Rock Slot 2023

Gnomicide

Im very aboard the Judas priest train - their 50th anniversary was (kind of) in 2019, so i thought they'd have been a shoo-in for the Glasto 50th in 2020. But, yknow, worldwide pandemics, delays, all that jazz . . . Rob would absolutely fancy the pyramid stage, and i think they'd be ok with an afternoon slot even though they still headline metal festivals all over the shop. They're great live, too. Basically, Leppard can support them, and Priest can headline the afternoon rock slot 😄

I still hang on to the Aerosmith dream.

That said, Def Leppard are a great shout - definitely got the tunes and appeal to casual fans. I saw them and Whitesnake at Download in '18. Def Leppard headlining comfortably. I was pleasantly surprised at how good Whitesnake were. The band is shit hot (mostly sessioners I'd guess by now) but Coverdale still really has the pipes and was giving it the full frontman. They'd be ace.

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Im very aboard the Judas priest train - their 50th anniversary was (kind of) in 2019, so i thought they'd have been a shoo-in for the Glasto 50th in 2020. But, yknow, worldwide pandemics, delays, all that jazz . . . Rob would absolutely fancy the pyramid stage, and i think they'd be ok with an afternoon slot even though they still headline metal festivals all over the shop. They're great live, too. Basically, Leppard can support them, and Priest can headline the afternoon rock slot 😄

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music/news/judas-priest-want-glastonbury-slot-30426108.html

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

So do I. By far the best of the realistic options in my view. Plenty more well-known hits than most of the other bands mentioned. 

I’m the same. Would love to see Aerosmith, if not then AC/DC or Def Leppard. A few older bands like deep purple id be happy with but totally understand they won’t be known by or appeal to the majority, time moves on!  Pity Slade arnt a thing anymore😉

Another vote for Def Leppard. Seen them loads over the years and they never fail to deliver. Their stage production and musicianship is as good as it was back in their 80s heyday and they are amazing at recreating that massive big-production they were known for with their albums in the live environment. Still really down to earth guys who would 100% "get it" if they were given the chance to play. I think it's just the fact they've never been asked. Would also be an act that would attract a substantial curious/casual/nostalgia crowd who would actually be surprised by how many songs they know. 

Headlined Download about 4 times since 2009 so are worthy Other Stage headliners in my mind. 

Edited by Harmonic Prospector

• 3 weeks later...