2024 Headliners

8 hours ago, Drinky said:

Also I reckon there can’t be many out there who could (without googling) name the four headliners of Wireless when it first started in 2005

I’m pretty sure Faithless was one of them and possibly The White Stripes. I’ll go for Basement Jaxx and The Strokes as the other 2. 

On 8/31/2023 at 12:21 PM, Drinky said:

Also I reckon there can’t be many out there who could (without googling) name the four headliners of Wireless when it first started in 2005

I was flicking through some old NMEs the other day. Kasabian were one of them, I remember that

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'd add the Weeknd to my list of massively popular acts that I can't fathom why they're so popular.

Drake, Weeknd, Celine Dion...

Do you just hate Canadians

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Do you just hate Canadians

I bet he wouldve loved Bryan Adams. Gotta be the right kind of Canadian. 

On 9/2/2023 at 12:31 PM, Neil said:

even burning man gets mud.

which makes me think that 2024 is the year the mud returns to pilton.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66697806

Except for the part that Black Rock City gets 2 inches of rain over the course of a year and received it in 24 hours. Same happened here in The desert when we got the tropical storm and it caused over $100 million in damage and counting. Maybe the climate protesters had a point, but sensible people wouldve left on thursday to avoid this. Lots of veteran Burners sold their tickets cause the forecast was like this and knew it would be a literal sh*t show.

Edited by Suprefan

45 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Anfield was on the rumour list last year if I remember rightly? I hope not...

Yep heard from somebody working there that he was lined up to play.

Would be very tempted with it being so close, but I’m gonna need him to change up the setlist as I can’t say I have any interest in seeing that exact same one for a second time. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Anfield was on the rumour list last year if I remember rightly? I hope not...

If i was absolutely bang up for a stadium gig and the nearest one was the Emirates, i'd swerve it as well. I think thats completely fair enough. 

I was an at England game a few years back when Wembley was being done up, at Old Trafford - a few of us went in a minibus, including my Leeds supporting mate with a pathological hatred of anything Man United. Completely understandable and reasonably so, of course! We had a stack of pints before the game and at half time i went down and got a few pies to try and provide some stomach ballast; he took one look at the Man United badge on the pie and promptly threw it on the pitch, the hate-filled bastard.

I couldve eaten that pie if he didnt want it! pie wastage! 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

If i was absolutely bang up for a stadium gig and the nearest one was the Emirates, i'd swerve it as well. I think thats completely fair enough. 

I was an at England game a few years back when Wembley was being done up, at Old Trafford - a few of us went in a minibus, including my Leeds supporting mate with a pathological hatred of anything Man United. Completely understandable and reasonably so, of course! We had a stack of pints before the game and at half time i went down and got a few pies to try and provide some stomach ballast; he took one look at the Man United badge on the pie and promptly threw it on the pitch, the hate-filled bastard.

I couldve eaten that pie if he didnt want it! pie wastage! 

haha you know what it isn't about the football side of it at all - I'll go to Taylor Swift if that's the only one I can get tickets for.  I just don't like going to an old stadium for a gig. Old Trafford was awful as it just couldn't handle that many people in the concourse, and I can't imagine Anfield being much better with just one new stand, unless they funnel the whole standing area into that for toilets and drinks?

That said, the only stadium I've ever enjoyed a gig at is Wembley - I don't even like the Etihad all that much.