Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Heart : omg, why are they tweeting, they couldn't? could they?

Head THIS MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

It means they’ve got another anniversary special edition of something coming out soon!

13 minutes ago, mufcok said:

There's some account ('Glastonbury Updates') on Twitter claiming that there's a rumour doing the rounds about the William's Green slot being a "huge, Pyramid level act"... clickbait bollocks, or is something genuine doing the rounds?

There's something in it.  Follow @secretGlasto for all the information on the day! Not headliner level, though plausibly sub.

😉

EDIT: And not The Smile

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

There's something in it.  Follow @secretGlasto for all the information on the day! Not headliner level, though plausibly sub.

😉

I would be really surprised if this happens. Any high-level band playing one of the only live music stages open on the Thursday would be a crowd control nightmare. 

They would basically need to close off all the routes into that field, from around 6 different directions to avoid a crush. Pulp was bad enough back in the day, and there's really only a couple of way into the park.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

😉

Will you be adding to the confirmed thread? 

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Got to be The 1975

Based on what's been said seems like a possibility.

Also, in 2019 the Thursday slot was pale waves who are on the same record label - dirty hit with the same management company

In addition, Wolf Alice played that Thursday slot in 2015 also a dirty hit band. 

So the management must have a relationship with the stage bookers. 

18 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I would be really surprised if this happens. Any high-level band playing one of the only live music stages open on the Thursday would be a crowd control nightmare. 

They would basically need to close off all the routes into that field, from around 6 different directions to avoid a crush. Pulp was bad enough back in the day, and there's really only a couple of way into the park.

They have done that before, I can't remember who,  might even have been Maximo Park.

I'm probably going to get into trouble with the gang for saying what I have, sorry, can't answer any more questions, but suffice to say, it's pretty big (we genuinely worry about this kind of thing) and in WG, which is hard to close off.  I'm not going to see them, but loads of people do.

We've had a couple of tips from apparently different places saying the same thing, so you can feel reasonably confident that when the tweet goes out, it should be correct.

So, hive mind - what do we think about the other slots?

Edited by stuartbert two hats