Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

At the airport this week picked up an international version of the NYT. Bad bunny full spread. Made me chuckle, but it was actually about how culturally important they are for the US re non English language music. 

Bad Bunny Full Spread does sound like the natural successor to potted dog, but that horrendous joke aside, can concur there. It's terrific to see the growth of non-English language music in predominantly English-speaking demographics.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Well its not like theyve got something cooking that nobody is expecting. 

Thanks for popping by to have another unfounded dig at our festival. 

We know Coachella rules the world bro.

23 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Deliberate.  Guess he thought it was cool/clever back in the early 80's.  In fairness, trying to imagine the peer group back then, it was probably deemed so.

I was very nearly called Axl, until someone pointed out why he uses the name. Shame really, naming a baby after oral sex would have been hilarious 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gazzared said:

yeah it looks it now but 32 years ago when I was 16 it seemed like a great video haha

I'm sure that some will be sniffy about their humour, but ever since I saw the French and Saunders parody I could never unsee it if a clip of the vid was on. 

23 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm sure that some will be sniffy about their humour, but ever since I saw the French and Saunders parody I could never unsee it if a clip of the vid was on. 

Haha I'm try and watch it but can't stand French and Saunders, same as Lenny Henry. Only funny comedy I can remember as a kid was the two Ronnie's , open all hours, faulty towers , only fools and horses, red dwarf and black adder. Everything else was shite . My parents didn't let me watch spitting image or the young ones🤣

Edited by gazzared
Additional

2 hours ago, gazzared said:

Haha I'm try and watch it but can't stand French and Saunders, same as Lenny Henry. Only funny comedy I can remember as a kid was the two Ronnie's , open all hours, faulty towers , only fools and horses, red dwarf and black adder. Everything else was shite . My parents didn't let me watch spitting image or the young ones🤣

Fun fact. Naylor said in an interview that they originally had Alan Rickman and Alfred Molina in talks to be Lister and Rimmer respectively.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Fun fact. Naylor said in an interview that they originally had Alan Rickman and Alfred Molina in talks to be Lister and Rimmer respectively.

No fucking way.  For real?

3 hours ago, gazzared said:

Only those 6 things? 

You poor deprived soul! 

Even as a kid I enjoyed most of those but also Billy Connolly, Barry Humphries, Spike Milligan, Monty Python, Victoria Wood, Porridge, Soap, Agony, probably dozens more tbh and that's grown much more as I've got older. 

I suspect I watch more comedy than many on here who are more attuned musically.