2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

My gas and electric bill was £90 a month 2 years ago it's now £250 per month. so this isn't as bad as that.

Energy prices permeate through everything. Inflation is gonna be 8-10%+ until 1. The war is over and normal service resumes or 2. green energy revolution 

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Er, good for him I guess? But for most people who go to festivals a grand on a weekend has to be a top tier experience, and even as someone that's been to Primavera multiple times I can't say this year was unfortunately.

I done the double weekend, and that without doubt was the best value for money of all time. Saw Interpol do a small show as well.

7 minutes ago, st dan said:

there are many people waiting in the wings to snap them up. 

For sure there are, but it's going to dramatically change the demographic as well as the vibe.

One possible positive, I can see some of my friends in the craft field making more money.

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I can afford it...but not sure it's worth it...and agree with mattiloy (for once).

Kinda agree, I'm really questioning if it is worth it.

14 minutes ago, st dan said:

I think it would probably sell out even if tickets went to £500. So they aren’t rising the prices as much as they could have without impacting the demand.
As rubbish as it is and the fact it goes against the ethos of the festival, if people deem the price as too much now, then there are many people waiting in the wings to snap them up. 

Nowhere near as quick. They don't even have a really big Legend this year.

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

For sure there are, but it's going to dramatically change the demographic as well as the vibe.

One possible positive, I can see some of my friends in the craft field making more money.

The thing that changed the festival demographic more than anything else was the fence. 

I'd say since then, the demographic has largely stayed the same. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Kinda agree, I'm really questioning if it is worth it.

Nowhere near as quick. They don't even have a really big Legend this year.

True - but Glastonbury ‘the brand’ is fully established now. You’ll always have the next generations and the youth snapping up the tickets so they can pose all over Instagram, if nothing else. And can’t see that changing anytime soon. £500 with 6 months to save is nothing for a lot of late teenagers/early 20s, still living with mum and dad. 
Terribly sad though, as it will massively impact the vibe that makes the place so special. It’s at a crossroads of becoming a scaled up V festival at the this stage.

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

True - but Glastonbury ‘the brand’ is fully established now. You’ll always have the next generations and the youth snapping up the tickets so they can pose all over Instagram, if nothing else. And can’t see that changing anytime soon. £500 with 6 months to save is nothing for a lot of late teenagers/early 20s, still living with mum and dad. 
Terribly sad though, as it will massively impact the vibe that makes the place so special. It’s at a crossroads of becoming a scaled up V festival at the this stage.

Great post.

I still retain some faith that Michael and Emily will do their best to avoid this, but the horse may already have bolted.

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Great post.

I still retain some faith that Michael and Emily will do their best to avoid this, but the horse may already have bolted.

Yep, and don’t think it’s something they have imposed or tried to push at all. Rather it has just occurred naturally due to a number of factors.
Wrestling it back is going to be a challenge I feel, it may have to come via a much less ‘commercial’ line up, which will be difficult to justify with the increased prices. It’s a very tricky one. 

2 hours ago, mattiloy said:

I would sooner have them cut costs than pass the book onto the punter.

The fees for the acts that are flavour of the month on radio1 must be higher than that paid for the kinds of acts who are coming through, playing medium sized venues. Just tilt the balance back in favour of the latter.

Totally agree with this.

A lot of the people saying £330 is value for money cite the cost of seeing big commercial acts which are charging £100's of pounds to their gigs as way of justification. Fair enough if you are the type that pays these kinds of fees and enjoys these kinds of acts. Less so if you aren't at all interested in seeing Spice Girls/ Guns'n'Roses/ Taylot Swift/ etc.

Edited by Splonk

The price increase seems to be getting a fair bit of coverage across numerous media channels. Feels like this could be one of those barometer type stories that really show how tough things are getting out there and the impact isn't just on our monthly energy bills but the knock on reaches far and wide to everything around us. 

I'll be trying for tickets this year, but with the cost I'm not as fussed* as I'd usually be if I missed out.

And although I had a great time this year after an enforced 6 year break, the weather was about perfect etc you sometimes forget how busy and hard work it is at times. There's a lot to be said for smaller, cheaper festivals.

* I say that now, I'll be gutted at the end of June if I don't get tickets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Looks like I've mistaken punters for artists.

It seems GFL don't have stats on age of attendees, so not sure how anyone would know.

Apologies for possible false claims.

I did do my own search BTW 

Found this from 2018

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-statistics-reveal-average-1952547

Their source is this, where it seems he says it was an intern at oracle. They don't seem to say what their sample size or source is, which tbh I was a bit surprised at

https://blogs.oracle.com/analytics/post/seeing-through-the-crowds

Also found this from this parish in 2013

And a comparatively short discussion 2021

18 minutes ago, st dan said:

I only went to V once, having been to Glastonbury dozens of times. The things that shocked me were nothing to do with what you describe - it was not taking your own booze, having separated arena, camping and food areas, all tents closely and nicely arranged and... that was it, there didn't seem to be anything else there. 

When the acts finished people trotted out of the arena back to bed, no after hours stuff, no peculiar areas to investigate, just nothing of any interest other than bands on stages. 

A combination of unprecedented inflationary pressures (cpi, fuel, Brexit, covid loss of reserves, weak pound etc) have put the festival in a situation where they would have to choose between cancellation, not giving 2m quid per year to good causes or killing off aspects of the festival - and it depends which of us would care about which bit they removed. 

For my part I'm old, don't have kids and live in a cheap house, so I'm in a fortunate position compared to many posters, but can appreciate I'd be upset if having to make that choice. 

There are scores of folks I've been with over the years, but they all do other stuff now (family holidays etc) , some of them say they'll come again when their kids are grown up. Tbh for some of them fifty quid would simply mean they would need to budget their booze or drugs more carefully 😉

1 hour ago, gingerevans84 said:

I done the double weekend, and that without doubt was the best value for money of all time. Saw Interpol do a small show as well.

This just goes to show how subjective these things always are. I did one weekend at Primavera this year and came away appreciating Glastonbury so much more in terms of value for money.

Same weekend as Glastonbury there is an Adventure Bike Festival 

£109 a ticket and i get to ride my bike round a huge field.

But then again Stone Circle from 4.00 am is a wonderful thing !.  I once met a couple up there after Metallica on the Sat night and they had not moved from the Stone Circle field since the Weds.

I think @Crazyfool01has already mentioned somewhere getting a Asda rewards card could help counter the festival increase if you shop there. I downloaded the Asda rewards app about 5 weeks ago and with my normal shopping I've already earned £12 on my rewards card 👏👏👏

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

I think @Crazyfool01has already mentioned somewhere getting a Asda rewards card could help counter the festival increase if you shop there. I downloaded the Asda rewards app about 5 weeks ago and with my normal shopping I've already earned £12 on my rewards card 👏👏👏

Yeah you’ll also get rewards that you weren’t expecting . It’s worth doing for definate if you are a customer there anyway 

It's a hell of a jump and I get why it might prevent some people from going, but I'd be happy to pay double it for a ticket, it'd still be worth it imo. I'm having to pay for my son (he's been to seven Glastonburys now but this will be first time he's needed a ticket!) and wife too for next year, though, so it's going to sting when it comes time to settle the balance!

1 hour ago, Chip Batch said:

I'll be trying for tickets this year, but with the cost I'm not as fussed* as I'd usually be if I missed out.

And although I had a great time this year after an enforced 6 year break, the weather was about perfect etc you sometimes forget how busy and hard work it is at times. There's a lot to be said for smaller, cheaper festivals.

* I say that now, I'll be gutted at the end of June if I don't get tickets.

I’m very similar to that now.  I’ve genuinely seen all those I’d want to see and would be gutted to miss.  Of course I’d be sad come June but I’m probably over it a bit now.