Rock Slot 2023

Gnomicide

I mean, after the last few festivals, this hasn't really been a thing but if Aerosmith had made it, maybe it could have been set in stone.

Tonight I'm watching an old Def Leppard set and let's face it, they'd be ideal. Not too heavy, hit songs aots, in need of a catalogue boost... let's 'ave it.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Tonight I'm watching an old Def Leppard set and let's face it, they'd be ideal. Not too heavy, hit songs aots, in need of a catalogue boost... let's 'ave it.

Definitely my choice as well.

And - while I may be completely wrong about this - they're possibly one of the ones who'd actually really want to do it given everyone else that's played the Festival.

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I mean, after the last few festivals, this hasn't really been a thing but if Aerosmith had made it, maybe it could have been set in stone.

Let's Get Rocked video.on the big screen. Blow the kids' minds.

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

The Darkness.

Jeff Beck.

We went to see Imelda May in the Avalon this year, I had hoped she might bring on Jeff Beck as a guest, they are friends and he has played on some of her recordings,

but she didn’t.  Although she reprised her part in Meatloafs , I would give anything for love but I won’t do that.   That was good.   Anyway, another vote for Def Leppard , ideal for the pyramid. 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Haven't they played lower down on the Other Stage a couple of times and only attracted crowds that number into the low hundreds?

Yep. I think they least time may have been 2019 but they are substantially bigger now than they were then and the collabs with Sigrid and Sheeran should have made them a bit more mainstream. They've headlined Reading and Download so UK wise there isn't much more for them here other than a bigger Glastonbury slot. 

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Haven't they played lower down on the Other Stage a couple of times and only attracted crowds that number into the low hundreds?

They were put against Kylie in 2019. They're one of my favourite bands, but no way was I missing Kylie.

Although I don't think they'd get a big crowd on top either. They're wicked, but I don't think any of their songs penetrated the mainstream in any way. My brother saw me wearing their tshirt and said 'I thought they were a boyband' which is funny to think they named a boy band 'Bring Me The Horizon'.

Def Leppard would be incredible. Not sure how seriously they take themselves.Maybe their old mate Swifty can get them involved