LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

19 minutes ago, incident said:

Just to clarify - are you saying that the act in question has already been provided with a copy of this years gif?

Or just talking in more general terms that they'll have it before the lineup comes out?

Just in general, they haven't got it (if acts are sent it as a matter of course).

16 minutes ago, kpins said:

Well who is it then 🤔 

I've given names of who I know about to @Avalon_Fields, they're on the rumours page.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, incident said:

Yep there's only a small difference - that's why I was quite precise (and accurate) with what I said.

My basic point is that it's far too early to be getting impatient. You'll only end up frustrating yourself if it ends up being another 4 weeks (I don't think it'll be that long, but it can't be ruled out - especially if they're trying to fill a vacant headline spot).

I'm reasonably confident that we'll get a small number of names on Thursday when Emily is at Oxford (she has history of dropping names at things like that), so hopefully that'll keep people going for a bit.

I can imagine even if she doesn't drop any names on Thursday she could say something like "2 of our headliners this year are female" which would be a massive hint for us.

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

I can imagine even if she doesn't drop any names on Thursday she could say something like "2 of our headliners this year are female" which would be a massive hint for us.

I haven’t looked into this appearance on Thursday but isn’t it about women in the industry? If so, there’s every possibility we’ll have some new words from Emily to dissect and obsess over! 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

I haven’t looked into this appearance on Thursday but isn’t it about women in the industry? If so, there’s every possibility we’ll have some new words from Emily to dissect and obsess over! 

I think it’ll be a “which is why this year we’re having… on the pyramid” announcement/comment and we’ll get a few names dropped

3 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

I think it’ll be a “which is why this year we’re having… on the pyramid” announcement/comment and we’ll get a few names dropped

Yep exactly that.

Something to illustrate their commitment.

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Emily did say she wanted to drop the poster early in the year before any other announcement though. So although it may be early compared to other years it is also late to have no names and late-ish according to the rough timeline she set out

Emily says lots of things that don't come to pass.  I'm starting to wonder if it's genuine smoke & mirrors as opposed to well intentioned but misguided promises.

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Emily says lots of things that don't come to pass.  I'm starting to wonder if it's genuine smoke & mirrors as opposed to well intentioned but misguided promises.

any idea what gain there would be with smoke and mirrors?

if you play a game its cos you want a result?

1 minute ago, Neil said:

any idea what gain there would be with smoke and mirrors?

if you play a game its cos you want a result?

I just meant it sometimes feels like we're being deliberately thrown off the scent.

On 3/1/2024 at 7:13 PM, Ben7amin_ said:

Anyone can get the head liners right!

I think you will find they are all mentioned in my post. 

Coldplay, Dua Lipa, Blur, Pulp Madonna, Kylie, Kings Of Leon, Queen, Foals, Wolf Alice, Young Fathers, Pink, Blue, Greenday, Orange Sim Card, Little Simz, The Boss,  Rhianna, Foo Fighters, Dave, David Brent, David Copperfield,  Resurrected David Bowie, Ghost, Tupac hologram, U2, Three Blind Mice, Four Tet, Lady Gaga, Spice Girls, Ice Spice, Vanilla Ice, O Rod, Michael Eavis, Muse, Noel/ Liam pretending it's a new band but still playing Oasis songs, Radohead, Radiohead side project, Florence and or the machine, Harry Styles, Prince Harry,  Chase and or Status, Adele, Hewlet Packard, Sleep Token,  REM, ELO, OPM, Killers, Apologetic Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Beans On Toast, Eminem, Beyonce, Fred, Kanye, Fred Again. 

You forgot Mika mate

18 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I heard this week that someone involved with one of the acts that are playing has no idea when the line-up is coming out. Basically if the act knows, they will know.

Now given they all have that "I'm/We're Playing Glastonbury" gif ready to go, and we know Avalanches had it at least 12 hours early as they tweeted it early from the wrong time-zone, I'd say it ain't coming tomorrow. 

I'm sticking with my prediction of 8am Tuesday*.

*until 08:01 Tuesday.

Good analysis + insight

3 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

If the SZA intel is correct, now that she's announced for BST means we'll get the poster or at least an announcement soon? Do we think this is, party at least, the reason for the hold up?

At this point there's no hold up, and also no strong word on SZA. The poster being released now would still be unusually early, and SZA is considered a possibility rather than nailed on.

23 minutes ago, incident said:

At this point there's no hold up, and also no strong word on SZA. The poster being released now would still be unusually early, and SZA is considered a possibility rather than nailed on.

Given the quality of the sources stating stevie is out and SZA is in i'd consider her pretty nailed on really

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Given the quality of the sources stating stevie is out and SZA is in i'd consider her pretty nailed on really

Last I heard, those sources were still hedging their bets on her.

• Upvote 1