Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

34 minutes ago, bobby_gillespie said:

Our first since 2016. Has been depressing not being able to get a sniff ever since. So happy today. My daughter was 18mo last time, now she's 7 it's going to be incredible for her

Same here, I went 11 in a row but this is my first since 2016 after not being able to get a ticket since. I can’t wait! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Thanks. So am I right in thinking that each year they have an event page for the Wednesday coach sale, one for the Thursday coach sale and one for the general admission sale?

And if you know what the event pages were for each of these in the October sales you can bypass the DNS when it comes to each of the two resales because they reuse them?

But you would be hard pressed to guess what the event pages will be in advance when it comes to the October sales?

This is not always a successful technique.
This year it seemed to work, reusing the link found previously and which was functional early. It was already working when I posted at 8:59 in this topic:

But in previous years, when you arrived too early (before the official start of the sale), the button to process to the next booking step did not appear, and it was impossible to go further. And by refreshing, you found yourself facing the holding page.

• Thanks 1

Delighted for everyone who got tickets! I'm quite jealous and a tiny bit of me wishes I'd got involved but I'm laid up with covid and I think the disappointment would have been too much today if it hadn't worked. Gutted for those that didn't make it.

I'll be bowing out of here soon but my friends have confirmed we are back in for 2023 so already looking forward to the next sale!

Have a fantastic time all 😀

3 minutes ago, netspy said:

This is not always a successful technique.
This year it seemed to work, reusing the link found previously and which was functional early. It was already working when I posted at 8:59 in this topic:

But in previous years, when you arrived too early (before the official start of the sale), the button to process to the next booking step did not appear, and it was impossible to go further. And by refreshing, you found yourself facing the holding page.

So i managed to get to the enter registration details page from some link i used on Thursday just before 9am, however when i tried clicking proceed after entering them it kept sending me to the dreaded holding page. I kept going back and forth for about 5 minutes before deciding i was wasting my time and should therefore leave the page completely and start from scratch. 

Should i have continued?

All good in the end though, friend got through around 9:15 for the final 3 tickets we needed, leaving us with 14/14 tickets - first ever 100% record i believe?

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is an October problem but this does make me concerned about 2023. Got tickets all the way back in 2019 but considering I was unable to get 2 today I’m worried about October.

Think I’m going to try in coach and virtually every sale and perhaps prepare with the resale in mind too. Getting tickets is a tough fucking gig. Concerned my luck will run out.

See you in the fields in June! 

Weirdly I found this years resale a lot easier, I got through twice on Thursday, although everything seemed to be gone by then, and got through again this morning within a couple of minutes trying for others so I’m hoping this isn’t me using up my luck. It’s been quite nice not having to worry about tickets for so long knowing they’re sorted so I do have the fear for October. I’m sure it will be as busy as ever but just got to make the most of this year and fingers crossed for October.

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Haven’t stopped beaming for the last two hours. Out of all the Glastonburys, this would’ve been the one that stung the most to miss for sure. Gonna be the happiest place on earth for those five days. So good to finally be able to get hyped over the lineup knowing I’m actually gonna be there to see it all. 

An expensive month between Primavera (I think you’re doing both weekends?), Nine Inch Nails and Glastonbury but what a way to spend a month! I’m very excited for it, especially after the last couple of years.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

An expensive month between Primavera (I think you’re doing both weekends?), Nine Inch Nails and Glastonbury but what a way to spend a month! I’m very excited for it, especially after the last couple of years.

Yeah I’ve got a couple of quiet months between now and then, and then all of a sudden all of that stuff (+ My Chemical Romance beforehand as well). Haven’t quite figured out how I’m gonna afford it all just yet… but damn what a month it’s gonna be. 

Does anyone know where the Taunton coach goes from? Managed to bag 2 after resale said sold out this morning - absolutely stoked 😀. Travelling from Aus and need to book Taunton accomodation Tuesday 21/6 to make sure we’re there for coach on Wednesday but not sure where to book in Taunton to be near departure  🤦🏻‍♀️🥴

Just now, nusha said:

Does anyone know where the Taunton coach goes from? Managed to bag 2 after resale said sold out this morning - absolutely stoked 😀. Travelling from Aus and need to book Taunton accomodation Tuesday 21/6 to make sure we’re there for coach on Wednesday but not sure where to book in Taunton to be near departure  🤦🏻‍♀️🥴

To be fair, with Taunton not being a burgeoning metropolis, any reasonably central hotel should cover you fine and put you within at most 15 minutes walk of the departure point - even if they move it from previous years.

38 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Delighted for everyone who got tickets! I'm quite jealous and a tiny bit of me wishes I'd got involved but I'm laid up with covid and I think the disappointment would have been too much today if it hadn't worked. Gutted for those that didn't make it.

I'll be bowing out of here soon but my friends have confirmed we are back in for 2023 so already looking forward to the next sale!

Have a fantastic time all 😀

Aw that’s sad .. but totally understand all the best for a full recovery … loved your contribution in politics and covid threads over last 2 years 

40 minutes ago, nusha said:

Pm me for any Taunton stuff … I’ll get back later … best get to my mums 🙂 might have free accom too 

Edited by crazyfool1

22 minutes ago, nusha said:

Check the Questions section of the forum for… questions. There’s a thread on this very topic in there.