The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

14 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Got through straight away using 4G on my phone (which I leave on the table as an token gesture) while my laptop couldn't load a thing. Had to type everything out, got my own registration details wrong twice and yet had a confirmation email by 6:10pm. A proper weird one.

Honestly that sounds fucking horrific - i actually dread getting through on the phone! 

11 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

You’ll be good .. have a check it’s not gone to junk too 

Just thought I’d give you a little update…after a sleepless night I was trawling my email inbox this morning looking for a customer service number for see tickets (knowing in my heart that such a number doesn’t exist because…well, seetickets). Anyway, typed “glaston-“ into my search bar and the first result was my ticket confirmation in my deleted folder!

How I managed to delete it I don’t know, much less how I managed to do so without any memory of it. Also why I didn’t do that mail box search last night is a mystery… glasto nerves I guess. 

Anyway I will definitely for real this time be seeing you lot on the farm! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sundance said:

Just thought I’d give you a little update…after a sleepless night I was trawling my email inbox this morning looking for a customer service number for see tickets (knowing in my heart that such a number doesn’t exist because…well, seetickets). Anyway, typed “glaston-“ into my search bar and the first result was my ticket confirmation in my deleted folder!

How I managed to delete it I don’t know, much less how I managed to do so without any memory of it. Also why I didn’t do that mail box search last night is a mystery… glasto nerves I guess. 

Anyway I will definitely for real this time be seeing you lot on the farm! 

fantastic  🙂 

We're in! 

Can barely look at this forum until tickets are in the bag. We've had to accept a later coach than we would usually go for but I'd hate to have passed on it to then fail in the Sunday sale. Rather be there later than planned than miss out entirely.

Not all of our group is convinced we've made the right decision but I'm thrilled to be going for an 11th time and am all too aware that my luck may soon run out.

4 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

We're in! 

Can barely look at this forum until tickets are in the bag. We've had to accept a later coach than we would usually go for but I'd hate to have passed on it to then fail in the Sunday sale. Rather be there later than planned than miss out entirely.

Not all of our group is convinced we've made the right decision but I'm thrilled to be going for an 11th time and am all too aware that my luck may soon run out.

Better to have gotten tickets even if it's a later coach than not go at all imo. A few of us decided to go for a different city whereas the rest will be trying general sale. If they don't get in they're definitely gonna be regretting it 

47 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

We're in! 

You made the right choice for sure! 11 is impressive, same as me (Jessi)! 

I got through to get tickets for my friends last night, I'm waiting til Sunday and hoping for similar success... However I do luckily have the fall back that I will likely get a crew pass through my working partner... I can't bear to rely on that though just in case! So getting a ticket Sunday hopefully, then will release it back to the resales if everything confirmed with my partner's work in the new year.

23 minutes ago, woyski said:

We scored Wed tickets, and yet again the same friend got through (big up Microsoft Edge?)! So happy, this will be my 4th 😄

Microsoft Edge was the clincher for me last night too. Not personally had a ticket page for six years via Chrome. Probably means nothing, but I'm taking it as a win for Microsoft and that'll be my browser of choice on Sunday when I try for others

• Like 1

3 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

I got through 10 minutes after it sold out. Ticket from Newcastle on Thursday

Is going on a Thursday a killer? Feel like I will miss the whole thing haha

I've chosen a Thursday coach ticket for the first time this year. Unless you really wanted to see some Wednesday fireworks (which, to be fair, you can catch many similar shows tomorrow!), it's perfectly ok, as Wednesday and Thursday are more like little warm up days.

9 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I've chosen a Thursday coach ticket for the first time this year. Unless you really wanted to see some Wednesday fireworks (which, to be fair, you can catch many similar shows tomorrow!), it's perfectly ok, as Wednesday and Thursday are more like little warm up days.

The only think I worry about is the nicer camping spots going. 

I missed out on tickets last night 😞

3 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

I got through 10 minutes after it sold out. Ticket from Newcastle on Thursday

Is going on a Thursday a killer? Feel like I will miss the whole thing haha

9 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Location matters too i'd say - what time is your Newcastle Coach? If its early you won't miss anything but if it was at like 2pm by the time you've setup you will miss a lot more i suppose

Its the best weekend of the year regardless, lets be honest! 🙂 

Got two Wednesday coach tix, first time trying and it's our first ever glasto!! Thanks to whoever recommended getting an auto-refresher phone app, that's what did it for me.

Haven't been to a camping festival in 10 years and used to absolutely hate the camping but now I'm an adult and can afford to buy food and comfy tent stuff so fingers crossed it isn't as horrible!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

Got two Wednesday coach tix, first time trying and it's our first ever glasto!! Thanks to whoever recommended getting an auto-refresher phone app, that's what did it for me.

Haven't been to a camping festival in 10 years and used to absolutely hate the camping but now I'm an adult and can afford to buy food and comfy tent stuff so fingers crossed it isn't as horrible!

worthy view / sticklinch might be worth looking into - if your buying new equipment just for this then it could work out much cheaper 🙂 enjoy!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Microsoft Edge was the clincher for me last night too. Not personally had a ticket page for six years via Chrome. Probably means nothing, but I'm taking it as a win for Microsoft and that'll be my browser of choice on Sunday when I try for others

Edge got it for me too. A pattern emerging?

(Or just using Edge is so uncommon that it bears mentioning, whilst 90% of ticket buyers just used Chrome)