2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

2 hours ago, Nestacres said:

Well thats good for you but some people might not want to do that. I live within walking distanc eof my lcoal premier league club where I have a season ticket so have now travel costs and can survive 2 hours without food and drink. Glastonbury seems more expensive becasue it is. 

It's very fortunate you live within walking distance to the stadium, but most don't and would have to commute. Then there's the fact the average season ticket for a Premier League club is about 700 quid. But you're only getting two hours worth of an experience for that money. Over 19 home league games, that's 38 hours of potential fun. If you're awake at Glasto 16 hours a day, that's only two and a smidgen days that the league season covers. Or put another way the footie is about £18.42 per hour. Glasto works out at £8.70 per hour - based on being awake 16 hours of the day from Wednesday morning to Monday morning and spending 700 on tickets, food/drink, and a coach.

Then there's the subjective factor that you can have multiple experiences at Glasto compared to watching the same team each weekend, especially if you're talking about any of the London teams 😉

Glasto is miles better value.

The more I think about this, the more I reckon it's clearly a real pointer of what is to come for everyone.

No big event can possibly be immune to the huge inflation we have, especially as much of it is being driven by energy costs - an inescapable factor in every area of business, from food production right through to power for the event. I mean, just look at the cost of something like bread now - just supplying that for the working staff (if that's something they do) will double the cost it was (and that's today, not next April to July).

Some of the mid-sized festivals which sold most of their tickets on an early bird scheme the day after the 2022 event ended (for example, Tramlines), might really feel the pinch with no way to plug that additional energy inflation that has come since July.

The Glasto ticket price going up by £55 is a picture of how everything next year is likely to see sizeable increases. It's probably more noticeable with a % price rise of something that was already close to £300, but similar is likely to happen to so many things.

Really, it was impossible for there not to be a big hike this year.

Strap in! Oh, and thanks Liz.

16 minutes ago, briddj said:

The more I think about this, the more I reckon it's clearly a real pointer of what is to come for everyone.

No big event can possibly be immune to the huge inflation we have, especially as much of it is being driven by energy costs - an inescapable factor in every area of business, from food production right through to power for the event. I mean, just look at the cost of something like bread now - just supplying that for the working staff (if that's something they do) will double the cost it was (and that's today, not next April to July).

Some of the mid-sized festivals which sold most of their tickets on an early bird scheme the day after the 2022 event ended (for example, Tramlines), might really feel the pinch with no way to plug that additional energy inflation that has come since July.

The Glasto ticket price going up by £55 is a picture of how everything next year is likely to see sizeable increases. It's probably more noticeable with a % price rise of something that was already close to £300, but similar is likely to happen to so many things.

I tend to agree. I think everything is going to feel substantially more expensive next year and this is just one of the first big things to be announced.

Doesn't make it any easier for people but that's where we are.

16 hours ago, philipsteak said:

And don't forget you're probably looking at a max of about £1.50 for the ingredients for that. Less in most cases.

Sure the ingredients for FFAF probably cost about £1. But they need to pay someone to cook them, they need to buy fuel to cook it with, they need to pay someone to serve you, they need to pay their pay their pitch fee, they need to pay VAT, they need to pay their rent / commission to Glastonbury, they need to pay off their investment in their equipment and pay for future repairs and replacement kit, and god forbid they should try and take maybe 5-10% profit for standing in a field for 18 hours a day over 5 - 7 days whilst everyone around them is having the time of their life. 

• Like 1

What exactly is the main draw to a place like Boomtown? On the face of it, from photos and videos I've seen, it looks amazing. But looking at some of the lineups, I don't recognise too many names, and the biggest people I can tell they've had are people like the Streets, Lauryn Hill, Cyprus Hill, Kool & the Gang... basically a bunch of names who would be middle of the day Pyramid or smaller stage headliners.

Why is it so expensive? It's almost as much as Glasto. 

Is it similar to the SEC, but bigger, and more actors/theatrics?

It looks like a cross between the SEC and West World.

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

What exactly is the main draw to a place like Boomtown? On the face of it, from photos and videos I've seen, it looks amazing. But looking at some of the lineups, I don't recognise too many names, and the biggest people I can tell they've had are people like the Streets, Lauryn Hill, Cyprus Hill, Kool & the Gang... basically a bunch of names who would be middle of the day Pyramid or smaller stage headliners.

It's experience led, rather than by the line up.  It's more about the parties and the soundsystems and a lot of electronic music.  I've not been since 2018 and it's changed a bit by all accounts but essentially, it's like the sound east corner with an evolving storyline. 

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It's production led, so they spend the money on the show rather than the artist, it's also about 80,000 people so those cost are more per attendee.

Last year they didn't release the line up until close to the time, I'm not sure if that's putting people off as well.

My fear is the full impact of rising prices/inflation will have a significant consequence for the entertainment industry as we have still a long way to go with disposable incomes being squeezed. When it comes to mortgages, rents and fuel bills etc the rises have only just begun 🙁

3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

My fear is the full impact of rising prices/inflation will have a significant consequence for the entertainment industry as we have still a long way to go with disposable incomes being squeezed. When it comes to mortgages, rents and fuel bills etc the rises have only just begun 🙁

I think the rush to get Arctic Monkeys tickets for their 2023 tour  proves it is not affecting people yet or is it just being put on the back burner ?

1 minute ago, ivan said:

I think the rush to get Arctic Monkeys tickets for their 2023 tour  proves it is not affecting people yet or is it just being put on the back burner ?

The economic situation a month ago, after the energy price cap and before the mini budget (that wasn't a budget) is completely different to today.

Not unique to Glastonbury or festivals, but one of the biggest issues I have with universal price rises is that you also get a lot of ‘chancers’ who see this as a way of dramatically increasing there prices and riding on the price of ‘cost of living’. And once things stabilise, the prices ain’t coming back down. 

32 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Sure the ingredients for FFAF probably cost about £1. But they need to pay someone to cook them, they need to buy fuel to cook it with, they need to pay someone to serve you, they need to pay their pay their pitch fee, they need to pay VAT, they need to pay their rent / commission to Glastonbury, they need to pay off their investment in their equipment and pay for future repairs and replacement kit, and god forbid they should try and take maybe 5-10% profit for standing in a field for 18 hours a day over 5 - 7 days whilst everyone around them is having the time of their life. 

Oh yeah, I know all that (I work in hospitality). 

It was meant more in a 'calm your expectations of what you'll actually get for that fiver' way. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Not unique to Glastonbury or festivals, but one of the biggest issues I have with universal price rises is that you also get a lot of ‘chancers’ who see this as a way of dramatically increasing there prices and riding on the price of ‘cost of living’. And once things stabilise, the prices ain’t coming back down. 

I dunno, I look at it the other way and think that lots of businesses have spent a couple of years struggling to stay afloat, keep staff etc. 

The chancers were those that ran businesses, got covid wedge off government and shut down. They had phenomenal levels of fraud and allegedly aren't following up. 

2 hours ago, briddj said:

It's going to impact touring and gigs too no doubt (And with it, a further blow to festivals), already I see the small local venue I work isn't able to book enough of the quality acts we've become used to, and the festival we ran isn't happening despite assurances it was planned to return this year.

I reckon the mega-bands will still do OK but below that it may crash the market for small to medium acts who will lose their audience with too high prices.

Still, for the price to pay being one or two less gigs for me I'd rather pay the extra for Glastonbury than jeopardize their future. Thinking about it, I'd be prepared to abandon gigs totally if it were that or Glastonbury.