Who’s Playing What Day?

Somto Unigwe Raphael

53 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's good but not what I was thinking of. Someone had a list of how main main stage acts were missing from the 1st poster each year.

Can’t really compare with 2019 as there are a lot more acts on the poster this year than last time - 89 v 65 (ish). My quick maths suggests there were 122 acts on the 5 biggest stages in 2019, so if the same this year then there are 33 acts left to announce.

6 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Can’t really compare with 2019 as there are a lot more acts on the poster this year than last time - 89 v 65 (ish). My quick maths suggests there were 122 acts on the 5 biggest stages in 2019, so if the same this year then there are 33 acts left to announce.

Hold up. History tells us that there are going to be some on Silver Hayes and probably Acoustic from the poster, so assigning them all to the five main stages might be hasty.

Also 122 seems like a big drop from the consistently 130+ acts we've had on the five top stages in previous years. Not happy about that.

9 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah. My initial thought was that there was no space for Plant & Krauss on Friday before realising the same as you, that Olivia Rodrigo can be on any day.

Without wishing to go all Matt42 wouldn’t Plant/Kraussnon the Accoustic be a nice counterpoint to Billie/Foals/Simz/etc elsewhere?

Give the oldies something to enjoy before they have to go to bed?

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hold up. History tells us that there are going to be some on Silver Hayes and probably Acoustic from the poster, so assigning them all to the five main stages might be hasty.

Also 122 seems like a big drop from the consistently 130+ acts we've had on the five top stages in previous years. Not happy about that.

That was just looking at 2019 - all the poster acts were on the top 5 stages, and it was 122 total for those (avg 8 per stage per day, though only 7 on the Pyramid). I hope we get more acts this time, but I don’t think anyone on the poster is outside the big 5.

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

That was just looking at 2019 - all the poster acts were on the top 5 stages, and it was 122 total for those (avg 8 per stage per day, though only 7 on the Pyramid). I hope we get more acts this time, but I don’t think anyone on the poster is outside the big 5.

About that.....

image.png.2600dd9fea2cd4e624f5f6e1e069ceec.png

In 2020 all but four (The Waterboys, Suzanne Vega, Imelda May and Groove Armada) were on the main stages. Slightly fewer acts this time round but I suppose having The Waterboys as the only non top five stage act might be a bit odd in comparison. I previously had them down as mid afternoon Pyramid but Robert Plant & Alison Krauss would make a lot of sense as another Acoustic headliner. No one else on the lineup really fits that slot and there’s already plenty of acts we’re expecting for the Pymild in those sort of slots.

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Without wishing to go all Matt42 wouldn’t Plant/Kraussnon the Accoustic be a nice counterpoint to Billie/Foals/Simz/etc elsewhere?

Whilst I agree, whoever they have on the Acoustic Stage is gonna be someone that appeals to the oldies, no? I guess Plant/Krauss would probably have greater appeal than someone like Suzanne Vega, but also Robert Plant in the acoustic just seems a bit massive.

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

In 2020 all but four (The Waterboys, Suzanne Vega, Imelda May and Groove Armada) were on the main stages. Slightly fewer acts this time round but I suppose having The Waterboys as the only non top five stage act might be a bit odd in comparison. I previously had them down as mid afternoon Pyramid but Robert Plant & Alison Krauss would make a lot of sense as another Acoustic headliner. No one else on the lineup really fits that slot and there’s already plenty of acts we’re expecting for the Pymild in those sort of slots.

Could be others. Warmduscher on Williams Green or something. There are some randoms that could be in Silver Hayes or something (say, Tems on Sonic).

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Could be others. Warmduscher on Williams Green or something. There are some randoms that could be in Silver Hayes or something (say, Tems on Sonic).

Oh definitely, I just meant for the Acoustic stage. Could see acts like Ghetts or Tems in Silver Hayes somewhere as you say.

44 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

265032784_giphy(9).gif.67f5cd318497bb41678094f476cf9b4b.gif

10 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah have looked back at 2016 and 2017 and both posters had a few acts that were on Acoustic/Sonic/elsewhere. So assuming that remains true, we're looking at about 35-40 acts for the big 5 stages still to be announced.

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah have looked back at 2016 and 2017 and both posters had a few acts that were on Acoustic/Sonic/elsewhere. So assuming that remains true, we're looking at about 35-40 acts for the big 5 stages still to be announced.

Which to me, with the level of acts on the main poster already. Even more acts on the main stages is insane. 

13 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Whilst I agree, whoever they have on the Acoustic Stage is gonna be someone that appeals to the oldies, no? I guess Plant/Krauss would probably have greater appeal than someone like Suzanne Vega, but also Robert Plant in the acoustic just seems a bit massive.

He's done it before (2000)