Resale success? Who’s in?

John the Moth

57 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Congrats! And welcome back!

Just one correction - it's 6pm on the Wednesday we'll see you, in the Ridge & Furrow, just over into the Cabaret field from West Holts, for the eFests meet 🙂

...why not both? 🍻  Both is good! The 3pm Brothers is out own ritual but my god it's sweet for me these days - I think we'll grab a Burrow Hill instead. I was wondering where the efests one was. Will definitely try and swing by assuming my cats are herded by then! Need to put some faces to these avatars. I assume you all migrate up the hill for fireworks? (all the gears are starting to turn again today as I remember it all ...monorail service status? 😉)

So bloody over the moon to be back! I can barely express it!

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Good to see you got in. 

For those that don't know, along with @Brave Sir Robin, @JBarbour and @Dukeicon, Beaver89 was one of the people who got the original Thingy populated on eFests.

Best paid work I ever did! Not so much in money terms (I was but a lowly intern) but in terms of impact! I had literally NOTHING better to do for the business in spite of asking repeatedly so I conducted some extensive research instead. Props to the gang - it's SO good now. Seen you getting quoted in NME and the like too! Bet you never thought you'd be an influencer!

Love that these boards have spawned that and the Clashfinder site. Are there any other projects that have emerged from here?

Got my four at 9:15, after getting the deeply concerning "all tickets allocated" message at 9:11. Really thought my luck had finally run out, but this'll be my seventh in a row. Haven't stopped smiling all day! Looking forward to catching up on reading some of the forum discussions, have largely been avoiding them of late in anticipation of missing out on tickets. Roll on June!

9 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Tweet just through saying they are aware of this problem for a small number of people - message the festival they will sort

I wonder how they found the tickets to sort this. 

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

I wonder how they found the tickets to sort this. 

i don't think there was a problem with the tickets actually being allocated.  I had a similar problem with a festival last year which i think was also administered by See tickets - my car parking showed on my confirmation but not the the ticket, but the ticket was paid for.  Something bombing out on generating the invoices when someone selects a waterbottle i think.

50 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I'd guess there were a lot more available although I also think people in these parts are also possibly very well organised. Seeing more people complaining in Facebook groups. I keep saying it's a numbers games these days but it does feel as though organising yourself into large groups is the most effective way to do it.

"All automated bots for touts" "people will be selling them for thousands, nobody real gets them" 

1 minute ago, siblin said:

I'm back in again this year after missing out on 2019.  After 3 unsuccessful sales I was beginning to worry i'd lost my touch!

I was made up to see you'd got one, well deserved after your secret sales efforts from a few years back.

11 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Got my four at 9:15, after getting the deeply concerning "all tickets allocated" message at 9:11. Really thought my luck had finally run out, but this'll be my seventh in a row. Haven't stopped smiling all day! Looking forward to catching up on reading some of the forum discussions, have largely been avoiding them of late in anticipation of missing out on tickets. Roll on June!

I saw that message a bunch of times!  Mine was a really weird situation.  I got all the way through to submitting payment which seemed to work, but then also said "there has been a problem".  Wouldn't let me submit again.. in the end i tried from the beginning again, and it said that there was already an order pending on my registrations and wouldnt let me continue.  I wasnt sure if that meant i'd been successful or not (turns out it didn't).  After much resubmitting and a bit of going back and forward i finally managed to get through.

14 minutes ago, siblin said:

i don't think there was a problem with the tickets actually being allocated.  I had a similar problem with a festival last year which i think was also administered by See tickets - my car parking showed on my confirmation but not the the ticket, but the ticket was paid for.  Something bombing out on generating the invoices when someone selects a waterbottle i think.

I’m not so sure, people were getting the ‘tickets already allocated’ message or whatever it was by about 10 minutes, which is a pretty standard sell out time for a resale. Yet people were able to eventually get tickets as late as 9:30 despite it showing as sold out ages before that. It seems to me that some sort of glitch happened and loads of people ended up with water bottles and ticket protection, but no tickets. These tickets would’ve been held against their registrations for a period of time (10 minutes?) and then gradually released, hence the elongated sale.

You always hear of people getting lucky a few minutes after a sale has sold out in normal years in a a normal sale, but probably no more than 5 minutes later at most. This was a resale and people were still buying tickets a greater length of time later than the actual sale lasted from the start, to saying sold out, this is pretty unheard of. There is also the fact that somebody on here who had the problem was able to buy a coach ticket in the secret sale later, which shouldn’t be possible if you had a GA ticket against your registration.

All evidence to me suggests it was a monumental cock up, but one that benefited a lot of people in the end so a fantastic cock up at the same time.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Quick update, curious to see if anyone experienced similar. 

Filled the booking screen, even got as far as pending in my account. Authorised through the security of online banking....pending has now vanished!

Gutted and far worse than not getting a sniff atall if I am honest. Difficult to contact see tickets to see what happened without a booking....

10 minutes ago, joeltg said:

Quick update, curious to see if anyone experienced similar. 

Filled the booking screen, even got as far as pending in my account. Authorised through the security of online banking....pending has now vanished!

Gutted and far worse than not getting a sniff atall if I am honest. Difficult to contact see tickets to see what happened without a booking....

Mine was sitting pending all day and the money has only been fully taken out my account within the last hour or so. Hopefully it’s just a delay in the system but it’s worth getting in touch with them anyway, as surely they should be able to find an order with your email.

44 minutes ago, siblin said:

I saw that message a bunch of times!  Mine was a really weird situation.  I got all the way through to submitting payment which seemed to work, but then also said "there has been a problem".  Wouldn't let me submit again.. in the end i tried from the beginning again, and it said that there was already an order pending on my registrations and wouldnt let me continue.  I wasnt sure if that meant i'd been successful or not (turns out it didn't).  After much resubmitting and a bit of going back and forward i finally managed to get through.

I had that in 17. Got no confirmation screen or email but wouldn’t let me resubmit, it said reg numbers had been used. I assumed good news and got an email an hour later.

I’m absolutely delighted by all the success stories coming in. We waited a long time for this and we deserve it. The fact so many people displayed such altruism and dedication to help people They’ve never met before speaks volumes for the camaraderie the festival creates. 

I’d personally like to thank
@vintagelaureate and @crazyfool1 for their hard work setting up and adminning the spreadsheet, @gigpusher and husband for getting us our tickets, our campervan fairy @stuartbert two hats, and the legions of people who said they’d help us, including but by no means limited to @kalifire, @MetaKate, @Quark and @plot2pot.  /awards do speech. 

Thursday and today felt like a battle though, and I’ve got a poem about it. Hope you enjoy it, and hopefully I could be performing it on stage at P&W in June. 

Glasto T-Day

Get ready for ticket day desperation

Every man woman child in the nation 

Stand by, mandatory F5 masturbation 

inevitable mass frustration at the cessation 

of the obligatory degradation

Unavoidable deflation and desperation 

feels like eternal damnation

of which, overwhelming demand is the causation 

but that momentary flirtation,

drives collaboration and collation

Friends and family help in expectation

leads to ultimate elation

For a few 

Then in June

migration to a haven for annual salvation

An enormous celebration 

A euphoric demonstration of all that’s good 

and it all hinges on one Sunday morning in October (or in this case, March) 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m not so sure, people were getting the ‘tickets already allocated’ message or whatever it was by about 10 minutes, which is a pretty standard sell out time for a resale. Yet people were able to eventually get tickets as late as 9:30 despite it showing as sold out ages before that. It seems to me that some sort of glitch happened and loads of people ended up with water bottles and ticket protection, but no tickets. These tickets would’ve been held against their registrations for a period of time (10 minutes?) and then gradually released, hence the elongated sale.

You always hear of people getting lucky a few minutes after a sale has sold out in normal years in a a normal sale, but probably no more than 5 minutes later at most. This was a resale and people were still buying tickets a greater length of time later than the actual sale lasted from the start, to saying sold out, this is pretty unheard of. There is also the fact that somebody on here who had the problem was able to buy a coach ticket in the secret sale later, which shouldn’t be possible if you had a GA ticket against your registration.

All evidence to me suggests it was a monumental cock up, but one that benefited a lot of people in the end so a fantastic cock up at the same time.

A friend of mine got four tickets at 9.33am (I’ve seen the screenshot!)

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

A friend of mine got four tickets at 9.33am (I’ve seen the screenshot!)

Whereas one of my mates got the sold out message at 9:12 (just checked the WhatsApp group) and See Tickets tweet to say sold out was at 9:22, so as far as I’m aware it’s totally unheard of to still get tickets at least 10/20 minted later in any sale I’ve ever experienced. Definitely suggests something happened with the water bottle tickets and loads went back on sale.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Whereas one of my mates got the sold out message at 9:12 (just checked the WhatsApp group) and See Tickets tweet to say sold out was at 9:22, so as far as I’m aware it’s totally unheard of to still get tickets at least 10/20 minted later in any sale I’ve ever experienced. Definitely suggests something happened with the water bottle tickets and loads went back on sale.

Yep.

I had actually given up as I believed the tweets from GFL that were going out however some of my mates kept persisting and got four tickets at 9.25 and another four at 9.33am

Not quite sure what was going on? Failed transactions being re-released?

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Yep.

I had actually given up as I believed the tweets from GFL that were going out however some of my mates kept persisting and got four tickets at 9.25 and another four at 9.33am

My theory is a glitch with all the water bottle tickets, some sort of fuck up meant they weren’t allocated, but we’re then held against the registrations for a period of time, they were then gradually released and hence people could buy them up to 20 minutes after the sale officially ended. 

1 hour ago, siblin said:

I'm back in again this year after missing out on 2019.  After 3 unsuccessful sales I was beginning to worry i'd lost my touch!

Great news!  You'll always have a place for me after your code got me a ticket on the secret sale!  Hope you are well buddy

37 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Mine was sitting pending all day and the money has only been fully taken out my account within the last hour or so. Hopefully it’s just a delay in the system but it’s worth getting in touch with them anyway, as surely they should be able to find an order with your email.

Thanks Kingcrawler, 

I contacted the bank & unfortunately the transaction no longer exists, nothing went wrong their side so it's baffling. 

I tested my reg against worthy camping, nothing allocated against the 4 tickets I believed to of had! 

If anyone has a see ticket contact I really would appreciate it so much. Not contactable unless you have a booking with them! 

1 hour ago, Beaver89 said:

...why not both? 🍻  Both is good! The 3pm Brothers is out own ritual but my god it's sweet for me these days - I think we'll grab a Burrow Hill instead. I was wondering where the efests one was. Will definitely try and swing by assuming my cats are herded by then! Need to put some faces to these avatars. I assume you all migrate up the hill for fireworks? (all the gears are starting to turn again today as I remember it all ...monorail service status? 😉)

So bloody over the moon to be back! I can barely express it!

Your post just exudes exuberance and joy! Easy to understand how you are feeling! 

21 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

My theory is a glitch with all the water bottle tickets, some sort of fuck up meant they weren’t allocated, but we’re then held against the registrations for a period of time, they were then gradually released and hence people could buy them up to 20 minutes after the sale officially ended. 

Whatever it was it worked well for our mates as all tickets were secured after the official SOLD OUT time!

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Whatever it was it worked well for our mates as all tickets were secured after the official SOLD OUT time!

Exactly, one of my mates got them on their iPad at an airport after repeatedly getting the tickets have been allocated message. I told them to keep trying as tickets go back on sale from failed transactions, but I honestly thought that was clutching at straws. Little did we all know this was the year it was actually more likely to work than not!

35 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yep.

I think so. I suspect the increased security checks were part of it. In the past, the selling out was pretty  brutal and very, very few tickets were obtained after sold out, but there were tons today, in both sales.

Edit: for instance I got @blutarsky's tickets what felt like an age after they had all gone. I'd entered the details  and got through to the next page with 0 tickets showing as available, but I just kept refreshing the page and eventually one was available. 

I've just checked and although it felt like an age, I only got them at 11:10!

Edited by stuartbert two hats