Secret sets 2022

FloorFiller

39 minutes ago, sjl97 said:

That also adds up too, trying to cross-reference now from the 2020 poster (although they would have had more booked of course so may not be that useful). Potential artists from that lineup who aren't on in 2022 but would have a reason to play includes Fontaines DC, Kano, London Grammar, Aitch, AJ Tracey, Happy Mondays, Tom Misch, Soccer Mommy, Manic Street Preachers. Some huge ones there but without looking too much into it, Fontaines would be a very good shout.

?? Fontaines and AJ Tracey are on the 2022 poster?

3 minutes ago, mttJ said:

How come you don't think so? I feel pretty good about this one given their recent activity, as well as I believe Matt42's information which places them there.

I just feel it's unlikely their first show back on what will be a new album tour will be at Glastobury/JP. They'd have more low profile warm up shows.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crumbleflaps said:

You heard it HERE first. The Park slot has been taken by LEVEL 42.

Thank you for rescuing us, the solid info we needed. Secret glasto can send out the mass texts now. 

im gonna head off to the park now because it’s going to be REAL hard to get anywhere near to see them.

8 hours ago, zeppelin said:

The Killers are currently doing a stadium tour. 

I think The Killers have a lot more casual fans. Obviously a massive crowd at JP and the Pyramid, but an Arctic Monkey secret set is far more likely to be more dangerous on JP / The Park.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Cause green day in john peel would be tame? Or florence on the parl?

I don’t think a sizeable majority of Glastonbury goers would drop everything immediately to see Green Day myself. They’d be someone you’d see if you didn’t have much else on, at least they would be for me and everyone I know going. 

Florence and The Machine I’d say would be bigger with the Glastonbury crowd but she’s a lot more active than Arctic Monkeys generally. I feel most people who’ve wanted to watch her will have done or will have a show lined up.

Arctic Monkeys haven’t played the festival since 2013. I’d put money on them headlining 2023 myself. Their last proper tour was in 2018 I think. I immediately booked to go Prague as soon as they announced shows and I know a few others who’ve done similar. I don’t feel like the other two you’ve mentioned are as big of an act amongst people who go Glastonbury or have as a passionate fan base. I’d say Arctic Monkeys doing a secret set would be a significant step up in these secret sets since I first attended in 2013.

10 hours ago, Crumbleflaps said:

You heard it HERE first. The Park slot has been taken by LEVEL 42.

Makes sense. Mark King appeared in the Crow's Nest last time round so was probs checking the area out before signing up.

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I don’t think a sizeable majority of Glastonbury goers would drop everything immediately to see Green Day myself. They’d be someone you’d see if you didn’t have much else on, at least they would be for me and everyone I know going. 

Florence and The Machine I’d say would be bigger with the Glastonbury crowd but she’s a lot more active than Arctic Monkeys generally. I feel most people who’ve wanted to watch her will have done or will have a show lined up.

Arctic Monkeys haven’t played the festival since 2013. I’d put money on them headlining 2023 myself. Their last proper tour was in 2018 I think. I immediately booked to go Prague as soon as they announced shows and I know a few others who’ve done similar. I don’t feel like the other two you’ve mentioned are as big of an act amongst people who go Glastonbury or have as a passionate fan base. I’d say Arctic Monkeys doing a secret set would be a significant step up in these secret sets since I first attended in 2013.

I think you have to factor in the draw of seeing Green Day or Florence in that setting. You ask yourself, when can I see them like this again, and I didnt have to pay extra for it, so why not. I am not the biggest fan of the Killers, but I made it a point to be in the tent 5 years ago cause I knew it was going to go off, and it did. Sometimes people just want to be where something is happening regardless of what it is, so the curious will emerge. If there is truly no info on either Sunday TBA til mere hours on the morning its going to be interesting who shows up to the stages without any knowledge if it doesnt get announce properly. Like I wnna ee Sports Team on Sunday, but I imagine its gonna be a pain cause the tent might be rammed for whoever is following even if it was something not crazy.

Edited by Suprefan

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think you have to factor in the draw of seeing Green Day or Florence in that setting. You ask yourself, when can I see them like this again, and I didnt have to pay extra for it, so why not. I am not the biggest fan of the Killers, but I made it a point to be in the tent 5 years ago cause I knew it was going to go off, and it did. Sometimes people just want to be where something is happening regardless of what it is, so the curious will emerge. If there is truly no info on either Sunday TBA til mere hours on the morning its going to be interesting who shows up to the stages without any knowledge if it doesnt get announce properly. Like I wnna ee Sports Team on Sunday, but I imagine its gonna be a pain cause the tent might be rammed for whoever is following even if it was something not crazy.

I expect the John Peel to be rammed against Herbie Hancock and others at that time and agree on Sports Team to get a big audience beforehand, will be interesting to see who it eventually is!

Hi all - I just discovered this site and 2022 will be my first Glastonbury experience! Can anyone tell me the stages secret sets are performed on? Is it just by chance that you happen upon them? How can I find out? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, GiGi64 said:

Hi all - I just discovered this site and 2022 will be my first Glastonbury experience! Can anyone tell me the stages secret sets are performed on? Is it just by chance that you happen upon them? How can I find out? Thanks!

TBAs on the line up, there's a thread keeping track of all the confirmed ones here - 

This thread is simply for gossip / rumours 

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

And not Sunday 2pm John Peel? 

Someone on Discord is apparently a friend of a friend and they gave info that yesterday he confirmed he was playing Saturday, whilst was going to be at the festival throughout "making a weekend of it"

Then think there had been rumous on efests that he was due to play in a tent

Obviously this is all heresay, but we have literally NOTHING ELSE to go on atm