Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Especially with the potential Friday headliner wasteland

I’d be happy with Foals as my option. 

Seem them a bunch of times so not massively inspiring but a decent night none the less. 

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I must admit it absolutely baffles me that he's considered OS headline size.

It just feels uninspired.

*grabs tin hat*

Nah that's fair. I think there was a broad (although not complete) consensus that he was lined up as Other headliner for the 50th as kind of a heritage / thank you from the fest rather than his current profile.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

*grabs tin hat*

No one will convince me otherwise but I think he was an eleventh hour addition in 2020 with the pandemic hitting just before the poster dropped. 

Emily saying they had pyramid sized other headliners makes me think that Fatboy was not a first option. 

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nah that's fair. I think there was a broad (although not complete) consensus that he was lined up as Other headliner for the 50th as kind of a heritage / thank you from the fest rather than his current profile.

I think he should open the Pyramid on Friday.

Packed pyramid field, inject some energy into everyone following 2 days of hedonism and open the festival with a bang.

Just now, JoeyT said:

I think he should open the Pyramid on Friday.

Packed pyramid field, inject some energy into everyone following 2 days of hedonism and open the festival with a bang.

Think we’re all in agreement (except Gazza, of course) that this would be the best way to open the festival proper, and I’m sure he’d be up for it also. Just a case of whether the festival feels the same way. Would be incredible scenes.

39 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Obviously having said that it would be a pretty big headliner for the OS wouldn't it?! He's massive isn't he? Or have I overestimated that?

Can't see the festival bumping FBS, who was in that slot, for an almost identical type act given his relationship with the festival. That would be poor form, IMO

7 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Can't see the festival bumping FBS, who was in that slot, for an almost identical type act given his relationship with the festival. That would be poor form, IMO

I mean, they're both electronic based artists but I think Calvin Harris is in a different stratosphere as far as commercial success goes.

He's the highest paid DJ in the world isn't he? (at least I swear I read / heard that at some point)

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I mean, they're both electronic based artists but I think Calvin Harris is in a different stratosphere as far as commercial success goes.

He's the highest paid DJ in the world isn't he? (at least I swear I read / heard that at some point)

Yeah, they do live in different galaxies in terms of commercial success. But I just don't think the festival would replace him with another DJ/producer. 

Just seen the bonobo news. A clash with Wolf Alice is a disaster for me. 

45 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

*grabs tin hat*

40 minutes ago, Quark said:

Totally fair as an uninspiring booking, but that may be in part due to the fact we all go all the time and know that it's nothing special to see him on The Farm.

There's plenty of people who still love him and by all accounts his current tour has been well received. 

He'd draw a big crowd. 

There's obviously plenty of people on the poster who could play that slot or sub El Pointo, but I just don't think he'll be bumped. 

15 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I genuinely think at Glastonbury specifically, FBS gets a bigger crowd at a bigger stage than Calvin Harris.

Dunno. Calvin is pretty massive and I think he’s do a better job as an alternative to a massive pyramid headliner than FBS.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Calvin Harris is playing in Ibiza on the 24th, as part of his Friday night residency there: https://www.theushuaiaexperience.com/en/club/events/calvin-harris/

If he's at Glasto doing a Love Regenerator set (which I've also heard), then it would have to be the Sunday as it's very unlikely he's gonna headline the Other then zip over immediately for another 2hr set.

I don't think he's playing.

Sorry - misread what u were saying 

Edited by sisco

23 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

What's happened with Harry Styles? do we still think he's a contender for Pyramid sub before Billie?

or has he been ruled out?

I was told by a good source that he was playing the festival 

I think most of us considered him unlikely as a Pyramid sub just because he can sell out stadiums, so would be considerably bigger than the usual subs. @Matt42is still on the Harry Styles subbing bandwagon and could well be right if you've heard that he's playing, I don't think we've actually had any Harry Styles info yet other than the very vague newspaper articles which never really confirmed him as playing anyway.

• Thanks 1

To clarify I think there is a missing sub. Harry would make the most sense due to there being various bits tying him to the festival and his tour dates looking like he’s playing somewhere on the Friday.

My alternative thought is Florence and the machine - just because she’s gearing up to drop a new record and has 0 UK festivals booked (or any gigs at all for that matter). Perhaps big weekend could nab her but that’s a bit naff if it’s all she does this summer. 

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I think most of us considered him unlikely as a Pyramid sub just because he can sell out stadiums, so would be considerably bigger than the usual subs. @Matt42is still on the Harry Styles subbing bandwagon and could well be right if you've heard that he's playing, I don't think we've actually had any Harry Styles info yet other than the very vague newspaper articles which never really confirmed him as playing anyway.

They weren't vague articles, they were articles placed by his people so likely to be true.