LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

No wow moment, but been to enough to know it’ll still be great and there will be no regretting the entry price.

Last year, I saw 9 acts from the original poster drop and properly saw ~40 performances over the weekend. I can see at least 9 acts from that poster (clashes notwithstanding) that I’d happily go and see, so it’ll be grand.

Gutted there’s no Underworld

20 minutes ago, dogeggs said:

Looks nicer without the green. 

It’s a good year to be a volunteer. No cant-miss names there for me, but plenty to see and look forward to if I’m off shift.

Maybe a bit gutted there’s no Chaka on there tho.

I hope I'm not working during Justice.

13 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Definitely the weakest line up for me since I started following the festival around 15 years ago.

Will be interesting to see how people find the resale

at least the resalers will know what they're getting. main saler's can no longer count on a stella line-up.

maybe having g'nr last year made agents think they'll take any old shite!

6 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Sugababes on the lineup too. Missed them. More Rewind Festival stuff.

Kind of thing that would have been on the Avalon and Acoustic - and held back until those individual stage posters dropped - until Crowd Gate in 2022 made them think twice about novelty act placements . Surprised Sophie Ellis Bextor hasn’t popped up too. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Faithless, The Breeders, This is the Kit, London Grammar, Fontaines, half of Woodsies - especially ALVVAYS, Squid, Jordan Rakei, Black Pumas, Jungle, Justice, Last Dinner Party, Bloc Party, Confidence Man, IDLES, the National, Michael Kiwanuka, PJ Harvey, Little Simz, LCD Soundsystem, Coldplay.

That's pretty bloody awesome and I have been selective here.

If anyone hands their ticket back, on the basis of the lineup alone - amazing. I will drink your salty tears instead of a Berocca and pray that the likes of @nikkic get your ticket.

Maybe Glastonbury isn't for you? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Superscally said:

f anyone hands their ticket back, on the basis of the lineup alone - amazing

it will probably be on the basis of £300 for that line-up.

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Faithless, The Breeders, This is the Kit, London Grammar, Fontaines, half of Woodsies - especially ALVVAYS, Squid, Jordan Rakei, Black Pumas, Jungle, Justice, Last Dinner Party, Bloc Party, Confidence Man, IDLES, the National, Michael Kiwanuka, PJ Harvey, Little Simz, LCD Soundsystem, Coldplay.

If anyone hands their ticket back, on the basis of the lineup alone - amazing. I will drink your salty tears instead of a Berocca and pray that the likes of @nikkic get your ticket.

Just because the lineup this year isn’t to certain people’s tastes doesn’t mean Glastonbury ‘isn’t for them’.

£350 is a lot of money and people are within their rights to criticise what they perceive to be a weak lineup, much like you are within your rights to praise it 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Sugababes on the lineup too. Missed them. More Rewind Festival stuff.

Rubbish. They're not 'Rewind Festival stuff' they're very popular and are now rightfully being acknowledged as a very influential group. Their set will be rammed because they have loads of great tunes.
Not your thing? Fine, but they're far from some washed up has beens.

17 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

No wow moment, but been to enough to know it’ll still be great and there will be no regretting the entry price.

Last year, I saw 9 acts from the original poster drop and properly saw ~40 performances over the weekend. I can see at least 9 acts from that poster (clashes notwithstanding) that I’d happily go and see, so it’ll be grand.

Gutted there’s no Underworld

Me too - I did hope, but always thought three nights in a row would be a push.

1 hour ago, ticketboy69 said:

This is the first year we haven’t got tickets and I was expecting my heart to be broken when I saw the poster…now I’m relatively okay about not going and will probably give the resale a miss and go on holiday instead!

Same. Booked Kiwanuka and National gigs instead.

I'm just sooo glad I was at 2022! Not going to get any better than that is it. That was my most magic festival. Just seems like some HUGE missed opportunities this year, must just come down to cost and an industry shift in general that festivals aren't worth playing for the money and best to stick to your own tour 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm 35...seems like they've just picked the most boring acts from 'my day' and stuck them on a poster because they would never have been asked to play back then but they're so gagging to say 'they've played glasto' that they're doing it now for cheap to fill up the lineup. Lol...just what it looks like to me

However, I REALLY hope this means areas like Theatre and Circus and the greenfields etc get some extra traffic and well deserved attention from crowds this year. Those areas are so special and unique. Also, I can't wait for the late night lineups this year 👏🏼👏🏼 

I'll have a blinder regardless 😊

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Most of what you said are on my list. Ive also seen the majority. I'm not going this year due to a family commitment first one I've missed since 2014. 

Lineup is weak for me personally and for £350 it starts pricing me out. Before travel, food etc 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Rubbish. They're not 'Rewind Festival stuff' they're very popular and are now rightfully being acknowledged as a very influential group. Their set will be rammed because they have loads of great tunes.
Not your thing? Fine, but they're far from some washed up has beens.

I didn't call anyone washed up has beens. But I've just had a look on Spotify to see where their current masterpieces are and I can't see anything recent, or anything that suggests they're not just around for nostalgic reasons.

Screenshot_20240314-091855~2.png

Edited by CharlotteB

If I'm counting right, there are still 4 names to be released for Pyramid, 9 for Other, 6 for West Holts, 7 for Woodsies, and 7 for The Park.

So plenty more potential! I'm a little underwhelmed, but it will still be amazing.

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Most of what you said are on my list. Ive also seen the majority. I'm not going this year due to a family commitment first one I've missed since 2014. 

Lineup is weak for me personally and for £350 it starts pricing me out. Before travel, food etc 

Ah yeah man, I'm sad for people who can't go in advance that would like to go, and to people worried about the cost but to see a lineup and sack it off is entitled behaviour...

4 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

I didn't call anyone washed up has beens. But I've just had a look on Spotify to see where their current masterpieces are and I can't see anything recent, or anything that suggests they're not just around for nostalgic reasons.

They were involved in a long legal battle for the right to even use the name Sugababes. The original lineup is back together now for the first time in years.
New album coming this year - first single from it did very well.

They're not just around for nostalgic reasons.