What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

45 minutes ago, e_p said:

Self inflating foam? That’s just a normal self inflating yeah? About a inch thick when inflated? 

The one I have is 5-6” thick. I’m done with thin mats or sleeping on the floor. 

edit: looked it up and it says 10cm so more like 4”, but a bit more when you blow extra air in. I’d honestly sleep on it every night if it wasn’t a single. 

Edited by PassingCloud

On 5/30/2022 at 11:24 PM, Alvoram said:

They were selling them really cheap (£199) on a special offer in the UK when Anker released their rival (and better) product earlier this year. We camp a lot, and road trip in Europe a lot, so it isn't just a 'festival' purchase. 

Also you'd be surprised at how well the power bars stack up against it, it's only really equivalent to 2.5x or 3x 20k mah power bars, but the 200w of 240v mains inverter means I can plug in a 6 way mains usb charger and charge all of our devices at once as we would at home.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it if it's just a phone that you have to charge, like I presume most people will have, it's too bulky. In that case a power bar or two would be better. But if you have 2 x phones, 2x ecigs, and 2 x smart watches to charge, or a similar silly amount of devices, then it's pretty cool. Can charge it with solar too, but I shouldn't need to do that.  

Do you just have the Jackery or also the solar panel? it should anyway last and then some! I won a 240 plus solar panel during lockdown. All the time to enter camping competitions and dream of festival season. It's a brilliant bit of kit.

10 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

Do you just have the Jackery or also the solar panel? it should anyway last and then some! I won a 240 plus solar panel during lockdown. All the time to enter camping competitions and dream of festival season. It's a brilliant bit of kit.

My solar panel isn't the official one, it's a nondescript Bezos special, but it works. I won't be taking it though, by my calculations we should have enough without the power bars to charge everything overnight, and help somebody else out should the need arise, leaving the power bars as backup / top ups when out and about.

Are you planning to put yours in the lock up in the day? I'm not sure they'd do too well in the tent during a hot day. 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

That looks like a posh version of mine... This is mine https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/sleeping/828-comfort-75-grande.html it has served me well, will never go back to airbeds now. 

5 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

My solar panel isn't the official one, it's a nondescript Bezos special, but it works. I won't be taking it though, by my calculations we should have enough without the power bars to charge everything overnight, and help somebody else out should the need arise, leaving the power bars as backup / top ups when out and about.

Are you planning to put yours in the lock up in the day? I'm not sure they'd do too well in the tent during a hot day. 

That looks like a posh version of mine... This is mine https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/sleeping/828-comfort-75-grande.html it has served me well, will never go back to airbeds now. 

What’s the difference between the two apart from the price?! 🙂 

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

What’s the difference between the two apart from the price?! 🙂 

The more expensive one has a redesigned core, apparently offering the same level of comfort and sturdiness, but packs down in a smaller package. Ideal for glasto if you can afford the markup. 

We've had these for a few years now though, and still going strong, so no need for us to upgrade yet. 🙂

Today we tried out our new Decathlon inflatable beds and realised our (also needed) pump wasn’t powerful enough so had to get another (we’ll try again tomorrow when it arrives). Old sleeping mat fits perfectly so that’s a win!

We also ordered our new tent. Add one more to the list of 4.1 F&Bs (we toyed with 3-man options for a bit but took the longer view). Old one will be heading east once we find a way to donate it.

I’ve fretted some more over a new sleeping bag. Think I’ve worked it out now. While I don’t strictly need one, mine was bought for me 15-20 years ago for some school trip(s) or something, has seen at least 11 festivals since then and a lot of other occasions but is showing it’s age in many ways all the same.

We are having a major kit refresh as we’ve not been in a long time, are a bit older, value our sleep at the best of times and couldn’t countenance not being onsite so are making our set up as nice as we can while still being able to carry it in one trip between us. The refresh seems to even be hitting the choice of campsite amongst our group who have decided that the hill up to Hitchin isn’t worth it anymore. I still love the field and will miss the hillbilly flag but I agree it’s a bastard at 3:30/4am after a night in the naughty corner.

More fun than any of that I’ve been explaining how the Clashfinder works to my old man who is going for the first time this year! He and his wife were a little overwhelmed by the size of it but I made it make a bit more sense to them I think!

7 hours ago, Alvoram said:

The more expensive one has a redesigned core, apparently offering the same level of comfort and sturdiness, but packs down in a smaller package. Ideal for glasto if you can afford the markup. 

We've had these for a few years now though, and still going strong, so no need for us to upgrade yet. 🙂

Thanks. 🙂

I managed to pick up the Grande for £125 on amazon. 🙂 

19 hours ago, rebus said:

Hmm having a similar dilemma on  pac-a-mac Vs poncho.  Anyone found the smallest of both when packed away they can share?

Yeah both of mine fold pretty small though the smallest would be the cheap disposable poncho but that would only be OK if not needed for more than for one downpour.

My pac a mac is easier to put on and off but the poncho covers more of me, including a backpack if need be.  So I'm tempted to take that.

I just purchased a cool bag from Millets. I'll use it for tent-based food and drinks (mostly breakfasts). Any tips from anyone who has taken a cool bag before gratefully appreciated. Do I need those blue bricks? Or will Ice from Co-op do the trick. How long will the fridge effect last? Thanks.

13 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I just purchased a cool bag from Millets. I'll use it for tent-based food and drinks (mostly breakfasts). Any tips from anyone who has taken a cool bag before gratefully appreciated. Do I need those blue bricks? Or will Ice from Co-op do the trick. How long will the fridge effect last? Thanks.

The bigger and more tightly packed the ice the better it is … I use crushed ice to fill the gaps around the ice cubes … and wrap it in a space blanket and keep it open the minimal amount of time …ice on Sunday last time with a pretty cheap Asda cool box /bag 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Don’t bother with the freezer blocks just use Frozen water bottles, frozen juices, frozen G&T - it keeps the food  cool plus you get cold drinks for at least 2 days, then buy ice but keep it in a bag so when it melts you don’t get flooded😀

Edited by sedra

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Cover your cool bag / box with a space blanket ( you know the silver foil type). It will keep the box cool for several days.

Started filling in my clashfinder and transferring stuff on the clashfinder from the Spotify list to my own playlist to listen to only those instead of the ones I don't like.

Realised that almost all of the acts at Strummerville are pleasant and chilled if I fancy a sit down at any time.

Also realised that I don't think I'm going to manage to lose that stone or so before Glasto.

20 hours ago, PassingCloud said:

The one I have is 5-6” thick. I’m done with thin mats or sleeping on the floor. 

edit: looked it up and it says 10cm so more like 4”, but a bit more when you blow extra air in. I’d honestly sleep on it every night if it wasn’t a single. 

One of lifes kick you in the balls moments that when you think somethings 5-6" and someone points out it's more like 4! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1