2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

48 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

If you are coming by car then surely a few trips to the  car. As you say not enforceable.  

Depends on how they set the limits - if it was 12 cans per person per trip would you want to go back to the car for that small an amount.  Quite possibly yes, but it might make a lot of people use the bars more in between those trips.

They were enforcing no packets of crisps this year, so definitely possible...

15 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Depends on how they set the limits - if it was 12 cans per person per trip would you want to go back to the car for that small an amount.  Quite possibly yes, but it might make a lot of people use the bars more in between those trips.

They were enforcing no packets of crisps this year, so definitely possible...

Crisps turned into an urban legend. It did happen, but not on a large scale. My crisps were safe from the stewards.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

You can’t plug a 24 pack of beers up your arse mate.

Its a bit easier to police than disco powder!

I once unfortunately came across a Tumblr where someone managed to fit all manner of things into the excess skin of his shaft.. 

..So, I’ll never make a comment like this after seeing someone plug a wagon wheel.

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Crisps turned into an urban legend. It did happen, but not on a large scale. My crisps were safe from the stewards.

Not sure I'd dismiss it that thoroughly - it was a mistake on behalf of the stewards - they were only meant to be stopping crisps going through one gate (new West-worthy view area?) but seemed like they were doing it more widely - until they realised it was ridiculous and then they then decided crisps could be taken to any area.

So brief, and totally ridiculous, but it happened - it was just by way of example that if they did want to stop people bringing in e.g. more than 12 cans of beer at once (or crisps which are a lot smaller than beer), then in theory they could.

I'd assume they'd change the wording of the dos&donts/Ts&Cs for the festival before they start selling tickets though?  (not sure anyone spotted any 'no crisps' rules ahead of last year though!)

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Not sure I'd dismiss it that thoroughly - it was a mistake on behalf of the stewards - they were only meant to be stopping crisps going through one gate (new West-worthy view area?) but seemed like they were doing it more widely - until they realised it was ridiculous and then they then decided crisps could be taken to any area.

It wasn't even that. Sticklinch wasn't (supposed to be) subject to any different rules.

As it was explained to me after the festival - the restriction was an environmental initiative, much like the "no plastic bottles sold on site" thing introduced previously - the public could still bring what they wanted but traders could only bring+sell crisps that were in less problematic wrappers (biodegradable? recyclable? not sure of the specific difference/benefit).

As a result, some of the security had spent the previous few days stopping Traders from bringing in Quavers, and didn't realise that the restriction wasn't for the public - so naturally enforced it when gates opened. Hence it was so small scale and inconsistent - it only happened at some gates and for that matter wasn't even consistent across a given gate.

A pair of Herefordshire potato farmers are celebrating a ‘crisp coup’ this week. Sean Mason and Mark Green’s brand of crisps, Two Farmers, will be Glastonbury festival’s official and only crisp supplier.

It’s been a spectacular rise in a few short years through the snack supplier ranks for the pair. True spudocrats, Mark and Sean were already award-winning potato growers, when their idea for a new crisp brand emerged over a pint and a packet of crisps in a local pub one evening, leading to the birth Two Farmers.

But they had an extra edge. When Two Farmers was launched in 2018, it was the UK's first sustainable crisp brand, plastic-free and 100% compostable crisp packets.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/herefordshire-farmers-celebrate-crisp-coup-7238438

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Rumshack wasn't new this year. 

Unfairground defo needs a shake up but it's not going to happen when the budget is frozen.

my bad

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

The ticket price is one thing but I can't wait for the reaction when they announce a restriction on the amount of alcohol we can take in.

Let us not forget, they tried doing that before...

Seems unlikely to me - besides the security is so lax it won't make a difference really unless your drinking cans only

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

only things we might see is updated Arcadia ...ongoing project , maybe Silver Hayes as that is in the  process of changing , and maybe a replacement for the mouldy Genosys ?  

I think they said genosys was 1 year

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Yeah maybe... but I'd guess Arcadia's budget will be the same as always.  This year, they brought the spider back and spent it all on DJ's.  If they use up their budget on the helicopter, next year they won't have big name DJ's again. 

Silver Hayes just borrowed LSTD's stage, so that's probably a cheaper option!

I reckon Genosys will just be the bus again.  But I think that worked well, tbh.

If they can get Chems back on the cheap that's already a big old name (not so much in DJ set size terms, but big on paper at least)

Agreed on it working well

53 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe confusing the Rum Shack for the Mez Yard - but even that popped up in 2019.

There was something new in the common i thought, maybe it was mez yard. its all new to me!

Edited by gfa
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, p.pete said:

So brief, and totally ridiculous, but it happened - it was just by way of example that if they did want to stop people bringing in e.g. more than 12 cans of beer at once (or crisps which are a lot smaller than beer), then in theory they could.

I'd assume they'd change the wording of the dos&donts/Ts&Cs for the festival before they start selling tickets though?  (not sure anyone spotted any 'no crisps' rules ahead of last year though!)

Well I got into Worthy View around 3pm and no check at all so 🤷🏻‍♂️

But did hear chatter about crisp gate during the weekend which was funny.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As a crisp aficionado - enthusiast even - I still can't conceive of actually chowing down on a pack at the G.

I get there normally on Monday and a large packet of ready salted Potatoe sticks go down a treat with everyone in our crew,  stops after that though

17 hours ago, incident said:

It wasn't even that. Sticklinch wasn't (supposed to be) subject to any different rules.

As it was explained to me after the festival - the restriction was an environmental initiative, much like the "no plastic bottles sold on site" thing introduced previously - the public could still bring what they wanted but traders could only bring+sell crisps that were in less problematic wrappers (biodegradable? recyclable? not sure of the specific difference/benefit).

As a result, some of the security had spent the previous few days stopping Traders from bringing in Quavers, and didn't realise that the restriction wasn't for the public - so naturally enforced it when gates opened. Hence it was so small scale and inconsistent - it only happened at some gates and for that matter wasn't even consistent across a given gate.

Ah, that's interesting to hear the extra detail

16 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Well I got into Worthy View around 3pm and no check at all so 🤷🏻‍♂️

So it was short lived, incorrectly applied, probably idiotic (...but the environment...) in the first place, only in certain areas and very much random.

My point was, if they wanted to, they could ask security at the gates to stop more products (e.g. more than 12 cans of beer) getting through the gate assuming they are trying to direct more traffic to bars.  Without being asked some security were taking it upon themselves to stockpile confiscated crisps - I'm sure they'd happy make a few cans of beer disappear if they were asked to.

20 hours ago, Suprefan said:

We had a cooler with crisps inside checked - they must have thought we heard the rumours and tried smuggling them in disguised as beer