What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

Cleaned the 2019 mud off the trolley and pumped up the tyres.

Checked over and cleaned the camp chairs and rucksacks. Washed out the cool box.

gonna wash and dry the sleeping bag next. 👍

16 hours ago, timbrass said:

Made a basic  trolley for my son and his girlfriend.  Wheels not as big as I would have liked but it was all I had in the shed!  Should be ok on the metal trackways....

385949528_IMG_20220601_1941057442.thumb.jpg.4ea05e699cab80697e1b24a59ff81c72.jpg

I'm worried about those wheels, from the carpark to the gates there isn't much trackway and I'm not sure they'd hold up well in anything but bone dry conditions. If you've got a chance consider upgrading. Trolley looks solid though.

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'm worried about those wheels, from the carpark to the gates there isn't much trackway and I'm not sure they'd hold up well in anything but bone dry conditions. If you've got a chance consider upgrading. Trolley looks solid though.

I agree …  those paths are also aren’t the smoothest 

I was worried about this too. I’d hate for all your efforts to be scuppered by the wheels.

do they also know not to try to take much in the first trip. Assuming they’re travelling by car, they should take their tent and a few essentials in the wristband queue then go back for the trolley once the tent is up.

20 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I just purchased a cool bag from Millets. I'll use it for tent-based food and drinks (mostly breakfasts). Any tips from anyone who has taken a cool bag before gratefully appreciated. Do I need those blue bricks? Or will Ice from Co-op do the trick. How long will the fridge effect last? Thanks.

For the last few years I've stayed in a caravan, kept cans in the fridge for the festival and each day taken 8 and a couple of frozen blocks plus ice in a small cheap coolbag each day. Most years they do a good job of at least keeping the cans cool until later in the day, but with the opening of the bag it's not as good as you'd hope. 

In 2019 with the heat all bets were off - not only were there some days the ice melted earlier and we had to drink our cans before too late (poor us), but the fridge in the van had one day that it clearly got a bit tired and emotional - as we had to chuck the milk we'd gone to trouble to buy before the festival. Thank heaven for stalls on site 😊

Trialled 'Berocca before bed' last night, after been out on the piss for 12 hours - did absolutely nothing. Woke up with a pounding headache, that's that myth chalked off. Hangover research continues 

On 6/1/2022 at 12:15 AM, Alvoram said:

My solar panel isn't the official one, it's a nondescript Bezos special, but it works. I won't be taking it though, by my calculations we should have enough without the power bars to charge everything overnight, and help somebody else out should the need arise, leaving the power bars as backup / top ups when out and about.

Are you planning to put yours in the lock up in the day? I'm not sure they'd do too well in the tent during a hot day. 

We're in the campervan with a big awning so a bit less concerned about it. But I've had it in the van on blistering hot days - the one a year we have - and its been fine! I think they use them a lot for wild camping in the US so should be ok. I'd be more worried about it getting nicked! 

You should certainly have enough. It's a godsend for me because I had a heat blanket i sometimes need to use when i'm unwell. I tested using it overnight with it, I normally go to sleep with the blanket on a timer for 60 minutes. It only used 5%!!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

For the last few years I've stayed in a caravan, kept cans in the fridge for the festival and each day taken 8 and a couple of frozen blocks plus ice in a small cheap coolbag each day. Most years they do a good job of at least keeping the cans cool until later in the day, but with the opening of the bag it's not as good as you'd hope. 

In 2019 with the heat all bets were off - not only were there some days the ice melted earlier and we had to drink our cans before too late (poor us), but the fridge in the van had one day that it clearly got a bit tired and emotional - as we had to chuck the milk we'd gone to trouble to buy before the festival. Thank heaven for stalls on site 😊

So, you'll be glad to know that i've spent my week of relaxing off work watching every single video about cool boxes that exists on youtube.

The big tip is - get one of those silver reflectors like you get for a car windscreen. Cut that to size to fit in the top of your cooler/top of your bag, and then when you open it, instead of all the cold rushing out, its fairly well protected. Then keep your rootling for a can brief and you should save a lot more ice/cold beer. The verdict is it gets an entire extra day out of ice in a 5 day cooler.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, irnkrtn said:

So, you'll be glad to know that i've spent my week of relaxing off work watching every single video about cool boxes that exists on youtube.

The big tip is - get one of those silver reflectors like you get for a car windscreen. Cut that to size to fit in the top of your cooler/top of your bag, and then when you open it, instead of all the cold rushing out, its fairly well protected. Then keep your rootling for a can brief and you should save a lot more ice/cold beer. The verdict is it gets an entire extra day out of ice in a 5 day cooler.

Good tip ❄️

Someone here shared details about the expensive aussie boxes that can last for several days in their weather. 

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Good tip ❄️

Someone here shared details about the expensive aussie boxes that can last for several days in their weather. 

I have quite an expensive cool box for the camper - its not just for glastonbury, it replaced our previous fridge. They definitely are great, but, really to get those kind of days out of them you still have to have a proper regime in place for daily allocation into more regular cool bags etc. We've got that in place for our first 3 days cause we arrive Sunday, but once the festival starts properly we will let nature's friend, Co-Op ice bags, help us out! 

4 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

I have quite an expensive cool box for the camper - its not just for glastonbury, it replaced our previous fridge. They definitely are great, but, really to get those kind of days out of them you still have to have a proper regime in place for daily allocation into more regular cool bags etc. We've got that in place for our first 3 days cause we arrive Sunday, but once the festival starts properly we will let nature's friend, Co-Op ice bags, help us out! 

Wow that does sound fancy 

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Decided to have a go at removing an annoying ingrowing toenail.  The thought of getting caught in a late night crush on the railway walk and getting my toe stood on fills me with fear.  

The operation has been successfully completed.

Thanks for sharing that!

• Like 1

Have gone into dusty loft ( have had chimney taken down and everything covered in thick brick dust!) to find camping gear which was piled up under loads of stuff moved to make way for builders!  Washed 3 sleeping bags and hung out in sunny garden 😀 

next need to clean everything else we need which is covered in red dust! 

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

You’ll need your own coach with all of that 😂

It’s already been mentioned by my group … on the bus will be 2 bags and one self inflating roll mat … food bag , cool box and chair will be in the car ready for second trip … the printer isn’t coming this year … wellies in car too 

Edited by crazyfool1