What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

4 minutes ago, moogster said:

Quite hard to post something interesting after the above but anyway.

I bought 9 items from an outdoors online shop. Two separate delivery. ONe arrived today. It's one item. A pack of electrolytes tablet. Waste of transport really.

I bought some stuff from Millets. Evri have had it since last Wednesday and have not even attempted delivery then on Saturday the status changed to being returned to sender. Contacted Millets who responded by saying don't worry they will give me a refund by 14 days after they receive it back completely failing to grasp the fact that I actually want the order!! So today I will be having to phone them!

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I bought some stuff from Millets. Evri have had it since last Wednesday and have not even attempted delivery then on Saturday the status changed to being returned to sender. Contacted Millets who responded by saying don't worry they will give me a refund by 14 days after they receive it back completely failing to grasp the fact that I actually want the order!! So today I will be having to phone them!

I guess we soon can start a thread called "Stuff you need to receive before June 21st". Hoping not too many people hope for their tickets though. I do want my new socks and hat though!

18 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I have enjoyed Bearded Theory this weekend and used it as a packing for Glasto trial run.  Still have a couple of dilemmas (e.g. pac-a-mac vs thick plastic poncho) but have honed down my packing list based on what I didn't use.

But also generally used BT as training.  I felt that I paced myself pretty well although Glasto will obviously be bigger and harder and a day longer.  But I out-paced the others in my group who all kept going back to the tent for various reasons (I'd forgotten what it was like being a big group), I was quite pleased that I kept going all day and night.  Knackered today obviously.  

Hmm having a similar dilemma on  pac-a-mac Vs poncho.  Anyone found the smallest of both when packed away they can share?

6 hours ago, moogster said:

I guess we soon can start a thread called "Stuff you need to receive before June 21st". Hoping not too many people hope for their tickets though. I do want my new socks and hat though!

I’ve got an item in my Amazon shopping basket that I may need but I hope I won’t. Leaving it in there until the last possible moment before I purchase it if I purchase it. 

33 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve got an item in my Amazon shopping basket that I may need but I hope I won’t. Leaving it in there until the last possible moment before I purchase it if I purchase it. 

Ha… I’ve done the exact same thing today! Made sure it’s next day delivery 

13 hours ago, moogster said:

Forgot my earplugs yesterday evening for a concert. Made a mental note not to forget them for Glasto.

Took delivery of earplugs today, for just in case. 

And poncho — which will be a complete waste of money as it definitely will not be needed. 

Edited by PassingCloud

Dug out the tents and now have to decide between 3. 

It's a close call between the fresh and black, or the 1 man ultra lightweight. 

As I'm working it this year I wanted to take more on but be more compact and have a lighter load. 

On 5/30/2022 at 11:37 AM, Alvoram said:

You probably already know this, your clearly a battery veteran, but just in case... Don't charge them up fully yet unless you intend to use them before Glasto, but don't leave them empty either. 

As we have 2 phones, 2 ecigs and 2 watches to charge between us, I'm taking this for charging everything whilst we sleep...

Jackery-Explorer-240-Portable-Power-Station-1.thumb.jpg.678863e20035df20a0a5e487927f26e6.jpg

Which will be in a lockup in the day. And so we're taking a couple of these 20,000 mah bars for fast emergency top ups whilst out...

Bloody hell, that is a serious bit of kit! If there's any power outages at any of the smaller venues, they'll know who to call on for the emergency backup.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:22 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Unpacked and packed away my self-inflating mat. I had to watch YouTube videos to work out how to get enough air out of it.

Edit: it's the beast that is the Vango Shangri-la ii 7.5 Grande

On the verge of pulling the trigger on this....any more details?

I'm 6ft2 and quite stocky so don't want to be falling off something in the middle of the night if I went for the single one.

Also I'm coming to Glastonbury by coach is this something that could be easily clipped to my rucksack?

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

On the verge of pulling the trigger on this....any more details?

I'm 6ft2 and quite stocky so don't want to be falling off something in the middle of the night if I went for the single one.

Also I'm coming to Glastonbury by coach is this something that could be easily clipped to my rucksack?

Not that easy, I can take a picture of it, it's quite bulky. But maybe could be done.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not that easy, I can take a picture of it, it's quite bulky. But maybe could be done.

that would be helpful thank you. 🙂 

I am offloading my camping chair to a friend of mine who's driving for the way in so perhaps I could carry it in my hands.

Is it quite heavy? 

£145 is quite an investment...but I'm hoping it will be worth it. 🙂 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Pint glass for scale

20220531_222710.jpg

Edit: and foot!

OK, so that looks like it might be a carry in hands or on shoulder job.

Thanks for the help much appreciated...do you think its worth the money btw?

If I can get one at Decathlon on Thursday I'll be able to use it at the camping for Liam Gallagher the following night. 🙂 

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

If I can get one at Decathlon on Thursday I'll be able to use it at the camping for Liam Gallagher the following night. 🙂 

I've never taken it to Glastonbury, only Worthy Pastures where you drive your car along the path right next to your tent, so there were no tradeoffs.

As for whether it's worth it, that depends on how flush you are. But it's the best sleep I've ever had in a tent, and good sleep at that festival is priceless.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've never taken it to Glastonbury, only Worthy Pastures where you drive your car along the path right next to your tent, so there were no tradeoffs.

As for whether it's worth it, that depends on how flush you are. But it's the best sleep I've ever had in a tent, and good sleep at that festival is priceless.

I can justify the cost as I do 2-3 camping festivals each year....I also have a shoulder problem from a car accident years ago that as I get older seems to give me more problems when I go camping.

Fresh and Black tent and a self inflating mat should hopefully see me still festivalling comfortably now I'm into my 40s 🙂 

20 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

If it’s a self-inflating foam mattress definitely worth the hassle. Mine’s more comfy than my bed (and the bed’s comfy). Best camping purchase I’ve made I reckon.