Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

I know everyone wants to talk about the bigger stages, but do we have any idea about the Sunday night TBAs, e.g. at The Rum Shack and Platform 23? Are these actually 'secret sets' or just late additions to the lineup that will be confirmed in the next few days?

8 minutes ago, FLB said:

I know everyone wants to talk about the bigger stages, but do we have any idea about the Sunday night TBAs, e.g. at The Rum Shack and Platform 23? Are these actually 'secret sets' or just late additions to the lineup that will be confirmed in the next few days?

I would imagine Kojey Radical will take one of those Rum Shack slots, having smashed it there when he was pretty unknown a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Libertines was a pretty well kept secret. I can remember still not being 100% sure until the banner came down, but that might just be because you never are with these things.

Really? Everybody close to where we camped were talking about it beforehand. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

My performance on Kamikaze Karaoke in 2010 was testament to this. Can't believe I haven't been invited back.

Anyways... I was contacted today by someone saying they have a mate who works at Ticketmaster and they've heard it's Green Day.

Don't see the Ticketmaster connection myself but and still don't think it will be them.

But...

The thing with that is you don't know if they've heard because they've got insider information, or because they've read the Somerset live article that was ripped off here.  Still, interesting...

Why would Green Day rock up and play John Peel early on a Sunday? They've been "rumoured" to headline for basically 2 decades and it's never been close, why would they finally show up (and/or the Eavis' finally want to book them to play) to a small tent at Sunday lunchtime? 

It'll be someone lower level/cheaper to book, and/or an act that has a history with and fondness of the festival.

5 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

Have received info from a friend at a record label that Jack White is definitely playing but he doesn't know the stage or day

Gotta be the John Peel one then which would suit me down to the ground!

Jack JP - 1975 Park is what I’m going with. 

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Why would Green Day rock up and play John Peel early on a Sunday? They've been "rumoured" to headline for basically 2 decades and it's never been close, why would they finally show up (and/or the Eavis' finally want to book them to play) to a small tent at Sunday lunchtime? 

It'll be someone lower level/cheaper to book, and/or an act that has a history with and fondness of the festival.

If Green Day were to do a secret set as well, why not just replace Aerosmith in that 'Pyramid special guest' slot? Would make far more sense.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m sure we will as is always the case, but god I hope we get a definitive confirmation of which TBA is playing which stage early on so that I don’t turn up expecting Jack and fucking Bastille walk out or something. 

Went to Dance East (maybe West) when loads of people thought it was going to be Eric Prydz one Thursday, turned out to be Kesha! Lots of people streaming out.

We stayed and had a blast. 

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

What makes you say that? I'd have it the other way around.

Mostly the timings of each set, with the JP not having much of anything against it and the Park being later with more competition, but yeah like I said yesterday, guess that doesn’t matter too much when they can just close off the stages once they get too busy.

Do feel like they’d want the bigger of the two to be later in the day though as I think Jack would be a bit of a disappointment to a lot of people turning up, whereas The 1975 would go down very well as a big last secret act.