Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

56 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Pre 2019 festival Emily was very committed to having 50% of female acts, she mentioned it several times in interviews. It would be surprising if one headliner isn’t female. Dua is an obvious choice but who knows what is planned. 

It’s 50% of acts over the festival though right? 

Dua or Taylor would have made this years trio pretty balanced, but if they’re not available then what can you do?

There’ll be plenty of females headlining other stages and in prominent slots. 

Edited by nikkic
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Dua or Taylor would have made this years trip pretty balanced, but if they’re not available then what can you do?

Exactly, and if you can have the likes of Lizzo, Lana Del Rey and Doja Cat in big prominent spots (sub or headline other) then it still looks female strong 

14 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Hours of fun 

8CCCC959-5ED5-4FD2-80C4-35D21A918280.jpeg

09750ECA-9603-489E-81D6-950661F28327.jpeg

B665F5F7-24FA-4601-9132-596CC2465DE8.jpeg

E7C68E32-4080-45E2-BB02-35C95F008748.jpeg

Did we get the answer to this? Old Black Pain Show? Gawd knows, I’m tired.

I really like AM. Does that make me really un-cool? I also love Mardy Bum. Maybe it reminds me of an easier time, when I wasn’t really an adult with loads of responsibility, dunno 🤷🏼‍♀️. Anyway what I’m hearing is they’re an absolute snooze fest live and although I don’t mind the new albums I don’t want to listen to them live, prefer them for a chilled evening at home. So s0d them. Elton on el pointio is enough for 1 festival.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't think liking or disliking AM is cool or uncool. If you like em, great. Always find it weird when people say it's snobbish not to like a band. I've always thought they're shit but very happy to go watch something else.

I caveat my confession with the fact that there isn’t much out there that I don’t like aside from heavy metal or heavier rock type stuff. 

But you are right. We’re all cool here 😎 

38 minutes ago, sisco said:

Exactly, and if you can have the likes of Lizzo, Lana Del Rey and Doja Cat in big prominent spots (sub or headline other) then it still looks female strong 

Truth.

I’d actually say it’s more of a statement to fill the undercard with exciting new female acts rather than give prominent slots to the likes of The Libertines.

The more that happens, the greater the pool for female headliners in years to come. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Dua or Taylor would have made this years trio pretty balanced, but if they’re not available then what can you do?

Brace for the angry mob on social media

For a festival like glastonbury booking essentially 3 acts out of the 5 or so biggest touring that year, the female headliner pool is usually 1/2 people. Leaves them in a very tough spot

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yes that’s true, it’s just that the pyramid headliners are the acts that get the attention of the media, but let’s face it who gives a toss what they say. 

3 hours ago, LivOctober said:

Florence and the Machine has a big gap in the tour schedule over the Glasto weekend...

Screenshot_20221203-114435.png

I'm of the mind she can't be completely ruled out due to the GSH but she's very unlikely. I know she wouldn't be too popular a choice here, but she's still big enough to do it (Dance Fever hit #1, pretty much sold out two nights at the o2) and is known for putting on great live shows, but I imagine there's a fair few on the list ahead of her.

If not 2023, I do think she'll headline again in the future though.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LivOctober said:

Florence and the Machine has a big gap in the tour schedule over the Glasto weekend...

Screenshot_20221203-114435.png

she was also rumoured for 2021 and she doesn't seem to be doing any other UK festivals other than Boardmasters which was probably just bc of the canceled 2019 event. I think she's a bit small for the headline position but she'd put on an amazing show and is more likely than Dua (who has very publicly said that she's finished touring FN and plans to be in the studio for the next few months). Bey or Rih could still swoop in though

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Beyonce saturday headliner??? She'd go down a storm and she has a UK summer stadium tour in the pipeline for next year.

I was thinking this earlier. AM/Queen B/Elton would be one for the ages. Slim chance I reckon but wow, if it happens, Amen.