What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

8 minutes ago, moogster said:

Browsing for info on why it's not really self inflating, it could be that the length of time it spent rolled up may play, so will leave mine unrolled until tomorrow. Not really sunny hear so can't try that but on the other hand it should be working decently even if it's not a heatwave...

You can put it in the bath to see if there's a leak in it.

3 minutes ago, moogster said:

May need to add a bath to the bathroom first 🙂 Was wondering if carefully using a hairdryer may help.

I wouldn't use heat, maybe use a cool setting? You could loosen the glue on the edges of the mat.

Another way to check for leaks is to manually blow air into it with your mouth, then make a bowl of water and washing up liquid and splash some onto your hand then run your hand over wherever there is a sealed/glued edge of the mat while putting some weight on the mat (sit on it or kneel on it). If there's a hole you might see some bubbles forming if you use enough water. It's a trick for bike inner tubes but I guess it'd work for a mat too?

I'd leave it unrolled until tomorrow to give the foam inside it a chance to expand. Oh and check the valve isn't closed, they're often really fiddly. You might have the valve in the setting where it won't let any air in?

1 minute ago, offmytrolley said:

I'd leave it unrolled until tomorrow to give the foam inside it a chance to expand. Oh and check the valve isn't closed, they're often really fiddly. You might have the valve in the setting where it won't let any air in?

Now you sound like my partner... 🙂 " Yes I checked the valve!"

Will indead leave it on its own until tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Got gas serviced in my old caravan so I'll have a fridge! Yessssss! Also got a spare key cut for my friend so if we lose each other she can still get in. Bought a box of red wine. Getting there! 

SPARE KEY! Adding that to my list, thank you.

• Like 1

I remembered that one of my tents has a dodgy zipper from a friend yanking on it the wrong way at Melt festival in Germany a few years ago. I got it out and fixed it using tip #2 (pliers to the puller) from this video from Camplight: 💪

5 hours ago, moogster said:

Browsing for info on why it's not really self inflating, it could be that the length of time it spent rolled up may play, so will leave mine unrolled until tomorrow. Not really sunny hear so can't try that but on the other hand it should be working decently even if it's not a heatwave...

You’re not supposed to store them compressed. You store them semi-inflated with the valve left open

Edited by Twiggy553

Put up the tent and checked all was good - surprisingly pristine condition after its last use at Glasto 2019! Got some pot noodles, crisps and a folding bowl. Dug out the stainless steel bottle. Starting to feel like I can finally get excited..

11 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

You’re not supposed to store them compressed. You store them semi-inflated with the valve left open

Lesson hardly learned...Lucily it wasn't an expensive one and it did get some use. May use it as an isolating base for a standard inflatable.

A wholesome Sunday trip to Go Outdoors for new sleeping bags and self inflating mattresses, head torch, and batteries.

Rucksacks rescued from the basement.

Researched somewhere to camp this weekend to trial the new tent.

Its getting closer and excitement is building!

Also discovered Gin and Tonic cans from Aldi for 85p 👌🏻👌🏻

21 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Going through my battery packs …I think I’ve got enough … especially as the plan is to reduce need for them this year 

image.jpg

You probably already know this, your clearly a battery veteran, but just in case... Don't charge them up fully yet unless you intend to use them before Glasto, but don't leave them empty either. 

As we have 2 phones, 2 ecigs and 2 watches to charge between us, I'm taking this for charging everything whilst we sleep...

Jackery-Explorer-240-Portable-Power-Station-1.thumb.jpg.678863e20035df20a0a5e487927f26e6.jpg

Which will be in a lockup in the day. And so we're taking a couple of these 20,000 mah bars for fast emergency top ups whilst out...

51vftOjsYLS._AC_SX569_.jpg.f9c139af2e37ca5beff3fb9eeb71f97e.jpg

I know most of you say that you don't need tech at the festival, and don't worry, I won't be the guy stood in front of you filming instead of dancing... But I will need my phone, ecig and watch. I may be an old git but I've become so reliant on technology!!! I'll be using it for payments, for finding my tent, for vaping (obviously,) and unfortunately for keeping in touch with the people looking after my business whilst I'm away... As much as I'd just like to switch off, that wouldn't be fair to the staff looking after it for us should issues arise for them. 

Edited by Alvoram

1 hour ago, McCor said:

A wholesome Sunday trip to Go Outdoors for new sleeping bags and self inflating mattresses, head torch, and batteries.

Rucksacks rescued from the basement.

Researched somewhere to camp this weekend to trial the new tent.

Its getting closer and excitement is building!

Also discovered Gin and Tonic cans from Aldi for 85p 👌🏻👌🏻

What sleeping bag did you go for in the end, need a new one and was looking at the Eurohike 200...

11 hours ago, Alvoram said:

You probably already know this, your clearly a battery veteran, but just in case... Don't charge them up fully yet unless you intend to use them before Glasto, but don't leave them empty either. 

As we have 2 phones, 2 ecigs and 2 watches to charge between us, I'm taking this for charging everything whilst we sleep...

Jackery-Explorer-240-Portable-Power-Station-1.thumb.jpg.678863e20035df20a0a5e487927f26e6.jpg

Which will be in a lockup in the day. And so we're taking a couple of these 20,000 mah bars for fast emergency top ups whilst out...

51vftOjsYLS._AC_SX569_.jpg.f9c139af2e37ca5beff3fb9eeb71f97e.jpg

I know most of you say that you don't need tech at the festival, and don't worry, I won't be the guy stood in front of you filming instead of dancing... But I will need my phone, ecig and watch. I may be an old git but I've become so reliant on technology!!! I'll be using it for payments, for finding my tent, for vaping (obviously,) and unfortunately for keeping in touch with the people looking after my business whilst I'm away... As much as I'd just like to switch off, that wouldn't be fair to the staff looking after it for us should issues arise for them. 

That's a lot of dollar on battery packs! Fair play, I'm jealous.

You'll be able to power half of the campsite with that setup!

On 5/29/2022 at 3:21 PM, eiepete said:

Took a trip over to Stratford to find where my national express coach will be leaving from on the Wednesday morning didn't want to try  finding it on the day...

Ah that's my level of planning!

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

That's a lot of dollar on battery packs! Fair play, I'm jealous.

You'll be able to power half of the campsite with that setup!

They were selling them really cheap (£199) on a special offer in the UK when Anker released their rival (and better) product earlier this year. We camp a lot, and road trip in Europe a lot, so it isn't just a 'festival' purchase. 

Also you'd be surprised at how well the power bars stack up against it, it's only really equivalent to 2.5x or 3x 20k mah power bars, but the 200w of 240v mains inverter means I can plug in a 6 way mains usb charger and charge all of our devices at once as we would at home.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it if it's just a phone that you have to charge, like I presume most people will have, it's too bulky. In that case a power bar or two would be better. But if you have 2 x phones, 2x ecigs, and 2 x smart watches to charge, or a similar silly amount of devices, then it's pretty cool. Can charge it with solar too, but I shouldn't need to do that.  

I have enjoyed Bearded Theory this weekend and used it as a packing for Glasto trial run.  Still have a couple of dilemmas (e.g. pac-a-mac vs thick plastic poncho) but have honed down my packing list based on what I didn't use.

But also generally used BT as training.  I felt that I paced myself pretty well although Glasto will obviously be bigger and harder and a day longer.  But I out-paced the others in my group who all kept going back to the tent for various reasons (I'd forgotten what it was like being a big group), I was quite pleased that I kept going all day and night.  Knackered today obviously.