ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Their energy costs this year were probably far higher than what they expected when they set the price at the end of February kind of time too.

Biofuels haven’t suffered the same inflationary pressure but you’re still looking at £325 plus fees I reckon! 

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

Biofuels haven’t suffered the same inflationary pressure but you’re still looking at £325 plus fees I reckon! 

ah right and agreed yep. money i'm happy to pay anyway, still terrific value

5 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

I’ve tried the auto refresh thing on 3 sales and never got anything. I don’t think they are intelligent enough to stop when you need them to. I trust myself more than auto refresh 

Ref my previous post it's reasonably certain that you don't need it to stop the instant a booking page is obtained, and that a subsequent refresh will simply reload the same page rather than lose it. 

It is all down to luck but I believe a mixture of manual refresh on one device, plus auto refresh running on one or more others, to be the most effective method of maximising your request attempts - particularly where there may only be one of you. 

11 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

I’ve tried the auto refresh thing on 3 sales and never got anything. I don’t think they are intelligent enough to stop when you need them to. I trust myself more than auto refresh 

There is an auto refresh where you set it to stop refreshing when a certain word disappears meaning it got to the Main purchase section

1 hour ago, TGCarr said:

There is an auto refresh where you set it to stop refreshing when a certain word disappears meaning it got to the Main purchase section

Be careful with this....I seem to remember that much of the reg detail screen is actually gif images rather than text.....specifically so that such tools won't be able to read it and therefore not work. 

8 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

I’m going to throw my fiver on it being £299 for a ticket, think they will want to keep it under £300 as a mental barrier for people. 

Won’t stop the complaining mind, but arguably festivals haven’t been “affordable” for at least 10 years

Good logic. Hope you're right but don't think you will be. 

I'm going £310. 

10 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

I’m going to throw my fiver on it being £299 for a ticket, think they will want to keep it under £300 as a mental barrier for people. 

Won’t stop the complaining mind, but arguably festivals haven’t been “affordable” for atleast 10 years

Would I pay £300+ for a ticket?

Possibly, but I wouldn't want to go to Glastonbury as a punter.

15 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Won’t stop the complaining mind, but arguably festivals haven’t been “affordable” for atleast 10 years

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Good logic. Hope you're right but don't think you will be. 

I'm going £310. 

I think it will be £325.

3 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I don't think so personally. Would there be any point? More in the bank for GFL to earn interest on I suppose... 

More to pat VAT on after a non-trading quarter too. 

That said, they will be aware of the cost of living situation and it wouldn't surprise me to see a proper payment by instalments scheme come in this year as a lot of people will find it hard to pay the balance payment in one go.  

Just now, gazzared said:

Ah, looks like they've taken the holding page down for good for now. Cheers!

3 hours ago, stuie said:

I think it will be £325.

More to pat VAT on after a non-trading quarter too. 

That said, they will be aware of the cost of living situation and it wouldn't surprise me to see a proper payment by instalments scheme come in this year as a lot of people will find it hard to pay the balance payment in one go.  

The current system is so you can pay the balance in a new tax year, any changes to  the system would have to force up the price in the ticket .

you have 6 months after you pay the deposit so you can easily save it each month 

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

The current system is so you can pay the balance in a new tax year, any changes to  the system would have to force up the price in the ticket .

you have 6 months after you pay the deposit so you can easily save it each month 

I don’t pay, but I don’t think it’s safe to assume people can easily save anything over the next 6 months!