns to agree.

I'm 21 and know loads, reckon of my mates some can definitely name heaps, we're talking about doing Finsbury - but the ones who can't name loads would struggle past Common People and some might not get Disco 2000 i think

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

The x artist has 2 songs anyone knows never ends in anything but a quarrel, because nobody ever resigns to agree.

I'm 21 and know loads, reckon of my mates some can definitely name heaps, we're talking about doing Finsbury - but the ones who can't name loads would struggle past Common People and some might not get Disco 2000 i think

Absolutely but I was actually amazed that my niece did know them. It's certainly not from her parents so I can only think the 90's tv revival is also extending to 90's music. In fairness when I was her age I had gone through a huge The Doors phase and was probably listening to more music from the 60's than from my own era.

Just now, gigpusher said:

Absolutely but I was actually amazed that my niece did know them. It's certainly not from her parents so I can only think the 90's tv revival is also extending to 90's music. In fairness when I was her age I had gone through a huge The Doors phase and was probably listening to more music from the 60's than from my own era.

Not really the same thing given that the 60s were ages back but the 1990s were a mere blip ago.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not really the same thing given that the 60s were ages back but the 1990s were a mere blip ago.

Yep but I am 30 years older than her so 30 years ago being into the 60's is exactly the same as her being into the 90's now. Sorry if that makes you feel old but in fairness it made me feel old as well 😄