The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its because the Met Office did one for london, south east etc so they have to relay the information on i guess

Panic stations because there’s a risk of losing ones hat in London. 

So far this “storm” is nothing but a load of warm/cold air. 

The previous storms this year and earlier this week have been far more severe and damaging but they didn’t get the same level of coverage probably because it didn’t affect those precious souls in the SE. 

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Can confirm it is fucking windy down here, but it doesn’t seem that bad really. Seen worse. 

image.gif.5c3b85f751bdd041e8f4e3c7752d4a61.gif

Lol they actually look like my dogs although one of them is currently sporting much shorter haircut because of her medical treatment. Stay safe everyone. North West is ok at the moment

IMG_20201113_170351_069.jpg

40 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The previous storms this year and earlier this week have been far more severe and damaging but they didn’t get the same level of coverage probably because it didn’t affect those precious souls in the SE. 

Typical bloody Tykes! "Our weather's harder than yours, you soft, southern, shandy-drinking bastards!" 😄

46 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Some of your takes are ridiculous.

1500 homes in Wales have lost power but sure it's not bad for you so fuck everyone else right.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Fucks sake

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Some of your takes are ridiculous.

1500 homes in Wales have lost power but sure it's not bad for you so fuck everyone else right.

We lost power the other week, my garden doesn’t have any fences left after the storm before last but that’s just minor inconveniences for me compared to the people who lost their lives in the severe storms we have had up here this year. 

We didn’t get the wall to wall media sensationalism that is happening now a little wind is affecting people in London. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

We lost power the other week, my garden doesn’t have any fences left after the storm before last but that’s just minor inconveniences for me compared to the people who lost their lives in the severe storms we have had up here this year. 

We didn’t get the wall to wall media sensationalism that is happening now a little wind is affecting people in London. 

Yeah we did. Same as we always do when there's a big storm. Especially now they have names. 

1 hour ago, whitehorses said:

Very very windy in mid Cornwall now. We’ve lost power for 1.5 hours now. 

Two of our neighbour’s trees have blown down into our garden now. We’ve never had a tree down here in 5 years so must be fairly bad. No power for 3 hours now… just went down the road to get logs and lots of minor but annoying damage. Guttering off, trees down, etc 

Homeshop update ..  one of our drivers has just returned to store … a tree blew down in front of her …  she then was driving down motorway and was blown across 3 lanes … she made the sensible call to return to store at the next junction … why this has been left to driver discretion is beyond me … I’ve been raging at my bosses today … the poor girl was shaking like a leaf … decision should have been made at a higher level that we cancelled or delayed todays delivery’s … like Tesco have done