eFestivals FC

Somto Unigwe Raphael

The very last time that I played football it was for a Sunday league team. I had been out until the wee hours the night before and wasn't due to play football that day at all. I know this because I don't actually play football. However, some people that I knew had formed this football team and were short of a player, so they drove to my house to 'get me'. I told them that there was no way on earth that I wished to play football for them as I had been drinking heavily and just wasn't able to do that. I can't recall how but the bastards did in fact eventually manage to talk me in to it. All I experienced throughout the match was pain - both physical and mental. However, one lad had been out until 5am that morning and they had also got him out f bed to play. He made me feel a little better about my situation because every now and again he would actually vomit on to the pitch. Now there was one more element to this nonsense. We were playing a team from a very rough pub in a very rough part of Birmingham. Before the match even started they had informed us that we weren't to score a goal because if we did they would beat us up.And then one of or side did one of the maddest things that I have ever witnessed - his love f football / glory /call it what you like, got the better of him ad he went and scored a goal. He was chased by a rabble of their team who wanted to hit him. However, they weren't the healthiest and he managed to get away and hide somewhere. I can't recall how things went on from there but we probably promised them that we wouldn't do it again sort of thing.

Anyway, while I am very flattered to be made a sub of the efests football team, please may I ask to be dropped from the squad. I never want to play football ever again. Not that there was actually going to be a match. I still need that certainty.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The very last time that I played football it was for a Sunday league team. I had been out until the wee hours the night before and wasn't due to play football that day at all. I know this because I don't actually play football. However, some people that I knew had formed this football team and were short of a player, so they drove to my house to 'get me'. I told them that there was no way on earth that I wished to play football for them as I had been drinking heavily and just wasn't able to do that. I can't recall how but the bastards did in fact eventually manage to talk me in to it. All I experienced throughout the match was pain - both physical and mental. However, one lad had been out until 5am that morning and they had also got him out f bed to play. He made me feel a little better about my situation because every now and again he would actually vomit on to the pitch. Now there was one more element to this nonsense. We were playing a team from a very rough pub in a very rough part of Birmingham. Before the match even started they had informed us that we weren't to score a goal because if we did they would beat us up.And then one of or side did one of the maddest things that I have ever witnessed - his love f football / glory /call it what you like, got the better of him ad he went and scored a goal. He was chased by a rabble of their team who wanted to hit him. However, they weren't the healthiest and he managed to get away and hide somewhere. I can't recall how things went on from there but we probably promised them that we wouldn't do it again sort of thing.

Anyway, while I am very flattered to be made a sub of the efests football team, please may I ask to be dropped from the squad. I never want to play football ever again. Not that there was actually going to be a match. I still need that certainty.

Spellings a bit shit in places because my keyboard is fucked a little.

53 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Don't put me in defence Haha. Though days are long gone

If you want I could put you up front and move @Mouseboy11 to the LW, think he can do a good Heung-Min Son type performance out there. @Matt42 moved to RB, think him and @The Martini Police could form a good connection, on the same wavelength.

You can be our Edinson Cavani. A veteran of the forum but still got a lot to give.

1 hour ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

If you want I could put you up front and move @Mouseboy11 to the LW, think he can do a good Heung-Min Son type performance out there. @Matt42 moved to RB, think him and @The Martini Police could form a good connection, on the same wavelength.

You can be our Edinson Cavani. A veteran of the forum but still got a lot to give.

As long as I don't have to use my head haha

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I assume this is an amateur team so sadly I have to rule myself out, despite the fact that most successful teams have traditionally had at least one Scot. For several years I took payment from a national broadcaster as a radio pundit so technically I am professional 😉

Are you Archie MacPherson then? 😆

may i suggest:

@vintagelaureatein the sweeper role - his organisation is exemplary...

@Ayrshire Chris(despite his professional status) for his reliability - He is often in the vicinity of the ground, even when there is no match on (and i think he wears his kit every day just in case he gets the call)... 

@deebeedoobeemust be on the coaching/ground staff - pre match prep, choice of studs, pitch inspection etc..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

may i suggest:

@vintagelaureatein the sweeper role - his organisation is exemplary...

@Ayrshire Chris(despite his professional status) for his reliability - He is often in the vicinity of the ground, even when there is no match on (and i think he wears his kit every day just in case he gets the call)... 

@deebeedoobeemust be on the coaching/ground staff - pre match prep, choice of studs, pitch inspection etc..

As long as that doesn't include washing dirty kit and kecks.

Can I be in charge of the orange segments for half time?