Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

On 3/3/2023 at 1:51 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

"Nothing there for the kids but who's Wizkid never heard of him" vibez

I've honestly never heard of Wizkid, my brain has been doing somersaults working out how he / she / they is headliner Other Stage 🤣

Not a criticism, just a sign I'm getting old. And there are loads of new acts that I would have thought would appeal to the 20s crowd that I've heard of and excited about (Raye / Rina Sawayama / Nova Twins among them).

7 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Doesn't help that the Sunday Legend - which often gets touted as a "fourth headliner" is also in the white / male / dude category either.

Think that’s why Emily is trying a bit of a fudge with Blondie

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Have Blondie been listed as anything special in any of the press releases or is that still just something that came from the original info we got?

It appeared in the BBC report here but nowhere else yet  _ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64827413

Edited by Fingerbobs

On 3/3/2023 at 5:50 PM, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Talking of Swedes, there's a worrying lack of The Hives and/or ladders on the poster.

I thought the Hives would play for sure considering AM headlining and they’re supporting them on tour. Really hoping they’re on the next announcement as they’re such a good live band!!

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2023 at 11:02 AM, circus92 said:

Just catching up and really surprised at the negativity!

I am absolutely loving this so far - loads of acts I really want to see ... and much more to come.

1 Pyramid headliner (Elton) - that's all you really need and a really strong undercard.

Really like the poster design this year as well

... and they only went and booked Jeppo!  Seen a lot of acts in the last year and she was probably the best fun of the lot, so the thought of an hour of CRJ bangers at Glasto has me buzzing 😁

In ten years time they'll be raving about the line-up, loads of new bands there, people just get old and staid with musical tastes, happens to the best of us. Majority of my friends just listen to 90's radio stations now, hate all new music 😞 Told them to get a grip ha ha

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Missrenegade said:

I thought the Hives would play for sure considering AM headlining and they’re supporting them on tour. Really hoping they’re on the next announcement as they’re such a good live band!!

Are The Hives supporting AM? Jesus, they’ll blow the main act out of the water! Chalk and cheese performance wise.

• Like 1

Just now, Neil said:

using the oasis version of hype, telling the audience that they're fantastic.

I saw them last year at Bearded and hated their whole "look at us" approach. I left after a few numbers feeling a burning sense of anger.

36 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

hate their whole "look at us" approach. I left after a few numbers feeling a burning sense of anger.

i'm not a fan tho they don't make me angry, just thought it was all a bit transparent.

8 hours ago, Brendan110_00 said:

In ten years time they'll be raving about the line-up, loads of new bands there, people just get old and staid with musical tastes, happens to the best of us. Majority of my friends just listen to 90's radio stations now, hate all new music 😞 Told them to get a grip ha ha

Exactly so- same last year with people who don't follow new music moaning that the same old dinosaurs aren't playing again and again...

So is Cat/Yusef Stevens actually the legends slot?

I'm really worried of making myself look a fool here but you don't learn if you don't ask.... So, who is that? I feel like it's a name I know, but honestly I can't say I know any of their songs off the top of my head. I just listened to their most viewed track on YouTube and I can safely say I've never heard it in my life before. Have I seriously somehow never heard music by an actual legend, or is this generally seen as a very weak choice of legend?

21 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Have I seriously somehow never heard music by an actual legend, or is this generally seen as a very weak choice of legend?

Sorry - but the answer to that is a resounding YES. He is an absolute bona fide legend and has some of the most recognisable and iconic songs of all time. For many years we thought he would never return to contemporary music. If you haven't seen him before (which I'm assuming you haven't as you haven't heard his music) then I assure you he is an absolute MUST. I don't wish this to appear rude (I'm sure it will do) but this is like the comments when Neil Young and Springsteen played claiming they couldn't be famous because they didn't know them. He is up there with Dylan, CSNY, Joni, Cohen.

Edited by Pipkins2

21 minutes ago, Pipkins2 said:

Sorry - but the answer to that is a resounding YES. He is an absolute bona fide legend and has some of the most recognisable and iconic songs of all time. For many years we thought he would never return to contemporary music. If you haven't seen him before (which I'm assuming you haven't as you haven't heard his music) then I assure you he is an absolute MUST. I don't wish this to appear rude (I'm sure it will do) but this is like the comments when Neil Young and Springsteen played claiming they couldn't be famous because they didn't know them. He is up there with Dylan, CSNY, Joni, Cohen.

However the Cat's hardly going to get the crowd up and dancing in the same way that legends such as Lionel Richie and Barry Gibb did. Some old bloke in his 70's croaking out 'Morning Has Broken' on an acoustic guitar ain't quite the same as Dolly and her band belting out '9 To 5'. 

Love the lineup, some really strong names on there I think.

Have avoided this side of the forums since being unsuccessful on ticket day. Hope everyone with tickets are happy with the lineup, and say a prayer for those of us who are ticketless come April time!

On 3/4/2023 at 5:21 PM, ICGenie said:

I've honestly never heard of Wizkid, my brain has been doing somersaults working out how he / she / they is headliner Other Stage 🤣

Not a criticism, just a sign I'm getting old. And there are loads of new acts that I would have thought would appeal to the 20s crowd that I've heard of and excited about (Raye / Rina Sawayama / Nova Twins among them).

Doing Tottenham Stadium

those acts you said do appeal, just aren't nearly as big - wizkid has been around a while anyway whereas those are properly new

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

So is Cat/Yusef Stevens actually the legends slot?

I'm really worried of making myself look a fool here but you don't learn if you don't ask.... So, who is that? I feel like it's a name I know, but honestly I can't say I know any of their songs off the top of my head. I just listened to their most viewed track on YouTube and I can safely say I've never heard it in my life before. Have I seriously somehow never heard music by an actual legend, or is this generally seen as a very weak choice of legend?

I'd be genuinely shocked if there was anyone at the festival that didn't at least recognise both Wild World and Father & Son. If only because they've each been covered a million times.

Edited by incident

For me, admittedly a ‘bucket hat/dark fruits’ stereotype, an alarming lack of indie guitar bands on lineup but hopeful for adds.

Give me a few of Pulp, Ashcroft, Black Keys, DMAs, Liam, Vaccines, Johnny Marr, Courteeners, etc to go along with Arctics & Manics and will be set.

First Glasto, from America and who knows when next time will be so looking forward to the next poster drop!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TravSC said:

For me, admittedly a ‘bucket hat/dark fruits’ stereotype, an alarming lack of indie guitar bands on lineup but hopeful for adds.

Give me a few of Pulp, Ashcroft, Black Keys, DMAs, Liam, Vaccines, Johnny Marr, Courteeners, etc to go along with Arctics & Manics and will be set.

First Glasto, from America and who knows when next time will be so looking forward to the next poster drop!

Agree, would love some more bucket hat indie haha

Prime targets to be left out when going for 50/50 and not old white men vibes, will certainly be plenty added to fill the Other stage 🙂 think DMAs have a glasto hole at the moment and several of those are defo due back (vaccines for one).

• Like 1