What areas / stages have you never visited?

blutarsky

I was having a think about this earlier while doing my clashfinder, as there's so much I want to see. I basically need to cover almost every inch of the site...

Anyway, I realised that despite only having attended in '17 and '19 (and that was while working 32 hours of the festival), I've covered a lot of ground. I've seen an act or had a properly good bimble in most areas. 

image.png.6d43be7a9b6f75aee3ae2312ed0659e4.png

The big holes are as follows: 

Silver Hayes - only ever passed through, but there's stuff there I definitely want to get to this year, so should rectify that. Verdict - WILL VISIT THIS YEAR. 
Leftfield - Jamie Webster a possibility. Actually passed it a lot in 2017 as we went from WV to meet friends at Yeoman's bridge every day, but never dipped in properly, just a quick glance into the tent. Verdict - MAYBE THIS YEAR. 
William's Green - should fix that on Thursday this year. Verdict - WILL VISIT THIS YEAR. 
Acoustic area - camping in CV East this time, so will probably explore a bit and catch a bit of something. Verdict - PROBABLY NOT THIS YEAR. 
Avalon - I don't drink ale... but being serious, there's a lot on there I'd see, but won't prioritise. Verdict - PROBABLY NOT THIS YEAR. 
Croissant Neuf - Not across my upcoming music enough to know the small acts playing here, and even if I were it'd probably be low priority. Verdict - PROBABLY NOT THIS YEAR. 
Common - Given I've finished almost every night I've spent at the festival in the SEC I've somehow never made it to the Common. A few Rumshack and Temple gigs I'm very keen on in '22. Verdict - WILL VISIT THIS YEAR. 
Strummerville - On paper, right up my street. Shockingly never made it there in '17 despite the fact there was a lot on the lineup there I fancied AND we were camping at WV. Unfortunately we headed out for the day before it started and headed home after it had finished. Going to make a pilgrimage there this year. Verdict - WILL VISIT THIS YEAR. 

EDIT: Secret Piano Bar, but I did explore it at Worthy pastures in '21 so going to say I've been haha.

So that should mean I make it to half those areas this time around. 

What about you? Surely eFests has some veterans who've made it almost everywhere.  

Edited by blutarsky

Not sure I've ever been up to Strummerville myself, try again this year.

Still not been in the Rabbit Hole. Does anyone know the difference with Rabbit Hole / Rabbit Hole Funkingham Palace? I'm thinking the latter is the first / 'obvious' one you come to - then the main one is the much talked about crawl in / riddle on entry etc. Is that right?

Also - does anyone know where the 'Village Inn' is that's listed on the line-up?

Rabbit Hole and the NYC Downlow are the obvious misses for me. Finally spent time at Strummerville last time out, I can highly recommend.

Come to think of it, I've not done a set at the Crows nest either, quite fancy breaking that duck this year.

Edited by Hotchilidog

Strummerville is a must - definitely worth the hike up there!

I think I've covered most of the festival now, but along the same lines as this, I have a Glastonbury "bucket list" of things yet to experience...

1. See an act on the Acoustic Stage
  2. Watch a circus performance in the Big Top
  3. Go to absolutely anything at Leftfield
  4. Do a salsa or other class at Glasto Latino (have watched but never participated)
  5. Get a massage in the Healing Fields
  6. See in the early hours in The Temple (a must for 2022)
  7. Get inside NYC Downlow (another must for 2022, queues expected)
  8. Go to Cineramageddon
  9. Fall down the Rabbit Hole!!
  10. Find the piano bar!!!
  11. Have a pint from the Cider Bus (can't believe I've never done this)

Anyone else ticking off a few things from their Glasto Bucket List this year? 

41 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Never done Rabbit Hole/Funkingham Palace, Strummerville. Never had a proper look at the Theatre areas I’ve passed through them. 

the circus tent is amazing if you need to take an hour out.  Always some really good stuff in there and nice and dry (not that its going to be wet)

• Upvote 1

One thing that was drilled into me by a friend of a friend that I went to my first Glastonbury was you have to see the whole site and experience stuff away from the main stages so actually my very first Glastonbury I made sure to watch an acoustic stage set, spent a fair amount of time in the Theatre and Circus fields, wandered around the Greenfields and to this day I still try and balance seeing those big acts with getting a sense of the smaller areas that make up the heart of the festival. 

I always go around SEC mainly to see the artwork and before it gets busy as my husband hates crowds. Most of the music there isn't really my thing. I prefer live music to DJ's for a start. I have no appreciation for the skill of the DJ for which I apologise profusely but nobody can love everything. 

I don't do anything at Glastonbury that involves a long queue so consequently there are plenty of things I have never done like climbing the ribbon tower. I've never actually done any crafts either despite sending lots of time in those fields. I think I have seen something in every area you mentioned. I've never found the underground piano bar but again from stories I have heard I don't feel like I am missing out on that. 

I would seriously recommend Williams Green, for me it is the absolute best spot at Glasto. Always has up and coming bands before they are 6music'd

In terms of never been, Silver Hayes for me is nothing but a spectacle as I walk from Park to John Peel. I wish I was into dance music because it looks absolutely class, I just can't get away with it

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

Not sure I've ever been up to Strummerville myself, try again this year.

Still not been in the Rabbit Hole. Does anyone know the difference with Rabbit Hole / Rabbit Hole Funkingham Palace? I'm thinking the latter is the first / 'obvious' one you come to - then the main one is the much talked about crawl in / riddle on entry etc. Is that right?

Also - does anyone know where the 'Village Inn' is that's listed on the line-up?

First time I went Funkingham palace was 2019, Carl Cox secret set after Chem Bros. One of the best venues at the festival IMO, can see why the queue is so big all the time. I'd recommend checking it out if there's anyone on the line up you remotely fancy.

In terms of the difference - the one with the big queue 😄.

Edited by CJL9494

Been to the Rabbit Hole, but never went in the secret performance area (is that now Funkingham Palace?)

Never seen a circus act in the big top.

Never been to the secret underground piano bar.

Pilton Palais/Cinemageddon, or whatever it's called (but why waste time at Glasto watching a film??)

Lost Horizons Sauna.

Think that's it.  Of these, the ones I'd most like to tick off are Lost Horizons and the Piano Bar.

1 hour ago, CJL9494 said:

First time I went Funkingham palace was 2019, Carl Cox secret set after Chem Bros. One of the best venues at the festival IMO, can see why the queue is so big all the time. I'd recommend checking it out if there's anyone on the line up you remotely fancy.

In terms of the difference - the one with the big queue 😄.

So Funkingham Palace is the one you have to crawl into, have I got it the wrong way round?

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

So Funkingham Palace is the one you have to crawl into, have I got it the wrong way round?

Yes thats it. Once you're in its got its own cocktail bar and toilets too. Funktion one sound system. Can't go wrong really.

Dua Lipa turned up with her family at the end of his set, can't imagine she queued though...

Maybe spend a night after the stages finish in SEC. This will be Glastonbury number 12 and I don't think I've done it in full. I'm not really into the music there so it's no real surprise. It's a shame as the venues are great. Warmduscher are on at 4am I've noticed one night though - we'll see...

Also not been since 2016 so there's probably a lot new.

Also never been up the ribbon tower - there's always a queue and the hill behind is higher so I don't see the point. Never been to the piano bar.

Will see my first West Holts headliner with Little Simz this year.

Edited by Chip Batch

Never been in NYC Downlow, Rabbit Hole, Piano Bar, The Woods or the massive tent in Silver Hayes  Last went in the Circus tent probably in about 1998.

As a veteran (21st this year!) have been to most places- have not done: 

ribbon tower ( queues) 

Rabbit Hole  ( ditto) 

silent disco ( ditto) 

bbc introducing 

some of the silver hayes venues but they have changed some of that this year. 
Pilton Palais 

have visited but not seen a film at cineramageddon

Some of the SE corner venues- passed through all but not gone in every one. 

Otherwise have managed to see/experience everything else! I like that there are always new areas to explore ( The Woods, Glastonbury on Sea etc) but still the old familiar favourites. The layout has changed a bit over the years but I like how I always know where I am on site. For those of you who haven’t explored outside the main stage areas it’s worth checking out all the wider stuff Glastonbury has to offer 😀