ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

4 weeks till main sale 

Had my first ticket nightmare on that note. Had no ticket, turned up anyway then managed to buy tickets for our group at the box office.

Only issue is that it was one of those touch screen machines like you get at the train station so had to put in 6 registrations and postcodes on that plus pay before the 5 minutes was up 😂

• Like 1

Anyone got a recommendation on an auto refresh extension for Chrome, and how many seconds it should be set for?

I prefer the traditional F5 button but I'm likely to have 2 laptops, alongside a phone, on the go this year. Given I'm not an octopus, I'll probably give an extension a go on one of the laptops

5 hours ago, mufcok said:

Anyone got a recommendation on an auto refresh extension for Chrome, and how many seconds it should be set for?

I prefer the traditional F5 button but I'm likely to have 2 laptops, alongside a phone, on the go this year. Given I'm not an octopus, I'll probably give an extension a go on one of the laptops

Easy Auto Refresh is worth a try. I’d set any secondary device to 1.5 seconds and make sure it’s not using the same connection (i.e. use a phone hotspot or something). I’ve read that if it refreshes after you get through, it won’t kick you out and will retain that screen although that’s contrary to what I thought and I’d be scared to test it! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Easy Auto Refresh … I’ve read that if it refreshes after you get through, it won’t kick you out and will retain that screen although that’s contrary to what I thought and I’d be scared to test it! 

That’s a good point, I worry about it, do we have a definitive answer on this?

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

if you use anything auto you get what the auto is designed to do, which isn't necessarily what you'd want it to do.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I used Easy Auto Refresh on Chrome for the 2019 sale.  Set to 3 seconds so that if I got a page it would be enough to reach over and stop it before a subsequent refresh and losing the page. 

When it came to it and I did get a booking page up I forgot to stop the refresh and went to start entering reg details....the page then auto-refreshed but it simply reloaded. I was able then to stop it and enter the reg details etc. 

Pretty sure therefore that the system is set to maintain your session for 10 minutes once you have it and through session 'persistence' and 'keep-alive' it's yours until the transaction is finished or the 10 minutes times out. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I used Easy Auto Refresh on Chrome for the 2019 sale.  Set to 3 seconds so that if I got a page it would be enough to reach over and stop it before a subsequent refresh and losing the page. 

When it came to it and I did get a booking page up I forgot to stop the refresh and went to start entering reg details....the page then auto-refreshed but it simply reloaded. I was able then to stop it and enter the reg details etc. 

Pretty sure therefore that the system is set to maintain your session for 10 minutes once you have it and through session 'persistence' and 'keep-alive' it's yours until the transaction is finished or the 10 minutes times out. 

There is of course the chance that the subsequent refresh loaded a completely fresh booking page....but given demand I think this is somewhat remote. 

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Or Tue ? 

My guess is they'd leave a bit of breathing room, so Wednesday at the earliest. It's not like it needs to be out there urgently, especially if - as expected - the sale is around the second weekend of October. It'd still be plenty of notice.

Though the more I think about it, maybe they will go with this week as usual. The announcement will literally just be the ticket sale date and maybe the price, so it shouldn't generate any blowback except from the people who are really desperate to slag off the festival and they'll do so for any reason they can find regardless.

21 minutes ago, incident said:

My guess is they'd leave a bit of breathing room, so Wednesday at the earliest. It's not like it needs to be out there urgently, especially if - as expected - the sale is around the second weekend of October. It'd still be plenty of notice.

Though the more I think about it, maybe they will go with this week as usual. The announcement will literally just be the ticket sale date and maybe the price, so it shouldn't generate any blowback except from the people who are really desperate to slag off the festival and they'll do so for any reason they can find regardless.

I was thinking more like next Tue after the funeral … no real need to do it this week … 

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

All they really need to do at this point is quietly update the ticket page on the main site and then Tweet out "Coach tickets on sale 6th Oct. General sale 9th Oct"

Doesn't need to be anything grander than that, can't see why they can't do that Thurs/Fri this week.

if they wait till then which they might do .... then waiting until tue next week will make no difference ... 

Just now, JoeyT said:

Think we'll be touching £320 with all the seeticket taxes thrown in.

Yeah actually, I had a thought after I'd posted my last message I was like, 3 years since the last sale is probs £30 (tenner a year) then a bit of inflation increase. 320 might be it. Wonder if the deposit will stay 50 or go up to 60 or even 75.

35 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I can’t see the prices being less than the current inflation rates, which would mean around £308 as the lowest we can hope for. But they may have to be careful and factor in more, at the moment they’ll have no idea what their energy costs may be next year, for example. 

Their energy costs this year were probably far higher than what they expected when they set the price at the end of February kind of time too.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales