Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Opposite for me. John Peel slot is early doors without much competition so I feel that one will have be a slightly lesser act, whereas the Park one is on later against a bunch of big acts and will be the biggie imo. 

hmm yeah didnt consider that, just thinking of The Killers doing the John Peel secret set a few years ago

2 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

hmm yeah didnt consider that, just thinking of The Killers doing the John Peel secret set a few years ago

They can close off either area/stage when it gets too busy either way so doesn’t make too much difference tbh, but I feel like they’d want to stick the really big one at the same time when a lot of people are preoccupied elsewhere rather than having the entire festival turn up because there isn’t much else of note on.

1 minute ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Genuine question - Celeste has unfortunately cancelled lots of her tour dates (saw this on another thread). Do we know if she’s still performing at Glastonbury (really hope so) but if not that leaves a major gap on WH stage? Anyone know anything more than this? Will definitely be there if she’s still on. 

Wasn't she on the jubilee the other week. Only 1 song but she's probably ready to get back up and running 

13 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Genuine question - Celeste has unfortunately cancelled lots of her tour dates (saw this on another thread). Do we know if she’s still performing at Glastonbury (really hope so) but if not that leaves a major gap on WH stage? Anyone know anything more than this? Will definitely be there if she’s still on. 

11 minutes ago, august1 said:

Wasn't she on the jubilee the other week. Only 1 song but she's probably ready to get back up and running 

10 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Yes she was - very much hoping that this means she’s still good for Glastonbury. But can’t find any info anywhere (which is also probably a good sign!) 

"The West Holts signing tent is back for 2022, with many of the stage’s artists due to appear for a signing session after their performance. We’ve got some great signings already confirmed including Nubya Garcia, Black Midi, Greentea Peng and Celeste. CDs and vinyl from the West Holts artists will also be available to purchase."

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/artist-signings-at-west-holts-2/

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Have we ruled out Reef for the WG Thursday Slot? Seems odd that a Glastonbury-based band with a new alum releaseed this year haven't been put on the list? They have played the Pyramid stage before as well so it kinda fits the bill

No chance. Reef aren't getting anywhere near WG. They haven't ever had a band like that there let alone for the Thursday slot. 

Reef might have been a pyramid band 25 years ago,  you might catch them at somewhere like Avalon now. 

13 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

No chance. Reef aren't getting anywhere near WG. They haven't ever had a band like that there let alone for the Thursday slot. 

Reef might have been a pyramid band 25 years ago,  you might catch them at somewhere like Avalon now. 

ahhh yeah just read through the rest of the bill and you're quite right that wouldn't fit

yeah they headlined Avalon in 2019 Sunday night, just can't get my head round why they haven't been booked for this year, would've thought they were basically part of the furniture

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

yeah they headlined Avalon in 2019 Sunday night, just can't get my head round why they haven't been booked for this year, would've thought they were basically part of the furniture

Think you've just answered that yourself, they headlined the last festival. Plenty of contemporary bands can't get on the bill, let alone Reef.

11 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

ahhh yeah just read through the rest of the bill and you're quite right that wouldn't fit

I'm sure they will be back somewhere on the bill at some point, there's definately a place for them.  😀 

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

23 hours ago, incident said:

I'd put the "turn up as a guest" a fair bit higher than that, and widen it out to a few other artists, but yeah she's obviously not playing any set of her own this year.

Even without setting foot on a stage, I actually think there's a decent chance she's on site in some form, if only for a few hours - she will have seen all the hype when she was announced for 2020, and there's still a very strong likelihood she'll do it in the next few years so it'd make sense that she'd want to check the festival out.

I was thinking earlier it would be great if she came on with Phoebe Bridgers to do Nothing New.

Don’t think it’ll happen but would be great 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, howlin_pete said:

Craig Charles has just said he's heard a rumour that The Smile will be at Glastonbury...

Friday24 June France

Saturday25 June Belgium

Sunday 26 June nothing

Monday 27 June Luxembourg.

It isn't totally impossible, but it seems massively unlikely that they would fly back for the afternoon slot on the Sunday and then back out. 

For context they have a day off every couple of days. 

17 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

It isn't totally impossible, but it seems massively unlikely that they would fly back for the afternoon slot on the Sunday and then back out. 

If they didn't have such a good relationship with the festival I'd agree with you, but I reckon they would forgo a day off to play there. Their set on 25th finishes @ 18:50 so they could fly to the UK that night. If they played the Park slot they would have a full 24 hours before the Luxembourg gig on the 27th. Definitely not ideal logistics but I'm trying to be optimistic here since that Park slot isn't much of a clash for me and I'd much rather see The Smile than any of the other rumoured acts!

Edited by FLB

26 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Friday24 June France

Saturday25 June Belgium

Sunday 26 June nothing

Are they free on the Thursday?  Williams Green "pyramid level" act? 

30 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Friday24 June France

Saturday25 June Belgium

Sunday 26 June nothing

So you’re saying there’s a glimmer of hope?

There's some account ('Glastonbury Updates') on Twitter claiming that there's a rumour doing the rounds about the William's Green slot being a "huge, Pyramid level act"... clickbait bollocks, or is something genuine doing the rounds?

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

There's some account ('Glastonbury Updates') on Twitter claiming that there's a rumour doing the rounds about the William's Green slot being a "huge, Pyramid level act"... clickbait bollocks, or is something genuine doing the rounds?

Think it comes from efests

@Avalon_Fields the souce I wana say?