Blur

jannybruck

19 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Margate would be my guess

13 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

They did Margate Winter Gardens last time and it was excellent 🙂 Would love it if they did that again.

Winter Gardens is currently closed as the operator went bust and the council are currently seeking new operator/owner. 

That leaves Dreamland which is a good possibility having previously hosted Gorillaz Demon Days event and many other top artists in recent years. 

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

More likely they'll swerve London if they're doing their big gig there.

In the past they've done warm ups in places like Lincoln and Blackpool, so I'd expect somewhere a little more random.

Yeah, I saw them at a ridiculously tiny place in Wolverhampton before they did Hyde Park one year. Best gig I've ever been to.

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Winter Gardens is currently closed as the operator went bust and the council are currently seeking new operator/owner. 

That leaves Dreamland which is a good possibility having previously hosted Gorillaz Demon Days event and many other top artists in recent years. 

They can play Cambridge then instead which makes it far easier for me to get to 😄 To be fair, Gorillaz did a warm up gig here once so you never know.

Edited by cdm22
  • Upvote 1

I did Wolves Civic Hall on Super Saturday in 2012. Collected tickets outside that were about £30 I think. Stood about second row back. I cant imagine I'll beat that.

On the secret set issue, the trouble with the Park is no screens and weak sound. I don't mind not being close, but as with Wet Leg, no point if all you can hear is people talking. 

If "secret set" gets them around the legal issue of this being their "only UK show" then no reason the secret set has to be at The Park rather than The Pyramid. The rest is just down to how the festival want to do it.

£150 for golden circle doesn't strike me as too bad to be honest, it's the £80 for the worst seats in the house in a damn stadium that's a rip off.

Just now, DeanoL said:

£150 for golden circle doesn't strike me as too bad to be honest

See to me that's an insane comment, and the fact these sorts of prices are being accepted as ok is a major part of the problem.

Love Blur, they're one of my favourite bands going back to being a kid, but this is ridiculous. No justification for it other than pure greed. 

Mad to think in 2017 that Damon did a Gorillaz gig with all of the special guests etc at Brixton Academy for a fiver.

• Upvote 2

How much does Wembley hold, 60,000? Averaging out at £100 a ticket, that's £6m. Even if taking into account logistics, paying support acts etc and the band only see a fraction of that, its still hundreds of thousands of pounds each for a couple of hours work. Before factoring in merchandise sales etc which would boost that massively. 

Just sad to see the music world becoming the same as every other, making as much £££ in as short of a time frame as possible, fuck the fans. 

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

How much does Wembley hold, 60,000? Averaging out at £100 a ticket, that's £6m. Even if taking into account logistics, paying support acts etc and the band only see a fraction of that, its still hundreds of thousands of pounds each for a couple of hours work. Before factoring in merchandise sales etc which would boost that massively. 

Just sad to see the music world becoming the same as every other, making as much £££ in as short of a time frame as possible, fuck the fans. 

Wembley is about 90k when full.

Caveat all the below with - I do think it's expensive, was disappointed by the prices and golden circles can fuck off...

But I mean you need to compare like for like prices. I looked back and GNR standing outside golden circle was £101 at Tottenham Stadium when tix went on sale in Dec 2019. This is a stadium gig (premium), 2 well known and well liked supports (premium), they have also been transparent in the pricing list with the fees which isn't always the case. 

Shows cost money to put on. They will not be unaffected by rises in fuel and labour costs. Lots of people need to get paid. We are constantly told how artists are basically only making money from touring but some of them even need to cancel tours because it's become unaffordable to put them on.

And you can't compare Brixton, it's a much cheaper venue to perform in. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I suspect they would be rehearsing for a week or 2 at least so it won't be a couple of hours work. I think there is a fine balance that needs to be struck between realising that music needs to be paid for and that these shows cost a lot to put on. It's not just the bands there's an army of people making a living out of this. I like that they have released pricing before the sale. I personally would just like to see some cheaper pricing included so we don't start pricing people out of big gigs. 

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

I am sure I'm not the only one that thinks £14 a ticket for booking fees is absolute fuckery/daylight robbery?

£87 FV is also steep but the booking fees they charge nowadays are ludicrous

I'd rather not see the booking fee, just a flat rate so I can't see precisely who is ripping me off.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, briddj said:

Ridiculous pricing, stupid gold circle, poor support (for me personally). Sadly, I'm out!

Absolutely word for word this 😁 would like to, never seen em somehow, but wembley is shite and the gold circle nonsense is bollocks. Anyone who does that should be ignored. I'll wait til glastonbury 2024 then 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'd rather not see the booking fee, just a flat rate so I can't see precisely who is ripping me off.

agreed

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Particularly as there's no such thing as a physical ticket, post & packaging anymore

hit the nail on the head there! literally have to do no work short of emailing a shitload of people QR codes. If they sold 60k tickets at £14 a booking fee thats £840k 😐