Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

25 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Right, so I was also told in this exact fashion "a certain Mr M Mathers" is booked in to stay at Babington House as well.

My response (not knowing any of Kendrick's stuff that well or even if their is a link between the two) was to initially laugh then express my disbelief as I see no way in a million years he'd do a secret set but followed up by saying perhaps he'll come on with Kendrick as a special guest or something.

But having looked online this morning there doesn't to be anything suggesting that apart from they've ever performed together live, unless anyone who knows Kendrick / Eminem's stuff better?

Also, does Kendrick do special guests? I have no idea.

Anyway, my mate then said (he definitely believed what he was told even if I didn't!) he wondered if it might be a case that Eminem isn't necessarily performing but coming over to watch Kendrick / scope out the festival because perhaps he's been asked to perform next year?

I'll leave it for you guys to tear apart now!

Want to believe the green day info but find it unlikely that Eminem would book his own room, under his own name…would love to be proved wrong. 

big fan of this speculation this close to the festival though. Hope we have no idea until the day off and see posters/flags like biffy did all that time ago 

47 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

Hey pals, has anyone got a brief rundown of any confirmed acts for the secret slots and also any strong rumours? 

Trying to scroll pack through 49 pages to understand what has been shared is proving a tad tricky.

thank you 

wouldn't say there's any strong rumours but for the secret slots the main names being thrown about are:

Green Day, Jack White, 1975, The War on Drugs, Arctic Monkeys, The Smile, Anderson .Paak, Harry Styles, Paulo Nutini (also Mumford and Sons and Bastille for the Thursday William's Green slot) At this stage, trying to guess who it will be feels like picking the grand national winner.

If I had to bet though, I'd go for Green Day and The War on Drugs based on the current info. And Mumford for that William's Green slot

Edited by downtherabbithole

18 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I can't even begin to let this slip into my mind. I would be in pieces.

It's far too difficult for them logistically to do so. 

This is were I stand! 

Green Day were my favourite band as a teenager and I've seen them 7 times (with the last being about 16 years ago). 

If they walk out at 2pm in JP, I'd literally lose my mind. For that reason, it can;t and wont happen. 

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

all dependent on whether the info comes out before or not

It almost definitely will. They’ve done a good job of keeping it quiet thus far, but I can’t see them keeping it a secret right up until the band walks out on stage. Plus, crowds will swarm regardless in the hope that it’s Arctic Monkeys or something even if a strong rumour of it being somebody else is out there. 

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Jack White in John Peel, War on Drugs on the Park. That's where my money is at right now.

War on Drugs are no way near big enough for a tbc of that calibre. When I previous years its been huge house hold names

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

With you on Jack White. Really don’t see the Park one being TWOD though - mass exodus waiting to happen imo. 

TWOD would probably land around 3rd from top on the Pyramid if they were announced. Isn't that a fairly big name for the Park? Not sure we'll have anyone that much bigger than that. Maybe Biffy if they could leg it down from Edinburgh.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

TWOD would probably land around 3rd from top on the Pyramid if they were announced. Isn't that a fairly big name for the Park? Not sure we'll have anyone that much bigger than that. Maybe Biffy if they could leg it down from Edinburgh.

TWOD are a weird one because they’re obviously big but they’re not really a household name or riddled with well known songs or bangers. I’d like them to be one of the secret sets, but I feel whoever they turn out to be will be more household names with well known songs. Think TWOD would’ve just been booked to play on the lineup if they were gonna be there in any capacity.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

TWOD are a weird one because they’re obviously big but they’re not really a household name or riddled with well known songs or bangers. I’d like them to be one of the secret sets, but I feel whoever they turn out to be will be more household names with well known songs. Think TWOD would’ve just been booked to play on the lineup if they were gonna be there in any capacity.

Yeah that's the major mark against them IMO.

Hell, maybe Jack White is Park and Green Day are in JPT after all. I just think it's a fantasy, but who knows.