2024 Headliners

36 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I’ve said it on here before but The Killers have a hole that’s so Glastonbury shaped I just can’t see them NOT being there (Glasgow run to  27 June, London run from 4 July) 🤔 Main argument against it seems to be how recently they last headlined (2019) - and I agree it may be too soon. If they aren’t headlining though maybe a Churnups style slot? But if it’s not Stevie Wonder then 👀 

They would have done 3/5 most recent fests

Its incredibly unlikely

55 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I’ve said it on here before but The Killers have a hole that’s so Glastonbury shaped I just can’t see them NOT being there (Glasgow run to  27 June, London run from 4 July) 🤔 Main argument against it seems to be how recently they last headlined (2019) - and I agree it may be too soon. If they aren’t headlining though maybe a Churnups style slot? But if it’s not Stevie Wonder then 👀 

They done a secret set in 2017 on Woodsies. So it’s not happening, sometimes a gap is just a gap.

Sometimes a gap is worth speculating, but I think you can file them under the former rather than latter.

11 hours ago, briddj said:

Fontaines really didn't have a big crowd on The Other Stage. 

Not small, but certainly not big. 

FB_IMG_1708385371629.jpg

Ahh yeah you are right.  I was really close so didn't realise, looks fairly sparse from back here 🙂 Makes sense if they were up against Diana Ross + They had toured loads that year.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The only way Keane are third down on the planet's biggest stage is if they're holding a Big Face Competition between the bands.

I don't think it is impossible that they are 3rd down.  They are headlining Latitude this year and that is usually equivilant to about 3rd down on Pyramid.

11 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Ahh yeah you are right.  I was really close so didn't realise, looks fairly sparse from back here 🙂 Makes sense if they were up against Diana Ross + They had toured loads that year.

My group split for this and I stayed for Dianna then left after 3 songs as it was so bad and easily walked into a good spot to see Fontaines, very glad I did 

33 minutes ago, sjseabass said:

Reckon Brandon just fancies a break from the tour, couple of nights at Casa Eavis, watch Chris and the lads side of stage with a cider, sorted.

This is the most likely scenario. 

Dude just wants to party this time. 

26 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Fontaines are gash. One good tune.

I've tried with them a few times and gave them another go last night. A few decent tunes and I could be drawn towards them with a bit of persistence and no competition but yeah... doesn't really do it for me. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

They done a secret set in 2017 on Woodsies. So it’s not happening, sometimes a gap is just a gap.

Sometimes a gap is worth speculating, but I think you can file them under the former rather than latter.

I have wondered if they could actually do Hot Fuss in full somewhere this time.....

Edited by briddj

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

This is the most likely scenario. 

Dude just wants to party this time. 

Brandon Flowers will basically be the Paul McCartney of Glastonbury 2023 - just popping up, side-of-stage, dispensing random high-fives and generally having a blast.

And you know what? Fair does to him. I'd do exactly that if I had the weekend off and a free pass to pop down.

15 hours ago, MichaelsBeard said:

I would think her doing legends and Shania subbing / or being in that Sheryl Crow slot would be more likely. 

The Shania legends slot has always seemed weird to me. I know the pool is diminishing but would it be cruel to say she’s the least ‘legendary’ person they’ve booked for that slot if true? Guess it’s all subjective. 

I agree. Have always felt Shania feels more like a pyramid sub slot and Stevie Nicks more suited to the legend slot if she's playing. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I've tried with them a few times and gave them another go last night. A few decent tunes and I could be drawn towards them with a bit of persistence and no competition but yeah... doesn't really do it for me. 

Dogrel was far and away their best album for me. Have lost interest since mostly. Some decent tunes but all a bit dreary after that.

15 hours ago, MichaelsBeard said:

I would think her doing legends and Shania subbing / or being in that Sheryl Crow slot would be more likely. 

The Shania legends slot has always seemed weird to me. I know the pool is diminishing but would it be cruel to say she’s the least ‘legendary’ person they’ve booked for that slot if true? Guess it’s all subjective. 

I think if you look at hits/sales she's probably one of the most successful female artists in the last 30 years or so globally.  However, her slightly cheesier poppy phase was the only really popular stuff in the UK and the more Country biased stuff didn't land so well.  That said, I think she could put a great legends set together.

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I think if you look at hits/sales she's probably one of the most successful female artists in the last 30 years or so globally.  However, her slightly cheesier poppy phase was the only really popular stuff in the UK and the more Country biased stuff didn't land so well.  That said, I think she could put a great legends set together.

If youd done a thread on here asking who people would like to see in the legend slot over the next few years prior to her being rumoured and the touring and being at BST etc. I don't think her name would have come up at all in that conversation.

33 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Dogrel was far and away their best album for me. Have lost interest since mostly. Some decent tunes but all a bit dreary after that.

I'm the other way round and think that they have kept getting better for each subsequent album. Dogrel was fine but preferred the earlier versions of the singles. Anyway, different strokes for different folks 😀.  I agree that there is less light on the albums after dogrel.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'm the other way round and think that they have kept getting better for each subsequent album. Dogrel was fine but preferred the earlier versions of the singles. Anyway, different strokes for different folks 😀.  I agree that there is less light on the albums after dogrel.

Dogrel was great, didn't get on too well with A Hero's Death but Skinty Fia was fantastic.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

Quality input 🙄 - At least name the tune LOL 

I like them a lot but each to their own. 

The one where he references Carrolls cigs. That braying, vile tone to his voice. No craic. Christ almighty.