Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

On way home from frank turner Bristol gig ,fantastic as always honestly dont think there is a harder working genuine performer than him gives every gig his all ,would nail a headline slot on the park stage with skinny lister lottery winners and louis dunford before him absolute belter of an evening that would be .

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, cidy said:

On way home from frank turner Bristol gig ,fantastic as always honestly dont think there is a harder working genuine performer than him gives every gig his all ,would nail a headline slot on the park stage with skinny lister lottery winners and louis dunford before him absolute belter of an evening that would be .

Yeah saw him on Tuesday in Manchester. Was in two minds about going as I’ve seen him loads now and didn’t think there was much left to see but always forget how genuinely fantastic his live show is and how effortlessly he gets the crowd up for it. Really glad I went in the end, probably end up grabbing a ticket for his smaller shows tour next year as well. 

18 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Yeah saw him on Tuesday in Manchester. Was in two minds about going as I’ve seen him loads now and didn’t think there was much left to see but always forget how genuinely fantastic his live show is and how effortlessly he gets the crowd up for it. Really glad I went in the end, probably end up grabbing a ticket for his smaller shows tour next year as well. 

I was the same with this tour. I spent so long deciding if I should go and watch him yet again that the Liverpool gig sold out before I decided to go.

I sort of wasn't bothered but it was eating away at me, what else would I be doing on a Saturday night, watching Stictly? So I ended up getting a couple off Twickets 2 days before and had an absolute blast. 

I'll be trying for Buckley later.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I was the same with this tour. I spent so long deciding if I should go and watch him yet again that the Liverpool gig sold out before I decided to go.

I sort of wasn't bothered but it was eating away at me, what else would I be doing on a Saturday night, watching Stictly? So I ended up getting a couple off Twickets 2 days before and had an absolute blast. 

Exact same as you, didn’t even get the tickets until on the day but saw a couple of cheap ones pop up and thought why not, had a great time. 

I think I’ll do the same, live in Manchester but from Wrexham so nice excuse to pop back home. 

Manchester Folk Festival put on a cracking night at The Blues Kitchen last night.

Grace Petrie headlining with Ben Moss, supported by Guise and Lucy Grubb. The crowd were incredible, and first time hearing Guise and Lucy live - I’ll be seeking them out again!

Grace and Ben of course never disappoint. Bloody amazing night!

AA535ACB-DEA1-4DDA-9DC8-79A0BAF9B661.thumb.jpeg.4a133fdc9834c5c36e7e0484f5b0d6e3.jpeg65745D56-1746-4664-ADC9-7BB46539AC94.thumb.jpeg.ea6b56b264351fa55ee2e4f6a4064439.jpeg119D56D3-33A9-4469-B715-A8D336765DBB.thumb.jpeg.bf186756091a24a24792ac4b2ae9aac9.jpeg5AD1A44A-0CE9-4C8C-9C7D-3F199CA84936.thumb.jpeg.6a5ee1592cd74f48492722ca085cfe10.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 6:58 PM, theciderviking said:

Oh no, sorry to hear that, and hope you're not feeling too rough! 😞

Here's a little teaser for you - my first time hearing it live, seemed so very fitting just now. 

IMG_0135.MOV

10 hours ago, cidy said:

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Exact same as you, didn’t even get the tickets until on the day but saw a couple of cheap ones pop up and thought why not, had a great time. 

I think I’ll do the same, live in Manchester but from Wrexham so nice excuse to pop back home. 

None of you are making me feel any better! Seriously, glad you all had a great time 😊

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

Was there a pre-sale for this? Interested by the Northampton show on this run having not been to any of the shows I had considered on this cycle.

I grabbed them through a Live National presale 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Digi said:

None of you are making me feel any better! Seriously, glad you all had a great time 😊

I grabbed them through a Live National presale 

Sorry hadn’t even seen your post! Hope you’re feeling better. 

Good thing about Frank is you’re probably only ever about 6 months away from the next time he tours!

31 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Sorry hadn’t even seen your post! Hope you’re feeling better. 

Good thing about Frank is you’re probably only ever about 6 months away from the next time he tours!

Ha! You're absolutely right 🙂

3 times I've managed to miss him this year. Album launch in April I had a stomach bug. Sheffield 3 weeks or so ago I had a chest infection, and Manchester on Tuesday. I was actually ready to go and pick my son up to go and figured I'd grab something to eat - couldn't taste a thing so figured I better test just in case. I felt fine but going anyway wasn't really an option for me. I'm a nurse - our covid admissions over the last 3 weeks have quadrupled and we are back to having to cancel surgery as we have no beds. I'd just be adding to the issue

Feel like I've been hit by a bus now though 

Ah well - I did manage to see him in Leeds 😀 I have defintely seen him more than any other artists. I think it's the universe's way of telling me to listen to some new music for gods sake! 

Edited by Digi

2 hours ago, theciderviking said:

Manchester Folk Festival put on a cracking night at The Blues Kitchen last night.

Grace Petrie headlining with Ben Moss, supported by Guise and Lucy Grubb. The crowd were incredible, and first time hearing Guise and Lucy live - I’ll be seeking them out again!

Grace and Ben of course never disappoint. Bloody amazing night!

AA535ACB-DEA1-4DDA-9DC8-79A0BAF9B661.thumb.jpeg.4a133fdc9834c5c36e7e0484f5b0d6e3.jpeg65745D56-1746-4664-ADC9-7BB46539AC94.thumb.jpeg.ea6b56b264351fa55ee2e4f6a4064439.jpeg119D56D3-33A9-4469-B715-A8D336765DBB.thumb.jpeg.bf186756091a24a24792ac4b2ae9aac9.jpeg5AD1A44A-0CE9-4C8C-9C7D-3F199CA84936.thumb.jpeg.6a5ee1592cd74f48492722ca085cfe10.jpeg

I saw Grace at the Brudenell on Wednesday and was excellent. Really enjoyed it though didn't realise she was on early and doing 2 sets so missed a bit of the 1st set.

In the last week we saw:

Chk Chk Chk (or !!!) with Baba Ali as support - Bristol Strange Brew - both great, loads of energy and great sound in a relatively new Bristol venue. thought Baba Ali shaded it on points.

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly - Bristol Exchange - First time seen since the original Album tour 16 years ago.  Nostalgic and Sam still hits the sweet spot live. Supports were Blab (single female with backing tracks) - showing good promise early doors, and Sunflower Thieves (Female duo with acoustic and keys) - lovely harmonies and great talent.  Liked both supports a lot.

Gilla Band with Mandy Indiana support - Bristol Trinity - blown away by both. Mandy Indiana loads better than at End of The Road, sound spot on and they gave it full beans. Gilla Band were ferocious, extraordinary gig. The sound and passion were off the scale. In the top 3 of a very full year.

27 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

In the last week we saw:

Chk Chk Chk (or !!!) with Baba Ali as support - Bristol Strange Brew - both great, loads of energy and great sound in a relatively new Bristol venue. thought Baba Ali shaded it on points.

would have loved to have seen that !!! have always been fab when i've seen them.

26 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

In the last week we saw:

I saw !!! in Cambridge on Saturday. So much fun and he was in the audience dancing with people probably as much as he was on stage 😁

We also went to the ABBA Voyage thing yesterday too. Went in not really knowing what to expect and it was genuinely excellent. Yes the avatars looked a bit odd on occasions but the sound and visuals that filled the room were flipping great.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:28 PM, panda97 said:

Went to see Beabadoobee in Nottingham last night, was pretty enjoyable, songs translate well to a live environment, technically the performance was strong!

However she is seriously lacking in stage presence and charisma, I know not everyone can be a natural showman but it does make the show a hell of a lot more forgettable 

I saw her in Bristol last weekend and thought it was excellent- although her voice needed to be stronger (that’s on the sound desk and the big group of 14 year olds who just SCREAMED for most of the gig though.) 

Going to see Alexisonfire at The Barrowlands tonight with Pavement in the same venue tomorrow. Will be fun seeing two very different bands/crowds back to back. 

Alexisonfire playing their first full UK tour in about 12 years, with a new album, and they only played 12 songs in Manchester last night. Seems a bit underwhelming but should still be good.

8 hours ago, GeezLouise said:

Saw Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. doing the full Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager album at Scala in london on friday. That album really changed my life in a way I can't put my finger on. Was an excellent time. 

I could have written this post! Apart from the venue ( saw him in Bristol). That album helped me through some dark times all those years ago. I wore the t shirt I bought 16 years ago when I first saw him in Yeovil ski lodge ( before it was burnt down). Sam gave me and another guy a shout out for still having them , and still fitting into them! 

• Like 1