Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

20 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I saw her in Bristol last weekend and thought it was excellent- although her voice needed to be stronger (that’s on the sound desk and the big group of 14 year olds who just SCREAMED for most of the gig though.) 

I do think it was a good show, no complaints at all about the quality of the performance, it just felt a little muted and lacking that extra punch you want from a live show

Got on the guest list last night to watch Fat Dog support Sports Team.

3rd time I've seen them and they are just something else. Not really sure how to describe them, and there's no music online other than YouTube vids.

They are kind of terrible but also amazing. And definitely one of the most entertaining things you can see.

Left halfway through Sports Team because they are just a bit meh.

7 hours ago, panda97 said:

I do think it was a good show, no complaints at all about the quality of the performance, it just felt a little muted and lacking that extra punch you want from a live show

Was the support band called Pretty Sick? I know they were doing some of the dates. They look interesting live, if not a slightly strange support booking for that tour. Just wondered how they went down?

Saw let’s eat grandma in bristol tonight. Very good. First time i’ve managed to see them since 2018 so i was a little disappointed with just the 3 tracks from Im All Ears (Hot Pink, Donnie Darko, It’s Not Just Me) as i would’ve liked them to squeeze in I Will be Waiting, Falling Into Me or Ava but ah well they played all those last time i saw them. Very good gig, get them on the park or williams green next year

Edited by TheWaters

4 hours ago, benali said:

Was the support band called Pretty Sick? I know they were doing some of the dates. They look interesting live, if not a slightly strange support booking for that tour. Just wondered how they went down?

It was, I don't remember them too much, but they seemed decent, I'd say that they had a relatively good reception from the crowd, people were mostly attentive to them and they were getting good levels of applause and cheering!

• Like 1

Bon Iver were excellent tonight. It was the last of my covid postponed gigs but well worth the wait. I’d seen them before at Primavera and NOS Alive and while I really enjoyed both sets, both being festivals and different crowds meant there was a lot of chatting throughout. No complaints tonight though, could hear a pin drop during stuff like Creeks and the new song he did. Skinny Love was a nice surprise too but the real highlights were Hey Ma, Lump Sum and a ridiculously good Blood Bank. They’re well overdue a return to Glastonbury at this point. I suspect they’d end up in the eFests approved disappointing indie sub slot but get them on the Other in 2024 for us sad lads while Dua Lipa is on the Pyramid. 

9 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Bon Iver were excellent tonight. It was the last of my covid postponed gigs but well worth the wait. I’d seen them before at Primavera and NOS Alive and while I really enjoyed both sets, both being festivals and different crowds meant there was a lot of chatting throughout. No complaints tonight though, could hear a pin drop during stuff like Creeks and the new song he did. Skinny Love was a nice surprise too but the real highlights were Hey Ma, Lump Sum and a ridiculously good Blood Bank. They’re well overdue a return to Glastonbury at this point. I suspect they’d end up in the eFests approved disappointing indie sub slot but get them on the Other in 2024 for us sad lads while Dua Lipa is on the Pyramid. 

Thought they were incredible tonight! Was saying to my brother about a Glastonbury appearance, thought more a JP headline slot like Sigur Ros in 2016, the light show needs the dark!

Been a bit light on gigs this year but the best by some margin was LP at Leeds O2 Academy.  Such an incredible voice and a great setlist.  Sang my throat sore.

Seeing Cam Cole next month.  That should be ace.

Just seen on the ad banners on here that W.A.S.P. are doing a 40th anniversary tour next Spring!  I saw them in about 1989.  A 65 year old Blackie Lawless trying to run around with his sawblade codpiece would be a sight worth seeing! 😆😆😆

40 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've only ever seen him busking in Camden and Brick Lane. Super talented, good to see him on the rise

New discovery for me this year.  Hands down the best 1 man band I've ever heard!

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Just seen on the ad banners on here that W.A.S.P. are doing a 40th anniversary tour next Spring!  I saw them in about 1989.  A 65 year old Blackie Lawless trying to run around with his sawblade codpiece would be a sight worth seeing! 😆😆😆

@Gnomicide oooh, maybe don't put that sleeveless denim away just yet...

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@Gnomicide oooh, maybe don't put that sleeveless denim away just yet...

I have tickets! The date has been moved that many times that it was probably a 35th anniversary when they went on sale. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Saw Skid Row last night in Brighton. Absolutely stunning, the new vocalist has really brought new life to the band. It was 1989 all over again and in a very good way. I sang and screamed my way through a blistering set of pure classic hard rock.

Thank for posting this. As the trains are probably scuppered due to strikes on the 3rd November meaning I probably can't get to IST IST in London, I can now go to Skid Row in Cambridge instead, so thanks for reminding me 👍🙂

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Thank for posting this. As the trains are probably scuppered due to strikes on the 3rd November meaning I probably can't get to IST IST in London, I can now go to Skid Row in Cambridge instead, so thanks for reminding me 👍🙂

Enjoy, they were fantastic. Enuff ZNuff had short but sweet set and openers Collateral were fun too.

Gabriels at New Century Hall in Manchester. 1st time for me in this new venue. Venue is nice although for a short person I note it is one I will need to get relatively near the front to get a good view. Luckily last night I did. With just the one album it was a fairly short gig at about 45 minutes but they sounded fabulous live and Jacob has an amazing voice and a charismatic personality on stage, 

999BE820-68AB-4E21-9AB9-FDD11EA0C764.jpeg

1B1158AF-72C6-42DF-A80E-5F1EF13BC18D.jpeg

76841279-49E9-4260-86F6-EBDCCF97AE5B.jpeg

Deep Purple last night. Pretty certain Gillan's ego wouldn't let them accept third on the Pyramid for an early sunset dad rock slot, but his voice is holding up better than expected and their propensity for ludicrously elongated solos would go down a treat with the sundown lounge crowd.

Clocked in at around ninety-five minutes, so shave off the new material and hey presto!

Highway Star
Pictures of Home
Lazy
When a Blind Man Cries
Perfect Strangers
Space Truckin'
Smoke on the Water
Hush
Black Night

Went to Sad Night Dynamite in Bristol last night. Mrs Q and I went with my daughter as she had bought us tickets, she thought we would like them. She was right. Had a great time and they were really good. Was lovely seeing my daughter let loose, she has had a troubled time for some time.

Got to meet them after , to get my daughters vinyl signed . Certainly taking after the old man. They were 2 lovely guys and gave a lot of time to each of the people they met, even me. One used to live in Pilton so we nattered Glastonbury for a while. Stupidly I forgot to ask what the music was between support and them as it was right up my street

My daughter and friend then went out to some bar. "Dad you coming with". No, it's Sunday 11.30 I need my bed.

20221023_212715.thumb.jpg.c616cf9595d41fa503d9bc2c480ffd8d.jpg