Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

, with potentially a Billy Joe Strummerville stripped back set

Now that would be awesome! But I mean, it was starting to get a bit out of hand up there when Frank turner played a secret set in 2019, people trying to climb the fence to get in. Really don’t think it would be safe for a green day set, stripped back or not. 

6 hours ago, Jamm said:

If I get any sort of credible rumour of Arcade Fire doing a secret set I’m willing to write off my entire day to be at the front.

6 hours ago, Miyn said:

Hopefully see you down the front if they play! If there's something good on the JP, I'll definitely go to that though. But I'd head to the Park straight after, hoping to get as close to the front as possible.

Their new guitarist has got a solo tour planned over Glastonbury in the states so thats them almost completely ruled out I’d say. 

Edited by FloorFiller

Considering we’ve now had two separate (I think?) posters come in with two tip offs from people apparently in the know on Jack White being there, he’s gotta be the front runner more than anybody else, surely? I’d put him in the JP slot, myself.

As for the other… all to play for, really, but I’m expecting somebody big given the late in the day/if you go see all of DRoss you probably ain’t getting in slot they’ve got at the Park. Imagine hoards will pour in that direction from the Pyramid field once she’s finished and be turned away despite the hour gap between her finishing/this starting. 

4 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

Greenday make sense for the John Peel and they are touring with Amyl and the sniffers who are playing JP Same day.

Hmm it seems really unlikely that they’d have a secret Glastonbury set less than 24 hours after a huge stadium show and with another on the way the next day… but that Babington House info is interesting. I suspect it’s bullshit, and the Amyl thing really doesn’t mean much, but one to keep an eye on, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

At the same time I was told about Greenday being booked in at Babington House I was also told another certain artist was booked in to stay there but it sounds so mental I don't know if I believe it or even want to share it 😂

Please do. Love a hilarious rumour in the lead up to shake things up and for people to latch on to only to be disappointed when one of the TBAs is somebody far more beige.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

At the same time I was told about Greenday being booked in at Babington House I was also told another certain artist was booked in to stay there but it sounds so mental I don't know if I believe it or even want to share it 😂

You can't just drop this on us and the leave us in the dark 😛 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Please do. Love a hilarious rumour in the lead up to shake things up and for people to latch on to only to be disappointed when one of the TBAs is somebody far more beige.

Right, so I was also told in this exact fashion "a certain Mr M Mathers" is booked in to stay at Babington House as well.

My response (not knowing any of Kendrick's stuff that well or even if their is a link between the two) was to initially laugh then express my disbelief as I see no way in a million years he'd do a secret set but followed up by saying perhaps he'll come on with Kendrick as a special guest or something.

But having looked online this morning there doesn't to be anything suggesting that apart from they've ever performed together live, unless anyone who knows Kendrick / Eminem's stuff better?

Also, does Kendrick do special guests? I have no idea.

Anyway, my mate then said (he definitely believed what he was told even if I didn't!) he wondered if it might be a case that Eminem isn't necessarily performing but coming over to watch Kendrick / scope out the festival because perhaps he's been asked to perform next year?

I'll leave it for you guys to tear apart now!

Edited by JoeyT

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Aah mate .... you can't just leave it at that. All rumours welcome on here

*edit - saw you just posted it - thanks

Edited by circus92

Just now, JoeyT said:

Right, so I was also told in this exact fashion "a certain Mr M Mathers" is booked in.

My response (not knowing any of Kendrick's stuff that well or even if their is a link between the two) was to initially laugh then express my disbelief but follow up by saying perhaps he'll come on with Kendrick as a special guest or something.

But having looked online this morning there doesn't to be anything suggesting that apart from they've ever performed together live, unless anyone who knows Kendrick / Eminem's stuff better?

Anyway, my mate then said (he definitely believed what he was told even if I didn't!) he wondered if it might be a case that Eminem isn't necessarily performing but coming over to watch Kendrick / scope out the festival because perhaps he's been asked to perform next year?

For some reason I just really don't see Eminem as someone the festival would go after. 

Appreciate the info as always @JoeyT, even if I do doubt this one. Plus, as mentioned above, the speculation is always fun! 

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Right, so I was also told in this exact fashion "a certain Mr M Mathers" is booked in to stay at Babington House as well.

My response (not knowing any of Kendrick's stuff that well or even if their is a link between the two) was to initially laugh then express my disbelief as I see no way in a million years he'd do a secret set but followed up by saying perhaps he'll come on with Kendrick as a special guest or something.

They’ve got a song together but not exactly a well known banger or one you’d imagine Kendrick would bring him out for. Also don’t see the festival wanting to bother with him to headline for a lot of reasons… but thanks for the info anyway. Hope it spreads like wildfire and a bunch of Eminem fans turn up only to be greeted with Jack White wailing on his guitar. 

Hey pals, has anyone got a brief rundown of any confirmed acts for the secret slots and also any strong rumours? 

Trying to scroll pack through 49 pages to understand what has been shared is proving a tad tricky.

thank you 

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

For some reason I just really don't see Eminem as someone the festival would go after. 

Appreciate the info as always @JoeyT, even if I do doubt this one. Plus, as mentioned above, the speculation is always fun! 

I don't even know if I'd class it as info tbh. Unlike the Arcadia / headliner stuff I was told back in January which came from a straight up legit source.

This is just some of the shite you hear living fairly local to the festival which 99.9% time turns out to be rubbish.

1 minute ago, doodlesbyben said:

Hey pals, has anyone got a brief rundown of any confirmed acts for the secret slots and also any strong rumours? 

Trying to scroll pack through 49 pages to understand what has been shared is proving a tad tricky.

thank you 

In terms of the big ones, we’ve got nothing. Chemical Brothers DJ set being a TBA on Arcadia on Friday is about as big of a ‘confirmed’ secret set as we have right now - the two big Sunday ones are completely up in the air.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JoeyT said:

This could be absolute horse shit but been told Greenday are booked in at Babington House next weekend to stay.

Of course it might be that they’re attending the festival rather than playing it. Prince was there in 2015 IIRC as part of GFL’s attempts to get him to play. 

2 minutes ago, musky said:

Of course it might be that they’re attending the festival rather than playing it. Prince was there in 2015 IIRC as part of GFL’s attempts to get him to play. 

Although apparently Billie Joe has already visited the site in ‘19 so don’t see why he’d do a retcon of the place again

15 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

thank you 

Check out the confirmed secret sets thread 

the TL;Dr is we know hardly anything

Edited by Radi0Head
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although apparently Billie Joe has already visited the site in ‘19 so don’t see why he’d do a retcon of the place again

Ah, I didn’t know that. Makes it far less likely. Maybe he enjoyed it and fancied turning up again? Or it’s just a coincidence... or it’s all just a BS rumour. Not really much to go on, although it does make the speculation that much more intense. 🙂