Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Based on what's been said seems like a possibility.

Also, in 2019 the Thursday slot was pale waves who are on the same record label - dirty hit with the same management company

In addition, Wolf Alice played that Thursday slot in 2015 also a dirty hit band. 

So the management must have a relationship with the stage bookers. 

from the clues - not headliner level , plausibly sub - seems unlikely to be the 1975, from a band that have headlined R+L and been touted to headline glasto in the future if new album does well

3 minutes ago, Btyler said:

from the clues - not headliner level , plausibly sub - seems unlikely to be the 1975, from a band that have headlined R+L and been touted to headline glasto in the future if new album does well

Sounds exactly like Bastille's size tbh. The sort of band who are just boring enough not to draw too dangerous a crowd either.

Tbf we have Nutini doing a show in Bristol before fest, small gig in Belguim week after to promote new album. Talk he's playing a tent. 

The Smile with a potential gap and 2 available slots. Played their first gig as part of live stream. 

Jack White with a history with the fest and seems to enjoy random small gigs. 

Potential Wolf Alice/Bastille sets. 

Feels like the net is closing in a bit. 

Just now, august1 said:

Tbf we have Nutini doing a show in Bristol before fest, small gig in Belguim week after to promote new album. Talk he's playing a tent. 

The Smile with a potential gap and 2 available slots. Played their first gig as part of live stream. 

Jack White with a history with the fest and seems to enjoy random small gigs. 

Potential Wolf Alice/Bastille sets. 

Feels like the net is closing in a bit. 

* Nutini info on him supposedly being on Saturday

* Craig Charles mentioning The Smile doing a slot

+ Chemical Bros for Arcadia slot

+ 1975 rumour feels pretty strong

It sounds like 1975 to me. I can't imagine many people view them as a Pyramid headliner, but definitely a sub.

Secret set on The Park leading into Other Stage 2023 headline, same as Foals?

Edit: Completely mis-read the part that this is another stage!

Edited by mttJ

15 minutes ago, Btyler said:

Yeah I agree, I think that they are a band who could possibly be considered glasto headliner size, might be dependent on next album. 

Reading headliner doesn't always translate,  I think Biffy played sub after headlining lots of different festivals including reading, bring me the horizon were on the other stage and I think they are reading headliner size. 

I do agree though,  they do seem a bit too big to be sub thus don't fit the brief, but sort of in the grey area between sub and headliner fit me at the moment. 

Dunno. 

5 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Bastille played 4th down in 2019. Have they really done enough since to be considered sub level? Are Mumford's active at all? I reckon they were subbing Taylor in 2020.

Subbing one of the main stages at R+L this year and headlining Kendall Calling. Would put them (weirdly) in the same ballpark as Wolf Alice where you could realistically make a case for anywhere out of 4th/3rd/Sub on the Pyramid. 

4 minutes ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Subbing one of the main stages at R+L this year and headlining Kendall Calling. Would put them (weirdly) in the same ballpark as Wolf Alice where you could realistically make a case for anywhere out of 4th/3rd/Sub on the Pyramid. 

There was originally 2 slots at WG on the Thurs 👀