Maceo's

vigo

40 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

In previous years, it's only been some of the ones that double as artist hospitality that have excluded EPO only people - so Park, Silver Hayes, Avalon, Woodsies in particular.  West Holts was open to all crew last year, which was a nice change (especially given their excellent location).  Acoustic can sometimes be  "only for Acoustic Crew" occasionally - weirdly more so before the show, when they get a bit fed up with being swamped by massive roving groups of volunteers on bar crawls.  All of them may get a bit more exclusive when they're busy, but it's unusual that this happens.

In 2019 we could get into the Avalon backstage bar (Pink's or Pinky's I think it's called) with a T&C wristband. Had a West Holts wristband last year but I don't remember trying to get into any other backstage bars. 

Edited by Johnnyseven

12 hours ago, kalifire said:

People who have access tend to be disproportionately praiseworthy about restricted areas, in my experience. It's just confirmation bias. I'm sure some backstage bars are great, but who's going to sweat it when they're backstage to the best place on earth for a few days anyway? 

Agree to all this.

But I was still surprised at how plush Tow & Hitch was. Very fancy.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But I was still surprised at how plush Tow & Hitch was. Very fancy.

The viewing platform and fire to stand around when it gets cold are big pluses for the Tow & Hitch as well.

We had a drink in there on the Sunday last year and it was weird how nice it was to just sit on a proper chair at a wood table with your pint. Once you hit day seven on the farm, it's the little things.

I think there's something about knowing that if I pop into the T&H at around 6-7pm any day of the festival, I'll probably bump into a couple of mates that makes it feel a bit special as well - it's like a little bit more 'normal' and less chaotic than the rest of the festival.

On 5/16/2022 at 11:54 AM, Guest said:

May be a controversial opinion but the site is huge with a ton of bars and venues - let the crew have somewhere they can chill out and just relax - would you try to get into the interstage area or the area where all the food is stored?

Yes, yes I would

I love Tow and Hitch, nice seating and decor, great viewing platform for Arcadia.. I don’t tend to spend a lot of time in bars at Glastonbury, just get a drink and wander, but T&H changed my opinion of that.

I enjoyed Maceos too, had a really good dance in the horse box 🙃 Will miss them this year when I’m not working.

9 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I miss the one that used to have a fire for this reason. Can't remember the name. Someone's name possibly? Was a Godsend in 2016 to have a moment. Maybe the last year it was there?

I remember a fire in the backstage bar of rabbit hole, and that would have been about 2016 I think

Edited by PollyPeach

As I camp in the Arcadia crew area the Tow and Hitch is a bit of a local and it makes the festival for me. Not that I don't enjoy everywhere else. Its just its a proper amazing space, great djs on and the viewing platform is ace, especially when Arcadia is in full swing.

Like Maceos as well during the day when its a bit more chilled.

The ques to get in on a night were insane last year, almost as bad as the NYC downlow,  there was just loads of mullered punters in the que thinking it was a normal venue ha

1 hour ago, bigbilly said:

As I camp in the Arcadia crew area the Tow and Hitch is a bit of a local and it makes the festival for me. Not that I don't enjoy everywhere else. Its just its a proper amazing space, great djs on

Like Maceos as well during the day when its a bit more chilled.

Interesting. Only been in Tow and Hitch once, 2017  I think. Saturday night after midnight, it was more or less empty and no music.

9 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Interesting. Only been in Tow and Hitch once, 2017  I think. Saturday night after midnight, it was more or less empty and no music.

Yeah got djs on although they may tone it down when the shows on, not sure you'd hear the system in the pub. Was carnage outside last year and crushes so it was welcome respite from the crowd

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, oxfam volunteer 2 said:

Was it usually a crew bar that's just hard to get into for oxfam for example , or strictly circus ??

The Green Room was always very strictly T&C crew, performers and exclusively invited guests, but who knows if that will change this year. 

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

The Green Room was always very strictly T&C crew, performers and exclusively invited guests, but who knows if that will change this year. 

Very strict this year, I have a T&C band but that is only allowing acces from mid-day to 3AM - so i can't get in early for a fried breakfast 😕

I don't think they are allowiing any other wristbands in.

Interestingly Maceos is also mega strict, so far anyway, I have a plethora of other bands, but not a Block9 and not allowid in last night or tuesday night.

6 hours ago, tarw said:

I’ve found The Open Arms in Silver Hayes to be better than Maceos this year

Any ides on what other crew bands can get in there? abuddy of mine is working there but is terrible at replying to mesages, othersie i'd just ask 😄