Blur

jannybruck

51 minutes ago, briddj said:

Seems unlikely with Damon signing off with "I don't know when we'll see each other again".

6 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

Have to wait and see.

Personally don't think they'll ever play Glastonbury again. I think there is a case of others maybe needing that bump or know they won't sell the tickets the likes of Blur can. I honestly didn't think Blur could do Wembley twice but 8 years is a fair gap.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

Personally don't think they'll ever play Glastonbury again. I think there is a case of others maybe needing that bump or know they won't sell the tickets the likes of Blur can. I honestly didn't think Blur could do Wembley twice but 8 years is a fair gap.

Maybe a 20th anniversary of the 2009 show in six years’ time? If not that, I think they stick with that one as the perfect Sunday headline set.

My youngest daughter (15 at the time) got her choice that night as myself and my eldest daughter (18) were off to Hyde Park to see Blur the following week...

We went to Black Eyed Peas at West Holts... "Hello London.." ☹️

This is the first time I have watched this set..

12 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

My youngest daughter (15 at the time) got her choice that night as myself and my eldest daughter (18) were off to Hyde Park to see Blur the following week...

We went to Black Eyed Peas at West Holts... "Hello London.." ☹️

This is the first time I have watched this set..

Ha, my wife and I did the same (her choice), to be fair we had a great spot and a good dance so it wasn't too bad (apart from the Jacko tribute mid-way through), we enjoyed it.

Just catching the Blur Glastonbury highlights prog on self record from last night

F*** me that was a good set wasn't it

And especially coming off the back of Springsteen and Young on the previous nights

Not many years I've done all three Pyramid headliners 

• Like 1

Always hopefully look out for my 17 year old self when watching back but never manage to find myself.

Easily the closest I ever got to the stage for a Pointo headliner, probably 3 or 4 deep and central - no view of sausages, just the boys and Daniels when he ran on stage. The thought of being that tightly packed gives me anxiety these days

9 hours ago, airwaves said:

Just catching the Blur Glastonbury highlights prog on self record from last night

F*** me that was a good set wasn't it

And especially coming off the back of Springsteen and Young on the previous nights

Not many years I've done all three Pyramid headliners 

Think that was my only full house as well! 

• Upvote 1

Gorillaz were supposed to play 4 smallish stadiums in the US in autumn but the gigs have been cancelled. Presumably due to sales. Fair enough, as they did an arena tour last autumn. It was presumably worth them testing out demand. The second night at Wembley looked like a stretch too far for Blur, but they seemed to mostly fill it one way or another? Whoever books Damon live shows maybe got a bit carried away. 🙂

I could see Blur considering more festival dates for 2024. And gorillaz played this year's coachella as a one off 2023 date, supporting Bad Bunny, apparently at his request. But you'd have to think Blur returning to the Pyramid ever again would carry major risk...

Edited by Johndenis