Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

No chance Taylor is doing anything by herself. Maybe a 0.1% chance she shows up as a guest with Macca but that's about it

I'd put the "turn up as a guest" a fair bit higher than that, and widen it out to a few other artists, but yeah she's obviously not playing any set of her own this year.

Even without setting foot on a stage, I actually think there's a decent chance she's on site in some form, if only for a few hours - she will have seen all the hype when she was announced for 2020, and there's still a very strong likelihood she'll do it in the next few years so it'd make sense that she'd want to check the festival out.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Don't kill the dream man!

Doesn't make sense for her in terms of touring a big production show and her album cycles. She can still do an acoustic set of Folkmore + All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version).

There's actually a lot of 'buzz' about her doing that across the Atlantic with The National on the Friday 22 July of another festival with some history to it, this year's Newport Folk Festival, where The National are the Friday 'headliners' and Josh Kaufmann on site with Bonny Light Horseman. A makeshift backup band at a festival that is known for collaborations rather than 'regular sets'. She also has a summer home just down the road from Newport Rhode Island. 

2 hours ago, incident said:

I'd put the "turn up as a guest" a fair bit higher than that, and widen it out to a few other artists, but yeah she's obviously not playing any set of her own this year.

Even without setting foot on a stage, I actually think there's a decent chance she's on site in some form, if only for a few hours - she will have seen all the hype when she was announced for 2020, and there's still a very strong likelihood she'll do it in the next few years so it'd make sense that she'd want to check the festival out.

I put it at 0.1% as I don't want to get my hopes up!

If she did come out with Macca (like she was supposedly going to in 2020 IIRC), that would be amazing.

11 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

What makes you say Biffy? Info/rumour/gut feel/wish list?

In fairness Biffy played a fantastic set at Download on Sunday. It was the same show they did at Cardiff Bay last summer. Presumably they could just turn up festival ready.

18 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But the ones who run it get info ahead of time and then decide when to divulge it in terms of causing a giant ramming and such.

i think the Thurs Williams Green will be packed already due to the Eavii being on stage before

The WG Thursday is always rammed, don’t matter who’s there tbf

19 minutes ago, 4519dennis said:

War on Drugs in Bristol on 27th June - very close - just saying?

To me they've gotta be odds on favourite for the park sunday slot. I think they'll have someone quite big for the John Peel slot (1975, Arctic Monkeys) and then TWOD seem about right for that park slot. 

Edited by downtherabbithole

12 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

To me they've gotta be odds on favourite for the park sunday slot. I think they'll have someone quite big for the John Peel slot (1975, Arctic Monkeys) and then TWOD seem about right for that park slot. 

Opposite for me. John Peel slot is early doors without much competition so I feel that one will have be a slightly lesser act, whereas the Park one is on later against a bunch of big acts and will be the biggie imo.