Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Saturday night? John Peel tent? Ooooosh. That's going to take something special to miss

i fi nd that hard  to believe as i know that orbital once kicked off so they weren't playing a tent at gladto.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

i fi nd that hard  to believe as i know that orbital once kicked off so they weren't playing a tent at gladto.

Interesting. Not sure they carry that kind of influence to be so selective these days. If they don't wanna fill it, there's a dozen others who'll gladly snap it up. If it happens I think it'll be great

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting. Not sure they carry that kind of influence to be so selective these days. If they don't wanna fill it, there's a dozen others who'll gladly snap it up. If it happens I think it'll be great

agreed. i'd be there and no doubt others

they were supposedly were meant to be in SH at one point so JP is a step above sonic anyway.

one thing to note is they don't actually have any festival dates right now as raised to me by @Gucci Piggy .. unless they announce something soon (Latitude needs a second stage headliner still and thats coming tomorrow) then i just can't see it

6 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Bill Bailey played the theatre field on a stage at the bottom of the hill one year. I'm convinced that it was the Sunday after the headliners had finished. Does anyone else remember? There must be someone with better recall than me. It was definitely pissing down. '07 or '11 I think. "Put the umbrellas down", was the chant of the evening as they wrecked the view of anyone behind them.

Really hoped they were going to continue with that idea.

(It would be a good spot for Jonathan Pie for instance. Astrolabe's way too small for him).

2004, on the Dance and Fire Stage, which later became Blazing Saddles.

Muse were on the Pyramid Stage at the same time. It was raining, but I wouldn't go as far as to say pissing down.

9 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Bill Bailey played the theatre field on a stage at the bottom of the hill one year. I'm convinced that it was the Sunday after the headliners had finished. Does anyone else remember? There must be someone with better recall than me. It was definitely pissing down. '07 or '11 I think. "Put the umbrellas down", was the chant of the evening as they wrecked the view of anyone behind them.

Your memory will be better than mine!

Well, today may be the day to have GNR ticked off.

9 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Really hoped they were going to continue with that idea.

(It would be a good spot for Jonathan Pie for instance. Astrolabe's way too small for him).

I remember that. Yes, it was after the Sunday headliners, it was raining loads, Bill came on at about midnight and he was brilliant! It's become one of my favourite ever sets at Glastonbury or any other festival. I remember him drinking a cider someone gave him and laughing as he said he could see all these eyes staring at him from underneath umbrellas. Said we all looked like garden gnomes! I had a great time! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, stuie said:

Isn’t it! Why are the discord people coming here to say how good their info is??

because they're desperate for efests to list it, even going so far as to set up twitter accounts and try to con some people.

33 minutes ago, Chef said:

Maybe I'm showing my age here but what is 'The Discord' and what information has been shared there? 

Discord is a social media app where a forum of sorts has been set up for all the members who no longer post here due to reasons. Includes quite a few who are 'in the know' so a sizeable chunk of good intel is discussed at length alongside the usual rumours, wishlists etc. Slightly different format which is quite enjoyable even if you come back at the end of the day to 1000s unread posts. 

• Thanks 1